The time has come

Started by Checkerpaw, September 13, 2008, 07:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Checkerpaw

I am no longer That's What She Said.  I fulfilled my goals and now I will be starting over with a clean slate. 

You can all thank me at the end of the round.

Edit: To review ....

1. Participated in the utter humiliation of Shadow
2. Was responsible for the utter humiliation of Thomas
3. Singlehandedly revived the turbo forums
4. Singlehandedly revived what was a very boring, uneventful round
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Wolf Snare

If that's that, I see no reason to carry this any further. I'm not going to brag, and I don't have anything against you, so long as you keep your word and stop harming innocents.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Wolf Snare on September 13, 2008, 07:16:41 PM
If that's that, I see no reason to carry this any further. I'm not going to brag, and I don't have anything against you, so long as you keep your word and stop harming innocents.

Well, let's not go overboard.  I didn't say that would happen.  ;)

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Wolf Snare

LOL. You can hardly claim that you were aiming to accomplish all of these things because I rode you until you deleted.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Wolf Snare on September 13, 2008, 07:49:14 PM
LOL. You can hardly claim that you were aiming to accomplish all of these things because I rode you until you deleted.

I was actually only aiming to accomplish numbers three and four.  One and two were bonuses.

Shade

>.< Making things interesting is supposed to be Shade's job, He merely couldn't join at the start of this round. Shade has sadly neglected his duties.

Fear not though, Shade has been working on plans for next round even now, if all goes well, it'll more than make up for my lack of activity now.

Shadow

Lol we have a wannabe Shade here now.

QuoteEdit: To review ....

1. Killed Shadow after getting thoroughly owned
3. Achieved a level of dislike from everyone so far only managed by Shade
4. Got owned so hard he deleted with two weeks left in the round

Fixed it for ya
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Hells Militia

Quote from: Shadow on September 14, 2008, 11:08:22 AM

Fixed it for ya

lol

Checkerpaw

Fixed it for ya

Shadow, always the poor sport.  I guess I'd be upset too, though, if I had been humiliated in front of everyone like Shadow was this round.

And if by "owned so hard" you mean "was still in the top ten with more than 100M in net," than yes, I was owned really hard.  In the meantime, Shadow was killed, Thomas was at $30M net and Foxy Lady -- well, I don't even know where she went.

Shadow

How was I humiliated? I was killed, sure, but anyone with turns can make a kill on a clanned warlord without a city. You, on the other hand, were taken down twice in your strongest point, and eventually deleted your account to start over because you weren't able to fight back. I am not mad about anything, nor am I being a poor sport, I am just putting thing in persective for you. It is you who is humiliating yourself.

If you really think you can beat me, I'll quite happily give you a fight. Just say the word.

Shade

Fixed it for ya

Hey! I take offense at this, I may have slacked off, but last I checked, I was still way more disliked than this joker could ever hope to be!

Shadow

You're actually starting to grow on me. Your schemes are so convoluted and ridiculous, and they always fail right when it really matters, usually to something completely unrelated to the game. It's like karma is actually after you. Disliking you in the face of that would be like kicking a kitten.

Not that I like you at all, it's more of a 'like to dislike' idea than anything.

Scarwake

Disliked?  Awe, that is such a harsh word.  I actually find you quite pleasant and a breath of fresh air with your reinvigorating methodologies and what not.

I've only seen checkerpaw be disliked due to his posts on the forum rather than his actions within the game so I think he has a lot more ground to cover before he were to par with you, Shade.

As for the whole bickering fest between Shadow and yourself I sometimes wonder if its not all a scheme that was plotted out by the two of you however many rounds ago.  But even if it were I personally do not mind because its created some activity and from what I can see all your past schemes and your most recent ones have done just the same.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Shadow on September 14, 2008, 11:59:11 AM
How was I humiliated? I was killed, sure, but anyone with turns can make a kill on a clanned warlord without a city. You, on the other hand, were taken down twice in your strongest point, and eventually deleted your account to start over because you weren't able to fight back. I am not mad about anything, nor am I being a poor sport, I am just putting thing in persective for you. It is you who is humiliating yourself.

If you really think you can beat me, I'll quite happily give you a fight. Just say the word.

Would you like a hug?  I think you need one.

I deleted my account because I was tired of fighting back, not because I wasn't able to.  I could've kept on murdering people if I had wanted, but I decided I had already accomplished all of my goals.  See above.

I know you might be upset because you're not always able to meet your goals like I am, but maybe if you're nice to me one day I can show you how to do it.

Shade

Quote from: Scarwake on September 14, 2008, 12:16:50 PM
As for the whole bickering fest between Shadow and yourself I sometimes wonder if its not all a scheme that was plotted out by the two of you however many rounds ago.  But even if it were I personally do not mind because its created some activity and from what I can see all your past schemes and your most recent ones have done just the same.

Actually Shade has attempted to encourage rumors such as that, as well as the rumor that Shadow is actually Shade's long lost switched-at-birth Canadian twin.  :)

And there's only so many times Karma can crash Shade's computer, eventually I'm going to slip one of these ridiculously convoluted schemes under karma's nose and make it work

Or at least, y'know, get better virus protection.