Vote

Started by Ereptor, November 04, 2008, 05:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who did you vote for and if you are not eligible would you vote for?

John McCain
14 (66.7%)
Barrack Obama
6 (28.6%)
Rpss Perot
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Ereptor

I know we had a few of these but I just thought I would give the main three on the ballot.  If you are too young or if you don't live in the united states please post after you have voted.  I just thought it would be interesting to see who RWL would elect.  This is my first election ever voting.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Briar

Quote from: Ereptor on November 04, 2008, 05:23:40 PM
This is my first election ever voting.

ditto. 
I voted for McCain because I do not really like Obama. In my opinion, he talk a lot but does not say much.
I am expecting this to be a close election though.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

windhound

Isn't Bob Barr the indy candidate?

But yeah.  McCain for me.  Voted this morning.

Current counts are 11.444 : 11.327 million, obama leading.  50% : 49% popular vote
Electoral counts favor Obama, but a good number of states are still counting and over half havnt reported in
I believe it could be a close race, yep.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ereptor

Wow looks like RWL is leaning towards McCain.  But I think its over.  I hate to admit it, but we lost Ohio and that means McCain has to pull a hail mary and I just don't see that coming.  FL, VI and NC are soo close and he can't lose any of those.  Its a tuff day for republicans...I won't go far enough to say Americans.  I project he will attempt to be bipartisan, but he will do what democrats do best and raise taxes.  I think one of the only scary things is the far left liberals will have a much easier time pushing their agendas.  Like cutting out talk radio and secret ballots for unions.  I dont fear obama himself, i think he is more of a stealth canidate.  I have no idea what most of his stances on issues are except that he is against Bush.  Thats how they ran their campaign.  Oh well.  So we are going to get a anti Bush president.  I wonder what that means.  Time will tell.
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Peace Alliance

Nader?

I'm canadian, make that an option. I LOVE telling people i'm not american. :D

The Obliterator

Id vote McCain even though i live in aussie.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

Obama took it by storm, and a good thing too. God only knows what another reublican would have done with the god awful mess Bush made of it.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Obama!

I think this is a great day in history.
I will not deleted this

kell

can somebody explain to me how the US voting system is fair? three million votes in the difference yet its 333 vs 156? Why should a mans vote in Pennsylvania be worth more then a vote in Nebraska? It strikes me as baffling
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

windhound

Quote from: Shadow on November 04, 2008, 10:17:54 PM
Obama took it by storm, and a good thing too. God only knows what another reublican would have done with the god awful mess Bush made of it.

<NO>
43,995,788 to 41,060,160
51% to 49%

That is not by storm.  He got the electoral votes he needed, but the nation is still horribly divided.  Again.
Electoral College is an antiquated system that needs to be reviewed imho.
But ah well.

My biggest problem with Obama was that he ran his campaign based on intangibles.  Hope and Change, which mean different things to different people.
There's many clips of people saying they dont have to worry about their mortgages and gas prices if Obama is elected
There's people saying they're not going to have to pay for university if Obama gets elected
He glossed everything he said with a vague sheen of Hope and Change.
And that /really/ annoys me.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Doesn't matter. It all pales next to the massive war deficit caused by the conservatives during the Bush administration. Nobody could screw up any worse, but McCain would have continued along a similar path and driven America further into the hole. I don't give a crap what Obama does, as long as he does something to end this ridiculous war.

I meant that he took the Electoral college votes by storm, the number of actual votes has been shown again and again to be relatively meaningless in the outcome of the election. I like Canada's sytem better - it can make for a weak government, but people are represented exactly as they vote.

Plus if you get McCain you get Palin, and there are things living in the sole of my shoe who could do a better job then Sarah Palin.

Besides all the election campaign though, it marks something important that America elected its first African American President. That is a leap that I really did not expect to see happen until very recently. I don't especially like Obama either, but of all the option that were there at the start, he was by far the least of however many evils.

The democracy we have now isn't true democracy, though. True democracy is decision-making by the people. What we have is people who are afraid to make their own decisions so they elect someone to dictate to them for however many years and anyone crazy enough to take the job willingly probably isn't the kind of personality you want making your decisions for you. S'Why I don't vote. Not until someone worthwhile comes along anyway. Until then, I'll give my vote to a party that can't possibly win - every vote gives them $1.75 for their next campaign.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

kell

This is the only US election i kinda payed attention to and I'm very surprised by it all only two political parties for a nation the size of the US is one thing but this electoral college system is so very odd
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

windhound

Quote from: Shadow on November 04, 2008, 10:48:09 PM
The democracy we have now isn't true democracy, though. True democracy is decision-making by the people. What we have is people who are afraid to make their own decisions so they elect someone to dictate to them for however many years.

That's being silly Shadow
True democracy only works in small groups.  Its not feasible to poll the entire populous on every issue that needs discussing.  Thus we elect people with similar viewpoints to do it for us.  Its workable.

And the number of votes does mean something, its not meaningless at all
It shows Obama did not sweep the US and that he's got a ways to go before he "unities the american people"

Bush's handling of the nation basically set us up for a Democrat win.  He just barely made his second term in 2004, and only did it because Kerry was a complete turd.
Obama's an excellent public speaker and managed to capture the hearts and minds of many people.  Hope and Change...  bleh.
His being black only helped him, as most democrats will go out of their way to show how progressive they are; the popularity of the Prius being a shining example.

Ereptor

Shadow you just speew'd off exactly what the obama campaign has said all along.  What else is new?  What does Obama stand for?  Besides "change and hope".  This is sad, but the speech that touched me most so far in this campaign was McCain's speech 30mins ago.  If you saw it I think you would agree.  It was fantastic and there were no telleprompters.  He was very gracious.  Ienjoyed the first 5 mins of Obama's speech.  But he began to change when he told about the stories of the 106 yr old women and he kept repeating "Yes we can."  I don't know why but it rubbed me the wrong way.  Further more his bit about him making decisions the "we may not like and disagree with" were also rubbing me the wrong way.  What the heck does that mean?  Hey im your new president.  Im going to do some things that you dont like but ill listen to you.  Ummm ok.   Well I was thinking he was more of an empty shell with no real substance.  But we may be in for a ride.  Especially with the house and senate majorities in the democratic favor.  In fact no president has had this much power in a long time.  It is actually kind of scary.  Hold on to your hats gents.

Edit :  Kyle your comments on Palin are pure ignorance.  If your gonna bash someone at least show me some legitimate facts.
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Holby

Quote from: Ereptor on November 04, 2008, 11:39:43 PM
If your gonna bash someone at least show me some legitimate facts.

FACTS:

(Just kidding)
I will not deleted this