Toodles, Shadow!

Started by Checkerpaw, September 10, 2008, 11:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shade

I killed several a day for near on a full round during the old Garlor war, fun, that was.

Which is also part of the inspiration for this kill, given that the clan I led during that war was named Watchtower, and Shadow was arrogant enough to adopt that name for his own this round.

That and he was weak...old habits die hard.

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Shadow on September 11, 2008, 08:11:40 PM
hardly. If I wanted to I could kill one person a day for the entire round, but it just doesn't prove anything and is a waste of turns.
It may not be impressive to you but to a martin in his 2ed round with $50 billion dollars that just got attacked and can't recognize it as just a land grab, that could be pretty impressive, that's what I would thrive on, now I am the opposite, in stead of tricking noobs out of cash; I help them. :D

Checkerpaw

Quote from: thomaskreisman on September 11, 2008, 08:13:58 PM
Quote from: Shadow on September 11, 2008, 08:11:40 PM
hardly. If I wanted to I could kill one person a day for the entire round, but it just doesn't prove anything and is a waste of turns.
It may not be impressive to you but to a martin in his 2ed round with $50 billion dollars that just got attacked and can't recognize it as just a land grab, that could be pretty impressive, that's what I would thrive on, now I am the opposite, in stead of tricking noobs out of cash; I help them. :D

That's when you're not busy backstabbing and double crossing everyone else in the back.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shade

Quote from: Checkerpaw on September 11, 2008, 08:27:06 PM
That's when you're not busy backstabbing and double crossing everyone else in the back.

Truth be told, if they allow themselves to be outsmarted by Tom of all people, they deserve whatever misfortune he inflicts on them.

Shadow

I like backstabbers. They usually get themselves out of the way early so you don't have to deal with them when it's important, and they show you who you can actually trust.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Checkerpaw

QuoteTruth be told, if they allow themselves to be outsmarted by Tom of all people, they deserve whatever misfortune he inflicts on them.

Fair enough, although I don't think I'd describe what he does as "outsmarting" people.  There was a hilarious topic recently involving Thomas and some others and big plans and all that, and it was clear the only person Tommy boy was outsmarting was himself.

Quote from: Shadow on September 11, 2008, 08:45:48 PM
I like backstabbers. They usually get themselves out of the way early so you don't have to deal with them when it's important, and they show you who you can actually trust.

Me, for example.

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Hells Militia

Usualy backstabing involves breaking a trust. Only thing you have done is randomly start attakcing people and then expect to gain respect for doing it. It  seems like you needed attention and this was your way of getting it.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Hells Militia on September 11, 2008, 09:11:52 PM
Usualy backstabing involves breaking a trust. Only thing you have done is randomly start attakcing people and then expect to gain respect for doing it.

Exactly -- I'm not a backstabber.  I'm glad we can agree.  And what makes you think these attacks were random?  They were not random at all. They were, for example, directed only at people higher in rank than me.

Quote from: Hells Militia on September 11, 2008, 09:11:52 PM
It  seems like you needed attention and this was your way of getting it.

I am in no need of attention. I am, however, in need of entertainment and comic relief.  But thank you for your attempt at analysis anyway, Dr. Militia.

Firetooth

Quote from: Wolf Snare on September 11, 2008, 06:46:36 AM
checker, really... You aren't even that good of a player. You only killed shadow because I captured him to low land, but now you are clan hopping and litterally abusing bugs.

[What The Ferret]?? you used my clan??? no, this is not happening again. shade, checker, stop with the BS, I wont stand for it. Shadows a friend of mine, and there is no reason to be pulling this.

Checker should either be forced into a clan for 3 days, or disabled. shade, why make me look like a complete idiot?
Wolf Snare, you are a mod, don't tell others to "stop swearing" when you do yourself. BS counts check with scarwake.
Now...back on topic...
-Tom, checker (probarbly) doesnt know who feng is
-Checker is a loser
-Checker's finest form of revenge is killing
-Shade and Checker only killed shadow because they're jealous...ah well, have fun getting owned

Gee, saw this late, I wish I was still playing I was leadering too :'(
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Meh, I rejoined. I don't have time to play very much, but I'll spend my time suiciding Checker and Shade, so anyone who feels like doing takedowns on them should have an easy time of it,

thomaskreisman

Do you know who Feng is Check?

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Firetooth on September 12, 2008, 10:35:18 AM

-Shade and Checker only killed shadow because they're jealous...ah well, have fun getting owned

Considering Shadow is the one who was killed, I'd say he's the one getting owned.

QuoteDo you know who Feng is Check?

It doesn't matter who Feng is.  What matters is that you're a second-rate player who talks a big game but can't back it up.

Firetooth

killing isnt owning...it takes no skill to kill...
haha, don't make me laugh. If you're so good, wheres all these marvelous finishes? I was one of 3 who beat off shade's whilst aiding others half or net all round and we still won. Duel me, give up, or shutup. Im probarbly considered an "oddity" to you, but, who cares? You seem to me like a sore loser with a big mouth who lost it and didn't know how to retaliate other then to pull "the noob move"-kill your opponent, which won't make you any more popular.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shade

Quote from: Firetooth on September 12, 2008, 03:46:38 PM
killing isnt owning...it takes no skill to kill...
haha, don't make me laugh. If you're so good, wheres all these marvelous finishes? I was one of 3 who beat off shade's whilst aiding others half or net all round and we still won.

Ehh, when was this? I can't recall you 'beating me off'

Shadow

No Checker. Kills just take turns, no skill.  The fact that you clan hopped to do it just makes it lower. The extent of your leadering skills is murdering indiers who don't have any, and I can tell you two glaring errors in your current strategy just by looking at the info on the scores page.

All you have achieved this round is makie the entire community dislike you. You remind me of what Shade would be like if he had no clue what he was doing. Your blackmail scheme is just a copy of his, only it lacks any planning beyond the scheme itself, and is therefore pointless and self-defeating. IF you want to mouth off on forums, I suggest you do some actions to back up what you say.