Intentionally failing attacks

Started by taekwondokid42, October 13, 2008, 09:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

I KNOW some of you are intentionally failing attacks on another clan. This is akin to maxing in severity.

This needs to stop. I was going to make a post about it earlier, but decided against it because I thought you all were mature enough to recognize this as bad. I point the finger at:

Marlfor the Mighty
Redfang

With less evidence:

Black Eye

What do the admins think? Administrative punishment, or vigilante justice? (meaning I throw a bounty on them)

Shade

I had wanted to do this while I was still in buckler, but I had the sense to check with the admins first, sadly, it is indeed illegal this round.

CobyCopper

Here's a thought on how to stop intentional maxing... why not have troops or leaders desert based on ratios of OP to DP and defensive ratios? Don't include it when the target is clanned or the attacker is clanned. And what is the rule exactly for intentional maxing? If memory serves, there ARE valid reasons to max someone intentionally.

EDIT: What I mean is that they desert in addition to the NW-difference. And do it based on attack type. If you attack and fail with Rats, you have deserting Weasels, Stoats, and Skiffs. If you attack with Standard, you don't have any troops desert. If you use Sack, you lose a bit of money and food. If you use Capture, you lose leaders. &c--give reverse effects. And maybe even keep it possible to intentionally max, but make the reasoning clear...

Shadow

That just overcomplicates things. That's not /hard/ to code, but it's not soemthing anyon would want to code if there are simpler options. Right now the system works - people rarly do it, and when they do it is usually out of ignorance, and it never happens twice in a row. I think there are more important issues to fix first, and fixing capture and sack is at the top of that list.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

CobyCopper

A better thought--include leaders in the lost-troops-equation for high-NW targets when failing attacks. That would destroy any benefits except in the most extreme circumstances.

The Obliterator

unless you were an indy in which case it affects you in no way at all.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

MagicOPromotion

what are the rulings on missing prayers intentionally during ramadhan but making them up later, eg. I missed fajr because I was too tired but made it up during zuhr, would my fast be valid?

Blobfish

Worship the mighty Blobfish

Quote from: Blobfish on May 01, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.59

Rights are for the weak.

Marell

Quote from: MagicOPromotion on May 27, 2009, 04:05:26 AM
what are the rulings on missing prayers intentionally during ramadhan but making them up later, eg. I missed fajr because I was too tired but made it up during zuhr, would my fast be valid?

Lol lets let this bot stay..he's funny, posting random replies with maybe one word in the whole sentence linking it to the topic  :D

Firetooth

Quote from: Marell on May 27, 2009, 07:00:21 AM

Lol lets let this bot stay..he's funny, posting random replies with maybe one word in the whole sentence linking it to the topic  :D
I'm calling him Firetooth jr! ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Firetooth on May 28, 2009, 02:48:12 AM

But I wanted to be Firetooth jr.... :'(

Firetooth

Quote from: Mr.Grimm on May 28, 2009, 09:30:31 AM

There there, you can be Firetooth jr jr ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Firetooth on May 28, 2009, 10:55:53 AM
Quote from: Mr.Grimm on May 28, 2009, 09:30:31 AM

There there, you can be Firetooth jr jr ;)
My life has meaning again! :D