All Hail

Started by Gorak, September 06, 2008, 02:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorak

to try and take control right after the reset would be fool hardy
everyone watching, ready to pounce on any empire building serious net
who ever goes for an early, established lead on the score board will be in for a serious pounding,
so trying to emp right after the reset would not be the best plan

but it sounds like something I would do :wink:
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Gen. Volkov

LOL, that's when I got emp Gorak. I took control after a reset and held the top for like 20 days in a row. Then I stepped down, cause I was getting bored. Of course it wasn't to quite the same extent that we have Ereptor to right now. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

David

But Ereptor also is clan-hopping majorly. He was in one then he got booted by Shadow. Last I knew, that's cheating.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

Shadow

It's debated. I don't like clan hopping, but it's the only way to emp a game.

I guess my big problem with clan hopping is doing it to avoid retal for kills. Then again, you're right, I have been participating in clan hopping with the emp for a while now, so I suppose that's just a matter of opinion.

However, there has never been a clanned emp. Ever. It doesn't work. So every emp in the history of RWL got there either solo (not possible now, or at least incredibly difficult) or by clan hopping. So don't belittle the achievements of your emp just because of that fact - he is by far the most dominant emp here at RWL that I have ever seen, and he did it the same way it has always been done. Therefore this emp is the best, regardless of means ^_^.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

TheSpaceman

I think suprisingly i agree with shadow, sorta, i dont like clan happing, but ill do it if i have to, like in the current reg situation, well at least the way it was b4 the reset was announced.
Look up!

Firetooth

Shadow, you've always complained about clan-hopping, how it should be banned etc.   so it's just my opinion you should stick to that policiy, not use it to your advantage and mysteriously stop complaining about it.
I guess Im not one to complain as I used it to avoid being killed by kell, but oh well :(
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Quote from: Firetooth on November 14, 2008, 09:58:37 AM
Shadow, you've always complained about clan-hopping, how it should be banned etc.   so it's just my opinion you should stick to that policiy, not use it to your advantage and mysteriously stop complaining about it.
I guess Im not one to complain as I used it to avoid being killed by kell, but oh well :(

Oh don't worry, I still dislike it as much as I always have, but there really is no other way to emp. If there were, we'd be doing it.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Good :D
If there's a will there's a way... or should be
Well, thats just me forcing my opinion! :P
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gorak

or you just trying to expand your post count

Firetooth

Quote from: Gorak on November 14, 2008, 07:06:41 PM
or you just trying to expand your post count

both serve the same purpose
If someone could emp solo or without hopping, that would be pwnzaez!

nivek the badger warlord

i only serve my allies and clan not some stupid emporor
silence I kill you!!!!

Briar

Quote from: nivek the badger warlord on December 19, 2008, 02:32:45 PM

Good Man!! ;)
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gorak

Gen. Volkov

Quotei only serve my allies and clan not some stupid emporor

We didn't actually "serve" Ereptor. We created him. It was all voluntary. We split up into different clans, but we all considered ourselves part of TBV.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Quote from: Briar on December 19, 2008, 05:53:17 PM
Quote from: nivek the badger warlord on December 19, 2008, 02:32:45 PM

Good Man!! ;)
Agreed!
Quote from: Gorak on December 19, 2008, 10:02:38 PM
so naive

Also agreed!
Quote from: Gen. Volkov on December 20, 2008, 12:26:14 AM
Quotei only serve my allies and clan not some stupid emporor

We didn't actually "serve" Ereptor. We created him. It was all voluntary. We split up into different clans, but we all considered ourselves part of TBV.
Debatable!