Toodles, Shadow!

Started by Checkerpaw, September 10, 2008, 11:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

I think it would be kinda fun to have a dueling range, with all the trash talk and hot air in this thread...
Two (or more) preset players with given amounts of food, cash, land, and turns...  Maybe setup so that both players are on at the same time and the last one standing wins, though that would give the person with the faster computer/internet an advantage
I've got a spare server, given Shael wouldn't mind me bumming a copy of the code, I could set something up if there's interest.
Just a thought.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

o_O that sounds like a lot of fun. I remember Peace talking about an idea he had for a dueling server that was more of a turn based derivitive of RWL that would happen in real time between online players. I liked that too ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Shadow on September 12, 2008, 04:14:04 PM
No Checker. Kills just take turns, no skill.  The fact that you clan hopped to do it just makes it lower. The extent of your leadering skills is murdering indiers who don't have any, and I can tell you two glaring errors in your current strategy just by looking at the info on the scores page.

All you have achieved this round is makie the entire community dislike you. You remind me of what Shade would be like if he had no clue what he was doing. Your blackmail scheme is just a copy of his, only it lacks any planning beyond the scheme itself, and is therefore pointless and self-defeating. IF you want to mouth off on forums, I suggest you do some actions to back up what you say.

You're so cute when you get upset, Shadow.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shadow

And you, my friend, need to learn to admit a mistake when the hole you've dug for yourself is too deep for you to get out on your own.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Shadow on September 12, 2008, 04:48:24 PM
And you, my friend, need to learn to admit a mistake when the hole you've dug for yourself is too deep for you to get out on your own.

You seem to think I care.

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shade

All you have achieved this round is makie the entire community dislike you. You remind me of what Shade would be like if he had no clue what he was doing. Your blackmail scheme is just a copy of his, only it lacks any planning beyond the scheme itself, and is therefore pointless and self-defeating.

Aww, my schemes are acknowledged as being above the average brutality. I'm flattered.

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Checkerpaw on September 12, 2008, 05:06:07 PM
Quote from: Shadow on September 12, 2008, 04:48:24 PM

You seem to think I care.
If you don't get out soon you will die of starvation.

Shadow

Quote from: Shade on September 12, 2008, 07:06:50 PM
All you have achieved this round is makie the entire community dislike you. You remind me of what Shade would be like if he had no clue what he was doing. Your blackmail scheme is just a copy of his, only it lacks any planning beyond the scheme itself, and is therefore pointless and self-defeating.

Aww, my schemes are acknowledged as being above the average brutality. I'm flattered.

Your schemes are usually quite clever, they are just the lowest of the low and (thankfully) usually fail at the critical moment. Checker's schemes are similar at face value, but are done without an understanding of who he is up against, so it's mostly a waste of time.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Shadow on September 13, 2008, 05:30:07 PM
Quote from: Shade on September 12, 2008, 07:06:50 PM

Your schemes are usually quite clever, they are just the lowest of the low and (thankfully) usually fail at the critical moment. Checker's schemes are similar at face value, but are done without an understanding of who he is up against, so it's mostly a waste of time.

Again, you seem to think I care.

QuoteIf you don't get out soon you will die of starvation.

And if you don't get out soon you will die of Baghdad boils.

Wolf Snare

Incidently,I just poisoned half of chex food and cash again, so excuse his bad mood. I'msurprised you haven't quite caught on to how to attempt to stop me  ;)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Wolf Snare on September 13, 2008, 07:09:21 PM
Incidently,I just poisoned half of chex food and cash again, so excuse his bad mood. I'msurprised you haven't quite caught on to how to attempt to stop me  ;)

The above post was made before you poisoned me, actually.  And how could I be in a bad mood after reading Tom's post?  It was a thing of beauty.

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Checkerpaw on September 13, 2008, 07:10:37 PM

The above post was made before you poisoned me, actually.  And how could I be in a bad mood after reading Tom's post?  It was a thing of beauty.
It's a shame your net isn't.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: thomaskreisman on September 15, 2008, 06:56:31 PM

Says the person who was knocked down so bad he decided to revolt, putting his net at $30 million.  And it turns out revolting was pointless, too.

Shadow

...says the person who got knocked down so hard he deleted and restarted under a new name so people wouldnt stomp him anymore

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Checkerpaw on September 16, 2008, 11:00:33 AM
Quote from: thomaskreisman on September 15, 2008, 06:56:31 PM

Says the person who was knocked down so bad he decided to revolt, putting his net at $30 million.  And it turns out revolting was pointless, too.
I haven't even ran yet, also I was in the hospital when that happened so I wasn't able to get on, and my revolt wasn't pointless because I just made my first run and I'm in the top 10, I like to revolt 1-2 times per round, try out new strats that I invent and such.