honesty

Started by Firetooth, September 10, 2008, 03:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn II

Quote from: thomaskreisman on September 11, 2008, 07:11:49 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on September 11, 2008, 07:10:24 PM
I'm afraid I don't... mind refreshing my memory?

Look around....... at roman to.

Roman? is this a person or the location? Mind just telling me what your talking about?
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Ungatt Trunn II

Ohhh, you mean romanempires? when? I don't remember this...
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Ungatt Trunn II

Well, I looked around, still don't know what your talking about... "raceis and sixis" What are those?
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Gorak

here's the reality of anarchy

Someone, likely a military general, will gain enough followers and weapons to seize control
and your anarchy becomes a fascist dictatorship
period

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Ungatt Trunn II

Not necessarily fascist, but everyone would get a new start.

Plus, with so much chaos that comes with an anarchic society, it would be near impossible to gain control of the masses, and once people calm down, they will come together and make a universal government. That's what T.G.A.G.T.C.I. is about. 
DIE HIPPIE DIE

windhound

Er.  Actually, its out of the chaos that dictators are born.
Hitler came to power just after Germany lost WWII and had heavy heavy sanctions put on them. 
He came along and was able to inspire the masses

Anarchy cannot last, because people at their core are not always good.  Mostly, they're self-serving.
Think about after Katrina.  New Orleans was basically cutoff from the rest of the world and lacked a proper police force.  The result was massive looting and people running around with guns. 
Order is necessary.  Otherwise someone could break into your house, steal everything, and there be no recourse.  Same with murder. 
Anarchy the absence of law, and as such no recourse for wrongdoers. 

Think about what NYC would be like if there was no enforcing police department.  It wouldnt be pretty.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ungatt Trunn II

Quote from: windhound on September 11, 2008, 07:57:24 PM
Er.  Actually, its out of the chaos that dictators are born.
Hitler came to power just after Germany lost WWII and had heavy heavy sanctions put on them. 
He came along and was able to inspire the masses

Anarchy cannot last, because people at their core are not always good.  Mostly, they're self-serving.
Think about after Katrina.  New Orleans was basically cutoff from the rest of the world and lacked a proper police force.  The result was massive looting and people running around with guns. 
Order is necessary.  Otherwise someone could break into your house, steal everything, and there be no recourse.  Same with murder. 
Anarchy the absence of law, and as such no recourse for wrongdoers. 

Think about what NYC would be like if there was no enforcing police department.  It wouldnt be pretty.

But if their was a universal government, dictators wouldn't be that bad. They wouldn't need to be, with all the resources they need and no one to stand up and challenge them, we would be as free as we wish, and because of this, no rebellions would rise, and peace would reside.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on September 11, 2008, 07:21:21 PM
Well, I looked around, still don't know what your talking about... "raceis and sixis" What are those?
How long did you look?

Ungatt Trunn II

My god... just give me the links and tell me what your talking about.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on September 11, 2008, 08:07:29 PM
My god... just give me the links and tell me what your talking about.
hehehe, there are no links, I just wasted a substantial amount of your time without having to go through the trouble of spamming hehehehe.

Ungatt Trunn II

Ok, whatever... you didn't really do anything but lower my respect for you.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

windhound

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on September 11, 2008, 07:59:59 PM
But if their was a universal government, dictators wouldn't be that bad. They wouldn't need to be, with all the resources they need and no one to stand up and challenge them, we would be as free as we wish, and because of this, no rebellions would rise, and peace would reside.

Its the same problem that communism has.  People are not inherently good.  They like looking after themselves
If there's nothing there to make them think twice, many wont.

And if you're not maintaining a military, whats to stop someone gathering an army and knocking on your door?  Even if, by some miracle, you achieve peace in your country, there are those that want what you have and will take it by force.

It just doesnt work.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on September 11, 2008, 08:09:42 PM
I don't care how much respect you have for me, I'm still your boss at roman, oh and also when we are working together I will not do anything like that, I respect the people who work under me, but here at RWL your anybodies game.

Ungatt Trunn II

Quote from: windhound on September 11, 2008, 08:10:35 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on September 11, 2008, 07:59:59 PM

Its the same problem that communism has.  People are not inherently good.  They like looking after themselves
If there's nothing there to make them think twice, many wont.

And if you're not maintaining a military, whats to stop someone gathering an army and knocking on your door?  Even if, by some miracle, you achieve peace in your country, there are those that want what you have and will take it by force.

It just doesnt work.

You couldn't be sure it would never work because it has never universally happened in the modern world. Just look at our world now, not much better.  

Look at it this way, all governments collapse, and humans as a species go crazy. After a period of turmoil, the begin to quiet down. A group of people come together and discuss what to do. They stockpile resources and use it to take control of the world. With but that one government,  there would be no wars, no corruption, no needless mass death. Laws would only benefit the masses. Just look at our society now, 3rd world countries, worthless wars, discrimination, a unified government is the only way to stop it. And the only way for a true unified government to come to power is to wipe out the other governments.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Ungatt Trunn II

Quote from: thomaskreisman on September 11, 2008, 08:17:55 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on September 11, 2008, 08:09:42 PM
I don't care how much respect you have for me, I'm still your boss at roman, oh and also when we are working together I will not do anything like that, I respect the people who work under me, but here at RWL your anybodies game.

Actually, THOMAS, No hierarchy has been established between me and you at roman, not as far as I've heard, anyway.
DIE HIPPIE DIE