Question

Started by thomaskreisman, September 14, 2008, 04:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomaskreisman

How can I get more food when feasting? Do I need a higher leader land ratio, or more foragers? How is the amount of food you get from feast decided?

Shadow

100% huts at 175 leaders per hut at 100% health will give you the max feast output. You get 30% more if your net is under 100 mil
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Shadow on September 14, 2008, 06:50:51 PM
100% huts at 175 leaders per hut at 100% health will give you the max feast output. You get 30% more if your net is under 100 mil
OK thanks, that is really helpful.

taekwondokid42

Actually, this is wrong.

Either the code has been changed, or it has been misinterpreted.

While 100% health is true, 175 ratio is not.

More leaders = more food.

More huts = more food.

Bigger ratio = more food? Although it may equal more food, demolishing and dropping is a bad idea. Whatever food gains you make by having a higher ratio is by far negated by having less huts. I do not even know if a bigger ratio will give you more food.

Shadow

bigger ratio on same huts = same food at less loyalty cost than same amount of huts with less than 175 ratio. You get more return on your invenstment at 175 ratio. dropping land to 175 ratio wont change your food output as long as your leaders are the same, but it will significantly lower the cost in loyalty it takes to make that food

wolf bite

(Stands back and pats Shadow on the back for helping in plan English)

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

taekwondokid42

Quote from: Shadow on September 15, 2008, 10:41:23 PM
bigger ratio on same huts = same food at less loyalty cost than same amount of huts with less than 175 ratio. You get more return on your invenstment at 175 ratio. dropping land to 175 ratio wont change your food output as long as your leaders are the same, but it will significantly lower the cost in loyalty it takes to make that food

I do not believe you. Run some tests that will give you hard proof.

I'm almost certain that with less huts you will get less food, even if leader count is the same.

Shadow

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on October 05, 2008, 02:05:39 PM
Quote from: Shadow on September 15, 2008, 10:41:23 PM

I do not believe you. Run some tests that will give you hard proof.

I'm almost certain that with less huts you will get less food, even if leader count is the same.

it's not an issue of believing, and there is no need for hard proof - go look at the loyalty cost and output equations for the feast and loot mission and you'll answer your own question.

taekwondokid42

Alright, I'll get the proof. Just sit tight a moment.

taekwondokid42

Leaders: 136,254
Food: 145,816
Ratio: 128

Leaders: 136,254
Food: 141,545
Ratio: 157

That is definitive. The only thing I did was demo 200 huts.

Surprising enough, after I dropped the 200 land, my food changed to: 141,844. There was no random, as it turned up again when I feasted a second time. Whatever code you are using to gage how much food you are making, it is out-dated or just plain wrong.

Shadow

Odd. The equations I was using may well be outdated, but I don't see any reason they would have been changed. I think there is something you are missing. When you did that second feast, did you have 200 unused land or did you drop the land completely before feasting?

Also, I believe (though I can't be sure without seeing the equations again) that huts/land ratio works into it. From the large change in ratio you have there, it is obvious that you are not 100% huts. Try your experiment again at 100% huts, and when you demo, drop the land you demo before you do your second feast.

Also, Shael, if you get a moment, could you send me the leader output equations if you have them?

taekwondokid42

I am not currently in a position where I can try 100% huts. But from experience I can tell you that results will be similar.

The second time I still had 200 unused land, and the third food amount I had dropped that land.

Shadow

if you do it at 100% huts, youll find I'm right. I'll do it when I run a leader strat next.