A Warning

Started by Shadow, August 20, 2008, 11:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

I might consider clanning if there was a way to kill you, but with a city it's not possible and will only interfere with my own goals. There is absolutely no gain to me joining a clan, so I will not. I am more than capable of aiding anyone you smash far beyond whatever you destroy as soon as they rejoin, and that offer is open to anyone who is hurt by Shade. If you insist on killing newbies when I have made clear that it will not affect me that's entirely your choice, although a petty one. It disappoints me that Alazar would involve himself in this; I thought he was better than that.

TJ, I assume it was you who re-opened the topic - I don't think you were around for the last forum feud. It's a waste of space. I made this topic to warn anyone who Shade might hurt in my name, not to re-open the feud. You do not want that again, nobody does. I request that this be locked, it has served its purpose.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shade

That wasn't Alazar, actually, he hasnt been around

Scarwake

Quote from: Shadow on August 21, 2008, 07:11:41 AM
Let me make it clear that I neither intend to join a clan nor to fight you, regardless of what you do. I finished that ages ago. Any kills you do are done with the full knowledge that they will achieve nothing.

Anyone who wants to talk about this can contct me on msn at munchkin4@hotmail.com. The forums have had enough clutter from this feud. I will relock tihs topic in 12 hours after giving anyone who cares (and i doubt there are any) a chance to post...

First, do not over-ride the staff's decision on unlocking/locking a topic.  We saw that the lock on the topic was un-necessary and therefore we unlocked the topic.

Quote from: Shadow on August 21, 2008, 05:07:11 PM
I might consider clanning if there was a way to kill you, but with a city it's not possible and will only interfere with my own goals. There is absolutely no gain to me joining a clan, so I will not. I am more than capable of aiding anyone you smash far beyond whatever you destroy as soon as they rejoin, and that offer is open to anyone who is hurt by Shade. If you insist on killing newbies when I have made clear that it will not affect me that's entirely your choice, although a petty one. It disappoints me that Alazar would involve himself in this; I thought he was better than that.

TJ, I assume it was you who re-opened the topic - I don't think you were around for the last forum feud. It's a waste of space. I made this topic to warn anyone who Shade might hurt in my name, not to re-open the feud. You do not want that again, nobody does. I request that this be locked, it has served its purpose.

I've been here for all of your feuds, whether I give any acknowledgment other than doing my duties as a Moderator is a different story.  While such feuds are not wanted.  I still do not see the point in locking the topic when it has come to no further escalation than general discussion.

~Scarwake
~Mod Duties
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Shadow

Quote from: Scarwake on August 21, 2008, 05:27:09 PM
Quote from: Shadow on August 21, 2008, 07:11:41 AM
Let me make it clear that I neither intend to join a clan nor to fight you, regardless of what you do. I finished that ages ago. Any kills you do are done with the full knowledge that they will achieve nothing.

Anyone who wants to talk about this can contct me on msn at munchkin4@hotmail.com. The forums have had enough clutter from this feud. I will relock tihs topic in 12 hours after giving anyone who cares (and i doubt there are any) a chance to post...

First, do not over-ride the staff's decision on unlocking/locking a topic.  We saw that the lock on the topic was un-necessary and therefore we unlocked the topic.

Quote from: Shadow on August 21, 2008, 05:07:11 PM

I've been here for all of your feuds, whether I give any acknowledgment other than doing my duties as a Moderator is a different story.  While such feuds are not wanted.  I still do not see the point in locking the topic when it has come to no further escalation than general discussion.

~Scarwake
~Mod Duties

Nothing good will come of leaving this discussion open. There's a reason the argument moved off the forums last time. It was meant to be a warning, nothing else. If you feel the need to leave it open so be it, but don't complain later when you're sick of it.

if I can't actually lock the topic, I urge people to talk about it ingame of via msn if you have to comment on it. Let's not drag this out any more than we need to. The warning has been given, any more on the subject is just adding to the problem.

