Cities

Started by Marell, August 22, 2008, 03:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marell

A few days ago I realised the rather obvious fact that this round cities cannot be taken, and saw that it would be possible to grab all the land and build a heap of cities, leaving all that land in your permanent control...but i thought to myself "that would be really annoying for everyone else and they would hate me" lol. Seems someone else had the same idea, but the annoyance of others did not phase them... Maybe I lack Snares killer instinct which has given him a good advantage right now   ;)

Wolf Snare (#21)
Networth $220,146,109
Land 70,794 Acres
Citys My City #1
My City #2
My City #3
My City #4
My City #5
My City #6
My City #7
My City #8
My City #9
My City #10
My City #11
My City #12
My City #13
My City #14
My City #15
My City #16
My City #17
My City #18
My City #19
My City #20
My City #21
My City #22
My City #23
My City #24
My City #25
My City #26
My City #27
My City #28
My City #29
My City #30
My City #31
My City #32
My City #33
My City #34
My City #35
My City #36
My City #37
My City #38
My City #39
My City #40
My City #41
My City #42
My City #43
My City #44
My City #45
My City #46
My City #47
My City #48
My City #49
My City #50
My City #51
My City #52
My City #53
My City #54
My City #55
My City #56
My City #56
My City #58
My City #59
My City #60
My City #61
Race Rat
Location Southsward
Clan {(o)}
Rank 4
Attack? Yes
Defenses 272 (2%)
Attacks 449 (95%)
Kills 0
Land Gained in Attacks 328,829
Land Lost in Attacks 264,171
Created On August 16, 2008

Good on you anyway for seizing the opportunity Snare. Very annoying for the rest of us indeirs, but a good move on your behalf.
I suppose it would be unfair now if a way to take cities was to be programmed in now the round is under way, but it may be necessary to stop everyone from doing the same thing, leaving no available land and consequently killing the round  :P

Firetooth

I agree, shade was gonna as well, he was probarbly the one who gave shade the idea :P
Make it so you can't have more then 5cites each or something...not killing the round and making it so you cant take cities
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Obliterator

but having all citoes is a legit tactic
what if he just wants to farm this is the best way to do it.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Marell

Yeah Oblit sure, Snare just wants to farm  :-X
While it is legit, its kinda taking advantage of an unforseen error in game settings. You would have to agree with that statement, yes?

Shade

As a matter of fact, it was my idea, but since I need to spend the round killing newbie's I had to give it to someone else

Marell

Great minds think alike  :D

But in all seriousness, 85k land is being taken up by cities right now....which is no good for the indiers in what was intended to be an indy round.

Shade

More now, Snare has just built his 70th, and it keeps going and going...Good grief I rock  :D

And indeed, great minds do think alike, just think what we could accomplish together if you'd only agree to my offers and ditch Shadow, this 'loyalty' thing of your is holdin' ya back :)

Wolf Snare

Correction: This was intended to be an indy, farmer, and cashing round. Fortunately for me, I was the first to strike, and because of that, I am rolling in lots of dirty dirty money. I don't think it's fair to just demo' my strategy because of complaints... Honestly, if cities weren't meant to be used like this, they would not be in the round. I personally think it's unfair to destroy my strategy once the round has already gotten this far. I spent lots on these cities, trust me.  ;)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sharptooh

Group 1 won through their opponents.
Group 2 won through their opponents.
Group 3 won through their opponents.
Group 4 won through their opponents.
Your Army breaks through Wolf Snare's defenses and captures 180 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
140,456 Skiffs
In their defense, Wolf Snare lost:
232,466 Skiffs
You also grabbed 1,713,832 Cash!
You also grabbed 8,771 Food!

so much for a lot of cash...

seriously something should be done about this, it's an unfair advantage, he can just keep farming while the rest of us kill each other over what little land is left...

Wolf Snare

I wouldnt have pinned you for one of the firetooth noobs, to be honest. But I guess it makes sense.

Anyways, I don't care if it stunts your strat, it's intended to. This is a war game, suck it up.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shade

Got a problem with it? Should have thought of it yourself first, or better yet, come up with a clever little counter, anything is more productive than whining to admins about every little thing, do you expect them to smite the clever and good players because their skills place them out of balance with newbies?

The Lady Shael

If lack of land really becomes a problem (prevents the round from functioning), we can create a new land farm and feed it however much land we choose. In that case, just get to the land before Snare does. =p

It's too late to discuss whether it's a legitimate tactic or not, we're in the last week already.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Sharptooh

Quote from: Wolf Snare on August 22, 2008, 12:18:07 PM
I wouldnt have pinned you for one of the firetooth noobs, to be honest. But I guess it makes sense.

You learn something new everyday, and for noobs we're doing pretty decent, the mighty snare sits below me and another firetooth, how come you're building tons of cities when us noobs here can run more effectively? Having all those cities just isn't effective, I mean look at all of that so called 'dirty money' and food you had on you.

Quote from: Wolf Snare on August 22, 2008, 12:18:07 PM
Anyways, I don't care if it stunts your strat, it's intended to. This is a war game, suck it up.

Fair enough, but somethings are just an unfair advantage, locking land, that can't be taken in any way is sort of the same as intentional maxing, well in my opinion.

Wolf Snare

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but if you didn't have a few players in a good position, I would be laughing directly at you. It isn't hard to gather up 6 people and pile troops on one person; its easy. Infact, with the amount of help you have, I really should be laughing at you. Other teams of 2 people are competing easily, so what's your excuse? need some tips?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sharptooh

Quote from: Wolf Snare on August 22, 2008, 12:26:26 PM
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but if you didn't have a few players in a good position, I would be laughing directly at you. It isn't hard to gather up 6 people and pile troops on one person; its easy. Infact, with the amount of help you have, I really should be laughing at you. Other teams of 2 people are competing easily, so what's your excuse? need some tips?

The fact is we have 4 people in our plan, and one of them is on holiday, we only have two people in our plan regularly indying at the moment.

Quote from: The Lady Shael on August 22, 2008, 12:20:12 PM
If lack of land really becomes a problem (prevents the round from functioning), we can create a new land farm and feed it however much land we choose. In that case, just get to the land before Snare does. =p

It's too late to discuss whether it's a legitimate tactic or not, we're in the last week already.

Fair enough, I can't complain.

Quote from: Shade on August 22, 2008, 12:19:30 PM
Got a problem with it? Should have thought of it yourself first, or better yet, come up with a clever little counter, anything is more productive than whining to admins about every little thing, do you expect them to smite the clever and good players because their skills place them out of balance with newbies?

Does this land lockup effect you shade? I can't really see a way to counter it apart from attempting to lock land myselfy, or scraping what little I can and dealing with it, which is what I'm going to have to do, I'm not going to be 'whining' to the admins anymore, I didn't even start this discussion.