Awards

Started by Gorak, November 21, 2008, 06:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorak

reset is tomorrow, so might as well vote on this now,
awards for the last 4 months of Ereptor's reign.
categories are;

Imperial MVP
MVP Viva la Resistance
Best Player all Around
Most Honourable
Least Honourable
Most Feared
Most Annoying
Biggest Surprise
Most Disappointing
Most Improved/Best Rookie

please try to include a brief explanation of your vote

here's mine
Imperial MVP = Shadow, the one that really held it together
MVP Viva la Resistance = Obliterator, the only resistance really
Best Player all around = Holby, for the freaking land scrapes he pulled off
Most Honourable = Shadow, kept us in line and kept us from fightin' dirty
Least honourable = Kind of a toss up, first General Volkov, for constantly threatening to switch sides, but I'll have to give my vote to Cobby-Copper for resorting to code abuse
Most feared = Snare seemed to be the most feared, though he did nothing to justify it.
Most annoying = Firetooth, does this really need an explanation?
Biggest Surprise = logging in to see 250+k land on the land farm
Biggest dissapointment = lack of opposition
most improved/best rookie = The Spaceman, the only rookie to really do anything
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Holby

Imperial MVP = Shadow, the rock. The rest of us couldn't be bothered running without him.
MVP Viva la Resistance = Oblit, kept up a constant barrage all round.
Best Player all around = I'd say those of us who ran most often with Ereptor were pretty even in terms of what we achieved, so no-one specific here.
Most Honourable = Honour didn't play a noticable part in this.
Least honourable = Snare, for trying to get Ereptor disabled every other week.
Most feared = The god of onlining.
Most annoying = Firetooth, for telling everyone to do something, but not playing himself.
Biggest Surprise = Getting onlined by Oblit when we had Ereptor at (I think) 600k.
Biggest dissapointment = We walked all over the game.
most improved/best rookie = Space. Given that Spaceman and Oblit are friends, I was really surprised they didn't work together.

-

I guess this is kinda fun to do, but any awards aren't really deserved, except from within those of us involved.

Simply, there was no serious resistance in the months we had. Not one person stockpiled troops, it was all leader suicides, which failed dismally. We systematically took out anyone who was even a threat, but were allowed to do it unhindered. I'm pretty sure in the last 2 months I was murdered or poisoned only once, even though I was indying and often had defenses down.

Ereptor had very breakable amounts of troops for an incredibly long time, the fruits of 2 indyers running off each other would have been enough to break in half groups in a single run. But the opposition were too lazy, and had too much faith in exploiting ridiculous suicides.

I was disappointed with the lack of interest and skill in organisation by those involved. No-one even attempted to indy, apart from those who always do. We completely owned this game, but it never should have been possible against a vaguely intelligent resistance.
I will not deleted this

The Obliterator

Imperial MVP     Shadow the murders made it impossible to stockpile troops
MVP Viva la Resistance       Peace for pulling together a team even while he was so busy.
Best Player all Around      Didn't really see half the people run that could so nothing here.
Most Honourable         Was there honour in this.
Least Honourable        Me for onlining Ereptor and recking his land for the moment.
Most Feared          No one here
Most Annoying       Shadow all the murders made me want to kill him twice.
Biggest Surprise       Finding ereptor with no troops at 600k land.
Most Disappointing      The resistance i felt like it was only me for half of it.
Most Improved/Best Rookie     The spaceman hes turning out to be a very competent indy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well me and space did work together.
Shadow can tesify that he destroyed over 300mil stoats me and space just kept on making them and shadow destroyed them almost every run.
And if death hadn't betrayed us we would have been after you very soon.
Cause he was going to be the mule for the troops.
You do realize how hard it is to really stockpile troops when every time you do they get completly destroyed by murders even with sheilds up.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Gorak

I'll let you in on a secret
up until about 3 weeks ago, two well funded indy's working together for land scrapes and monostacking rats woulda been able to break ereptor in one run, provided you had a decent farmer able to net you up to striking distance
we were actually worried about that, and started scrambling to make more rats, but you all just kept with the stoats and skiffs

The Obliterator

Thats the thing we weren't funded.
We had to fund ourselves.
Food was our main issue too.
Rats would have killed that.

