Ereptors Reign

Started by TheSpaceman, October 13, 2008, 08:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is ereptors reign

Good for the game, it makes it so much better.
6 (46.2%)
Bad for the gamed, no one can do anything.
2 (15.4%)
I abstain, i dont want to be killed.
1 (7.7%)
I honestly dont care, it doesn't affect me.
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 12

TheSpaceman

Just lettin everyone have a say!
Look up!

Shadow

If today's events are any indication, I'd say it's a good thing
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

CobyCopper

Funny. It's about to end.

Shadow

The thing is, the tools are all there for a takedown, but if everyone used that land flood strat, we could have him back up at 2 mil land in a day no problem. And 2 mil more land per run for as long as we wanted.

I tihnk perhaps we have found a little bit of code that will need to be tweaked for the balance of the game.

Well done though. Use it while it's there.

Gorak

I'm confused
does everyone actually think that friendly, quiet, fluffy, uneventful, solo netting is whats best for the game?
or is it just that the peeps complaining are only complaining because they are not themselves, on top?
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

TheSpaceman

Quote from: Gorak on October 13, 2008, 09:08:34 PM
I'm confused
does everyone actually think that friendly, quiet, fluffy, uneventful, solo netting is whats best for the game?
or is it just that the peeps complaining are only complaining because they are not themselves, on top?

No, i don't think solo netting is best for the game, but one person sitting so far on top isn't best either, when so much land is locked it has drastic consequences as well.

I do see your point and I'm in agreement with you but I think there must be room for everyone to play their own style, let the game grow at its own pace.  There must be a balance!!!  If you cant net you cant play, if there is no land you cant net, if ereptor keeps this up then he will grind this game to a halt.

Thats why I'm going to fight ereptors reign with everything I have, because it is bad for the game.

Oh, nd I am against the so called Land Flood strategy, id never employ it and never condone its use, If i cant work with what i have ill change what I have by changing the I not the have.  And thats from someone who wants Ereptor beaten.
Look up!

Marell

Deffinately good for the game.
Creates competition, plus forums have been more active during his reign.

Gorak

the land lock is great for the game, cause it forces others to band together to break it
gives peeps a solid goal to play for
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Holby

All of us involved in locking Ereptor keep musing on how much we'd love to be on the other side doing the takedown.

You guys have the fun bit.
I will not deleted this

TheSpaceman

Quote from: Gorak on October 14, 2008, 03:34:32 PM
the land lock is great for the game, cause it forces others to band together to break it
gives peeps a solid goal to play for

Interesting point, though what you think is a good thing is exactally the problem I have and why I am working on the takedown.  I realise reg needs to be competitive, and i have no problem with it, Reg is also a learners playground tho. Turbo is so much more competitive because of the time limit. 

Said it once and ill say it again, There needs to be a balance, everyone should be able to have a fair go. Having both competitiveness and a fair go for beginners should not be impossible.

Interesting idea tho, why don't we have 2 reg servers, I don't know how viable it is, could be absolutely impossible, but have a competitive reg and a learners server.

Look up!

Shadow

turbo is a learner's server. or that's how it used to be - people would screw around on turbo and play thie learned strats out on reg. Turbo doesn't matter. Reg is the proving ground.

Gen. Volkov

Quoteturbo is a learner's server. or that's how it used to be - people would screw around on turbo and play thie learned strats out on reg. Turbo doesn't matter. Reg is the proving ground.

Shadow is right, in the eyes of most RWLers, Turbo is much less important than success in Reg. A guy can win 3 round in a row on Turbo and still not get as much respect as someone who got emp in a convincing way on reg.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

TheSpaceman

In the eyes of most EXPERIENCED RWL's, i wonder what the noobs take on it is, You guys cant say what they do or don't think.

If i was a noob id want to start slow and actually get somewhere, thus reg, more time to think between runs, my stuff don't dissapear each month etc.
Look up!

windhound

I very much disagree.

On turbo your mistakes dont matter as much.  It reset every month and every day you have a full set of turns to play with
On slow-Reg, if you make a terrible run or do something silly like construct with low cash and it wipes you out...  oops.

The best way to learn RWL is to poke things and see what happens.
I would much rather learn on a disposable server where all my mistakes are gone at the end of the month
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Holby

Quote from: TheSpaceman on October 15, 2008, 12:05:19 AM
In the eyes of most EXPERIENCED RWL's, i wonder what the noobs take on it is, You guys cant say what they do or don't think.

If i was a noob id want to start slow and actually get somewhere, thus reg, more time to think between runs, my stuff don't dissapear each month etc.
And you can't say what they do or don't think, either. I cut my teeth on Turbo when it was introduced, after flailing around reg for a long time. It really is the learning ground, and I can't recommend it enough.

I will not deleted this