All Hail

Started by Gorak, September 06, 2008, 02:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorak

It was a joyous day in the empire
celebrations broke into the streets
the rebellion had been crushed, a mere hint of resistance remained, the civil war was won
now the empire could enjoy the prosperity that comes with a reprieve from fighting
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

The Obliterator

Good luck.
Well i threatened and i will carry out my threat.
If you cant kill the emp kill his support.
Gurilla Tactics are in.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Holby

OOC

W-e-a-k.

Killing takes no skill. It's actually embarrassing for you that you have to resort to it.

If you attempt kills, we will kill you and your teammates. For every one of us you try to kill, we will kill two. We are more organised than you. You have been warned.

I will not deleted this

Gorak

and all that remains of the resistance is terrorist attacks

The Obliterator

Well no-one else has been able to answer this yet so have a go.
What else can an indy do.
I asked shadow and he seem so adamant that killing is weak but wont tell me something else that an indy can do to get revenge.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Holby

You're missing the point, it's not about revenge.

You can't fight a war to get even, you have to fight a war to win it. As soon as it becomes personal, as soon as it's not productive to you or intensely damaging to your opponent, you're wasting your turns and your time.

You can't beat Ereptor playing solo, you have to work with others. Start playing smart and you'll see the results.
I will not deleted this

Shadow

No it's ok, let them kill me. Meanwhile, Ereptor can continue to gain net at a rate of roughly 500 million per run, and pretty soon he will be so far gone that it won't matter what they do. The day I die I can be aided back up to where I am now within one turn of breaking protection, and once oblit is finished off we can safely say that the resistence no longer exists. Or I could just start murdering him again (ie, demonstrate how much more humiliating is it to be beaten while still alive), and we get back to status quo.

Alternatively, he could use some common sense.

Oblit, here's what you do for revenge: Break Ereptor. Don't know how? Read a few topics in the strategy section for step by step takedown intructions for a variety of different situations. And the best piece of advice I can give you is this: raise your defenses.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Hehehe, in many ways this is like star wars. Ereptor is the emperor(duh) and shadow is darth vader...and the rebels are pathetic...and I dont think there is a luke.
It's a trap!
Cant the people not on emp team work together? I know Im not one to talk, but you seem to be running around like headless chickens, barely putting up any fight. If you worked together you would already have took him down.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Quote from: Firetooth on October 23, 2008, 02:11:57 PM
shadow is darth vader
giggle
Cant the people not on emp team work together? I know Im not one to talk, but you seem to be running around like headless chickens, barely putting up any fight. If you worked together you would already have took him down.
why not rejoin and have some fun? You're a decent indier, and im sure they could use you.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gorak

oblit wants an alternative to kills...
diplomacy and organization, and of course, strategy

we've held emperor for 7 weeks now, simply because there was no organized resistance what-so-ever
and frankly, it's getting alittle boring

oblit has done far more solo, then everyone else combined,
but that's the problem, he did it solo
and so it was meaningless
you need to organize

if oblit starts killing, suddenly we're no longer the bad guys, and the gloves come off

I'm used to every clan war being a killing war and am very good at it, and so, if I'm released to do so, I'll turn Reg into a blood bath

taekwondokid42

Luke created his own clan, in an effort to become smarter.  :P (I wonder when he finds out that shadow is his dad?)

windhound

The organizer farted out on us
I dont have the time nor the energy to take the helm myself
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

taekwondokid42

*feels responsibility fall on sholders*

:-[

Taking down an emp is not something I ever look forward to, but the window of opportunity is closing fast.

Holby

I would love to do it. Unfortunately, I am on the wrong side. Oh woe is me.
I will not deleted this

Firetooth

well war is war...ive realized the tactics you use dont matter anymore. 800k 7bil net. If we scout in land, it'll just be took. If the people who take land are kept dead, the players can re-scout land. The best enemy is a dead enemy. It doeswnt appeal to me, but if I rejoined, I'd do that. As long as it's legal it should be done.
Quote from: The Obliterator on October 23, 2008, 12:43:27 AM
Well no-one else has been able to answer this yet so have a go.
What else can an indy do.
I asked shadow and he seem so adamant that killing is weak but wont tell me something else that an indy can do to get revenge.
Killing is weak. But any rebels dont have much choice. Think how much net you'll need to even suicide...you need to scout land for that, and the emperors guards will keep stealing any land you scout
Quote from: Shadow on October 23, 2008, 02:55:57 PM
shadow is darth vader
giggle
why not rejoin and have some fun? You're a decent indier, and im sure they could use you.
I might consider it :P
The problem is, where do I start? No one seems willing except maybe peace. No open rebelion. People seem to be excepting being slaves. Maybe Ereptor actually has the right idea.
If I can get oblit and some others to join me Id probarbly rejoin
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.