Holby

For 90% of the time you spent trying to build troops, Oblit, you had your defenses down between runs. Without shields, you're gonna get torn apart every run. Spaceman was the same thing. Further, both you and Space made primarily stoats, but you also made weasels and skiffs in smaller numbers. Why bother?

I thought you two didn't operate together because you held your troops as you ran, and didn't run off each other's land.

Here's what you should have done:
100% setting of one troop type
Between attacks, send everything to Space (who is in a separate clan, on allied) while you health, so you're only running with a few mil troops at a time. Most impotantly, there is no upkeep, so resources don't get burnt. As an added factor, you won't lose much attacking unclanned warlords, so no losses. And low health attacks don't destroy as many troops because you have less to lose.
You finish up your run.
Space takes all of your land, and scrapes for more, and he then sends you all of his (and what were your) troops. So little upkeep, more efficient production, and all the troops are in one place.

(To be safe, Both of you make sure your defenses are up for at least 80 hours, so murders have to be 1%)

Doing just this, you would easily have had enough troops to break Ereptor with HALF groups (up until about a month or so ago), as around 150 mil stoats would have done it in a heartbeat, or 2-300 mil rats, even easier.

But this isn't flawless, because sending to each other is limited to 3 times bigger, and you'll either need a third party to make the attacks (because you'll be out) or have to hold the troops for next time. Which is dangerous. With ONE other person, who is in the same clan as one of the two indyers, they can run hold and run when the indyers are finished, or if the run wasn't effective, hold the troops for next time.

Ideally, this person would be a cloaked fox, who would have been overlooked by us.

This was all very doable, just never attempted. I really wanted to be on the other side. :D

I will not deleted this

The Obliterator

It was attempted but the only fox that would do it was death and he swapped sides.

Firetooth

Quote from: Holby on November 21, 2008, 08:00:17 PM
Imperial MVP = Shadow, the rock. The rest of us couldn't be bothered running without him.
Best Player all around = I'd say those of us who ran most often with Ereptor were pretty even in terms of what we achieved, so no-one specific here.
Most annoying = Firetooth, for telling everyone to do something, but not playing himself.
Biggest Surprise = Getting onlined by Oblit when we had Ereptor at (I think) 600k.
most improved/best rookie = Space. Given that Spaceman and Oblit are friends, I was really surprised they didn't work together.

-

I guess this is kinda fun to do, but any awards aren't really deserved, except from within those of us involved.

Simply, there was no serious resistance in the months we had. Not one person stockpiled troops, it was all leader suicides, which failed dismally. We systematically took out anyone who was even a threat, but were allowed to do it unhindered. I'm pretty sure in the last 2 months I was murdered or poisoned only once, even though I was indying and often had defenses down.

Ereptor had very breakable amounts of troops for an incredibly long time, the fruits of 2 indyers running off each other would have been enough to break in half groups in a single run. But the opposition were too lazy, and had too much faith in exploiting ridiculous suicides.

I was disappointed with the lack of interest and skill in organisation by those involved. No-one even attempted to indy, apart from those who always do. We completely owned this game, but it never should have been possible against a vaguely intelligent resistance.
pah, thats what everyone thought. I actually planned my "death" as part of my plan (I know that's what they all say) but I didn't know it'd reset but by the end of this round I'll still be somewhere decent
I was Phoenix and planned to aid my cash to the indies but then they announced the reset so I just stocked.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Holby

Quote from: Firetooth on November 22, 2008, 03:22:38 AM
Quote from: Holby on November 21, 2008, 08:00:17 PM

-

pah, thats what everyone thought. I actually planned my "death" as part of my plan (I know that's what they all say) but I didn't know it'd reset but by the end of this round I'll still be somewhere decent
I was Phoenix and planned to aid my cash to the indies but then they announced the reset so I just stocked.
Created On October 23, 2008

Your old account's last attack was 19 Sep 2008.