The Obliterator

Quote from: Firetooth on August 21, 2008, 02:46:34 PM
Pleh us Firetooths are owning you
You even asked to join my turbo clan checker  :P
Face it we've got this in the bag Im gonna make sure we get first and second, we can still win this even if the guy in first dies of inactivity  :)
So with 5 people you can only manage 100 mil net above the next people which is me and firetooth.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

Quote from: The Obliterator on August 21, 2008, 05:47:39 PM
Quote from: Firetooth on August 21, 2008, 02:46:34 PM
Pleh us Firetooths are owning you
You even asked to join my turbo clan checker  :P
Face it we've got this in the bag Im gonna make sure we get first and second, we can still win this even if the guy in first dies of inactivity  :)
So with 5 people you can only manage 100 mil net above the next people which is me and firetooth.

Take it somewhere else.

The Obliterator

Ok but one thing you said the city was the only obstical.
Well have you ever heard of demolish....
If shade agreed to it he would knock down his city and you two could fight it out.

The Lady Shael

Shadow, I unlocked the topic and removed the permission for members to lock topics (after staff approval). While it's true that this discussion may open the feud again, it's unfair to prevent anyone else from posting in this topic when hardly anything has been said. Even if this topic was locked, I don't doubt that someone else will just create another topic and the feud will continue again anyway.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Bah, fine. Feel free to lock it when you get tired of hearing "And yet another pointless kill today"

I assume Oblit is the other newbie killer. You must realize two things before you continue:

1) Killing noobs won't make anyone listen to your demands, it just shows impotence and a lack of skill
2) Killing noobs will ruin your already pretty poor reputation here

I ask that you stop. No I will not clan to make you stop, but what I will do is lock your land. From you anyway, I assume some of the bigger clans and monostackers will be able to break me. When you are done grubbing around the bottom ranks killing people who have done nothing to you, I invite you to try and take me down. Best of luck.

The Obliterator

You assume wrong.
But i may become one very soon...
Also what is the point of having a reputation if you wont be feared.
About us having no skill that is crazy we'll need a ton of skill to not only kill one noob a day till you clan but to take top position at the end of the round.
And btw about your challenge i cant see you above wolf snare....so why should i bother

Shadow

Quote from: The Obliterator on August 21, 2008, 06:12:45 PM
You assume wrong.
But i may become one very soon...
Also what is the point of having a reputation if you wont be feared.
About us having no skill that is crazy we'll need a ton of skill to not only kill one noob a day till you clan but to take top position at the end of the round.
And btw about your challenge i cant see you above wolf snare....so why should i bother

You might change your tune when you're land starved. And you admit to being one of the killers in the third line of that post, you need to think about what you say before you say it. You'll need a ton of skill to do that, true, but you don't have it. Shade is a lousy indier, and you're not much better from what I've seen this round.

the point of a reputation is respect. You don't have the skill to make any of the oldbies fear you, so that one is out. You can gain respect by choosing not to kill defenseless people for no reason. It's a coward's answer to not being able to fight me otherwise. I won't clan, and you and Shade together can't beat me at indy. If you want to get top place out of this round I suggest you start now, because you sure as hell won;t be able to later when I have all the land.

windhound

Well...  If it wasnt in this topic, Shade would make another (he did, it was merged in)
The whole point is to get attention...  Shade has proved fairly decent at achieving that goal

If you want a topic to die...  stop posting in it.  Its just more fuel for the fire.  If you must defend yourself, then do so but dont go on about how it needs to be locked while you're still posting

Its already on page 2, so contrary to your first statement there seems to be plenty of interest
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Fair enough, you're right. No more posts. Oblit, I will be using the pm system to send messages to Tri-Wizard Champion, you can respond there.

Shade

Oblit is not Tri-Wizard either, keep trying. I have more support than you realize. Oblit was simply saying that yesterday I asked him if he would help me kill someone today, he also suggested my first target. However, not wanting to wait for him (we have dramatically different time zones) I got Tri to help me instead. Funny thing is, half of these allies of mine don't even like me, we are bonded only because we all share a deep dislike of you  :)

Wolf Snare

First of all, this arguement is uncalled for, and is begining to remind me of last time. However, I will say one thing Shadow; Oblit is just as good of indy as you or me. There is only so much one can know about the strategy, and I am confident that he knows it all. I would appreciate if you did not insult his ability when realistically you cannot adequately judge his skill. As you stated, you do not even know who he is this round, so don't talk down to him. You would be very surprised if you spent a round working with him, he could probably teach you or me a few tricks.
Of course, he is a team player, so estimating what he accomplishes solo is hard to do when you are not at the clan run. Either way, please just stop cutting him up because you had a hunch that he's with Shade.

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)