Notes for this round

Started by The Lady Shael, September 29, 2008, 02:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Here's the description of the round (copied from the default message on signup):

The theme for this round is War of the Shields. Everyone is divided up into four clans. The idea is to keep your defense and attack ratios high, to get an added attack and defense bonus. So basically:

-keep defense ratio high: when people attack you, try to keep your army big enough so that they do not break
   -keep attack ratio high: when you attack other people, try to keep your army big enough so that you break your opponent every time

Every ten minutes, the clan ranks are calculated. All ratios are added up, average ratios are taken, then the attack ratio is multiplied by the defense ratio.

The clan with the highest ratio will get a 10% military bonus. The clan with the second highest ratio will get a 5% military bonus.

Also, we will have voting for clan leaders just like from the Pearls of Lutra round. You can change your vote, but voting will end in exactly a week, on Oct 5th.

And, if you were curious, the clan names are all names of ancient types of shields. ^_~

--------------------------------

Also, the clan ranking will be shown on top of the clans page. Right now clans are just ordered by time of creation, and clan rank is not active because obviously no attacks have happened yet. When enough people are out of protection we will make it active.

And, sorry for the messy reset. >.< I was hoping it would be quick, but I tried to make it too quick and made stupid mistakes along the way, and had to clear the slate several times. So if your account mysteriously disappeared after you signed up, that's why. It should be all good now.

If you have any other questions, ask them in this topic.

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Obliterator

I cant sign up it says it is currently resetting. :'(
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

A little note about how ratings are calculated:

your attack and defense rating are multiplied together to give you your rating. Ex.

85% successful attack and 15% successful defense = (0.85)(0.15)(100) = 12.75 rating

this means that no matter how good your attack is, your rating is going to be pathetic if you don't keep the defense side of things up.

EX.

100% attack and 8% defense = (1)(.08)(100) = 8 rating.
50% attack and 20% defense = (.5)(.20)(100) = 10 rating.

Which is not to say that attack isn't important as well, but the focus has to be on defense to succeed this round.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Sounds intresting...I cant be bothered to play though
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

thomaskreisman

Shadow

In the words of Volkov: "Weren't you leaving?"

Really, if you aren't going to play there's no need to tell us about it. That just insults Shael who put so much effort into setting up this round.

windhound

Cheers Shadow

Thanks much Shael
'cant say I'm looking forward to putting effort into defense, but it should be interesting at any rate
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

kell

founder of eire

first emp on the new server

The Lady Shael

I just want to let everyone know I will be gone starting now till late Saturday and I am not bringing my laptop, so if there's anything wrong with the game, I won't be able to fix it till Sunday. So don't think I'm ignoring you or anything if you message me and I don't respond.

In case you're curious, I will be going to the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference in Keystone, Colorado. It's my first time going, and I'm pretty excited. Women in all types of computer science/engineering/technology are going to be there, students, professors, scientists and researchers. There is also a job fair and many big computer companies will be there, such as Google, Microsoft, Intel, IBM, you name it. All these companies compete with each to give away the best free stuff. Stuff like laptops, iPods, webcams, and a lot more. =)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Shadow

If anyone is wondering, first place clan get a 10% boost to atack and defense, second place gets 5%. Windy just got annoyed at me for knowing this, so I thought I'd make it common knowledge.

The Lady Shael

I mentioned that in the sign-up game message, it should already be common knowledge. -.-

Shadow

Hm, I was mostly posting that to make a point to windy that I don't in fact have any significant advantage this round. He seems to think I rigged it in my own favor with this bonus thing.

windhound

You mentioned -a- bonus Shael, not the amount

Shadow, brush up on your reading comprehension and go re-read my messages.  I did no such thing.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

QuoteThe clan with the highest ratio will get a 10% military bonus. The clan with the second highest ratio will get a 5% military bonus.

Yes she did, and I'm not going to argue the rest of it on forums.

windhound

~sigh~

QuoteMon, 29 Sep 2008 00:29:14 -0600
From Daughters of Delor (Admin) (#1) (?)

Welcome to Redwall:Warlords Turbo!

The theme for this round is War of the Shields. Everyone is divided up into four clans. The idea is to keep your defense and attack ratios high, to get an added attack and defense bonus.

If this is your first time playing, do not be afraid to ask one of the higher players for help, or ask for help on the forums. =) Everyone here is more than happy to help a new player (or an old player who is lost =p).

The round will be reset on the 28th of October. At that time, all the accounts will be deleted and everyone starts over. Ask an admin if you have any more questions.

Good luck!

-The Lady Shael

Code Admin

It was not in the original game-signup message.
It IS in the first post of this topic.

You brought the argument here.  Do you want me to post the full message log?  I dont care, I stand behind what I said.