Doesn't add up, and you didn't do anything useful with your new account anyway. Sorry to call your bluff.
I will not deleted this

Firetooth

I didn't have the chance to do anything useful. As well as my quiting as part of the plan I was also quite busy why I left for over a month
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Imperial MVP - holby and his crazy scraping skills
MVP Viva la Resistance - oblit, he was really the only one
Best Player all Around - I'd say holby again, he is better than me at dealing with small land
Most Honourable - me and holbs are the only reason the resistence was killed regularly... does this count as honour?
Least Honourable - snare and/or bob sama, for resorting to code abuse and attempted disablings instead of fighting properly
Most Feared - I was pretty worried about Peace for a while
Most Annoying - getting killed
Biggest Surprise - 250k land
Most Disappointing - No real opposition, just lots of hot air
Most Improved/Best Rookie - space, obviously

And now, for the leader math I promised you:

Alright. By month two, we were invincible to suicides. Why, you ask?

In the space of three days, it is possible to commit 93 suicides. 21 Initially, and one more per hour for the next 72 hours. However, Given Ereptor's stats, it would have taken well over 120 suicides to get him in range of a takedown, and even then, you would have had to have 175 ratio on 50k land. 50k land was pretty hard to scrape, let alone fill with leaders, and with desertions in the picture, it was a lost cause. So basically, the entire effort by the resistence during that time was wasted.

As has been said before, if you had stacked troops to do it, rats were the only option. Mainly because to break in anything else, you would have needed well over a billion net in troops alone, and we would have seen it coming from miles away. So stoats, which is what you went with all roundd, were a bad move. If you were going to do it with stoats, you would have needed a heavily cloaked fox.

Otherwise, good fun was had all around. Hopefully Ereptor will come here and post his stats before the reset.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

QuoteLeast honourable = Kind of a toss up, first General Volkov, for constantly threatening to switch sides, but I'll have to give my vote to Cobby-Copper for resorting to code abuse

What? I never threatened to switch sides. I may have once threatened to leave, but for the most part the only thing I was agitating for was for kills. Even if I had left, I wouldn't have joined Snare's side. And I know I didn't "constantly" threaten to leave. However, if that's how you all think of me, well, we don't have to work together ever again.

Imperial MVP- Holby, for his scraping skills and helping to hold the clan together
MVP Viva la Resistance- Oblit, as he stuck with it. Snare was gone too much.
Best Player all Around- I dunno. Probably Holby, he always seemed to contribute the most to any particular run.
Most Honourable- Couldn't say. Shadow or Holby, they kept us from fighting too dirty.
Least Honourable- Coby, for the code exploit, though Snare played dirty as well.
Most Feared- Ereptor's helpers, I'd say.
Most Annoying- Whoever onlined Ereptor. I think it was Oblit.
Biggest Surprise- Getting nearly 900k land. I didn't think that much was in the game.
Most Disappointing- The way the resistance kept falling apart.
Most Improved/Best Rookie- Spaceman

Same here. It was fun dominating, but we never should have been able to do it.

QuoteThis was all very doable, just never attempted. I really wanted to be on the other side.

You know I think we all sort of did. The fact that we managed to stick together and actually do this thing, when most of us are used to doing the takedowns is actually rather amazing. Maybe that's even why we did it, in part, because the people who would have organized an effective resistance were either gone or part of the the group who decided to put someone on top.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gorak

Quote from: Holby on November 21, 2008, 11:42:35 PM

Ideally, this person would be a cloaked fox, who would have been overlooked by us.

no way it woulda been overlooked by me
I made a point of probe attacking all foxes to see what they really had

and Volky, sorry, but every time I jumped into a MSN convo with the crew, you were always complaining, and saying things like, your gonna leave and prove to us how much we need you and such
might have been just bad timing on my part, catching part of a convo, but it was pretty consistent, and very annoying

Gen. Volkov

Dude, I did that ONCE (threaten to leave). I don't think I ever asked people to prove that they needed me, or try to prove to you guys that I was needed, or whatever your saying. I was asked to join, that meant I was needed, end of story. So if you only jumped into one convo with me, then yes, maybe that is all you heard. It may having been annoying, that one time, but I was pissed that no one ever showed up for runs when they said they would. I was not doing it "all the time" though. Though I may have been annoying about wanting to kill certain people.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Rawr.

It's done, the team did a great job. Leave it in the past.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..