It's Beginning to Sound a lot like Christmas...

Started by Briar, December 01, 2008, 04:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I

Love Christmas Music
Could Care Less About Christmas Music
Loathe Christmas Music
Think I May Strangle Something If I Hear "Sleigh Bells" One More Time

Briar

I realize that a poll/post is on here around every Christmas, but it is a new year, which means new poll.

What are your opinions on Christmas Music?  Favorite Songs/Artists?  Anything that has to do with Christmas Music. 
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

windhound

<3 Christmas music

One of my favorites- Fairy Tale of New York, the Pogues- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjEIP6otc4Y
Another- Snoopy vs. The Red Baron, Royal Guardsmen- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlf---13Q0g
And TSO rocks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA9DmSfufSQ
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

I've played violin since i was 4. As a kid my mother would have me and my brothers form a trio (or quartet when she was playing the cello) and we would travel around and play christmas songs at various places for fun.

One christmas I played 27 shows... At least thats what my memory tells me, i was a kid though.

After that, I have a hard time with christmas music.

I do like original pieces, or some well done ones like Emanuel by Sufjan Stevens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UGaDcQcFKk

I even wanted to make my own christmas album with a friend of mine, but we never got around to it. I mostly just wanted to have an album cover with me and him wearing really fluffy christmas sweaters, hahahaha.

Gen. Volkov

I love Christmas music. Especially metal versions of classic carols.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ruatine

Love Christmas music! So much so, in fact, I sometimes listen to it when it's not Christmas. ^.^

Favorites:

>Carol of the Bells (by anyone really, but I think my favorite version is by Mannheim Steamroller)
>Grown-up Christmas List by Michael Bublé
>Santa Baby (by anyone, no one favorite)

"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

The Lady Shael

I love Christmas music. =) Christmas time is my favorite time of the year (also because my birthday is in the same month), so whenever I hear the songs, I feel happy. I try not to listen to Christmas music at any other time of the year though, cause I'm afraid I'll associate the songs with the wrong part of the year.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

kell

before i started working in a pub i loved x mass music but when you hear the same handful of songs 16hours a day for 2-3weeks you start hating them so fast
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Shadow

Try playing pit orchestra for any musical - the same songs, over and over, for sometimes 12 hours in one go, and then 5 or 6 performances in a row...

If I ever hear the soundtrack to Annie again I'll flip.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Martin the warrior

Quote from: Shadow on December 05, 2008, 04:05:00 PM
lol i've always hated that movie
Who thinks that I am dead
Knows naught at all.
I-- am that is.
Two mice within Redwall.
The Warrior sleeps twixt Hall and Cavern Hole.
I-- am that is.
Take on my mighty role.

Briar

Quote from: Martin the warrior on December 08, 2008, 11:09:44 AM
Quote from: Shadow on December 05, 2008, 04:05:00 PM
lol i've always hated that movie

I only hate it because of the high pitched children's voices.  I am okay with the original movie version of the musical but can't stand any of the others.

That's why I can't stand that "so this is christmas" song, because of the high pitched children's voices.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?