Shadow's maxxing service

Started by Shadow, August 18, 2008, 08:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

If you are unclanned on turbo, post here and I will max you whenever you have a half decent amount of land for free

actually im going to max you anyway if you are unclanned and have any amount of land, so this is basically just a headsup so that everyone who thinks intentional maxxing is a legit tactic can get a taste for how annoying it really is.

Anyone who agrees with me and wants to help max people is welcome to do so.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

I am in, but which one(or all) of me? :D
Yes if you think intentional maxing is legit-well...you won't enjoy this round! :P
Oh max every firetooth every chance you get plz :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

taekwondokid42

Wow, this seems to be a pretty serious topic.

I did say that I would not do it again, so you can count me out.

thomaskreisman

Shade

Shadow...have you even tried to resolve this in a less annoying manner? Like, I dunno, talking to an admin? Anyone who spends a few seconds thinking on it can see how annoying this tactic is and that it should be banned, and I'm sure the admins would agree if spoken to about it, if they didn't, then it would be the time to show them why it should be banned. Right now, all your doing is making turbo more difficult for people who, like me, have never indy'd before and are having trouble getting land even under normal circumstances.

meestir amayzing

wat are you talking about shade?!?!? every single person there leaves a hole... all you gotta do is find it  :P

Shade

Yes well, without espionage to tell me what the hole is I'm in something of an unfamiliar territory, those times that I have tried to find the hole I either end up maxing the person after the firsty expirimental strike, or find that the person has no hole at all.

Shadow

I've asked the admins to clarify twice and never got a reply. I think that it will be far more annoying in the long run if this was let slide.

Wolf Snare

I agree. If they won't listen, it must be brought to their attention somehow.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Im not trying to intentionally max ereptor I want a smaller army! >:(
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Shade on August 19, 2008, 07:29:15 PM
Shadow...have you even tried to resolve this in a less annoying manner? Like, I dunno, talking to an admin? Anyone who spends a few seconds thinking on it can see how annoying this tactic is and that it should be banned, and I'm sure the admins would agree if spoken to about it, if they didn't, then it would be the time to show them why it should be banned. Right now, all your doing is making turbo more difficult for people who, like me, have never indy'd before and are having trouble getting land even under normal circumstances.

As a fellow first-time indy-er, I couldn't agree more.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Firetooth

People did try to wolf bite but he's adamant it's a legit rule so we're only using a legit rule...well according to wolf bite anyway.

Shadow

People are misunderstanding. This was a banning offence until recently. For some reason it isn't now - maybe wolf bite changed his mind, I'm not sure. The point I am making is to admins who already have made a decision that it should be allowed, as far as I can tell, and I am convincing them otherwise by dragging land flow to a halt, or as close to it as i can while people are clanned.

I honestly don't care if anyone finds this annoying, someone has to do it.

Shade

I'm not saying I disagree with the idea, I once made plans to do the same thing after I felt that the rule wasn't enforced well enough when the tactic was used against me (until it was revealed to me that my opponent had taken advantage of a loophole). However, at this time I have seen no official post by any admin on the subject at all, let alone one of them posting that it was a legit tactic, if one of the admins were to post that they think it's fine then I would be behind you, I would even be helping you, right now it simply appears as though your being a pain without first trying less frusterating methods.

Shadow

Read through that: http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=9673.15

Second page in particular

I remember it being against the rules for at least the length of time I have been back playing here. To find out that it isn't comes as a shock. Now I have asked the admins to clarify twice recently, with no reply. I assume they haven't had time to see it yet. But in the meantime, I am going to piss off the entire game so that if it comes to a vote of players, they will all vote to make it against the rules as it should be. If it turns out that the admins declare it against the rules or better yet, code it out completely, I will stop. Until then, I don't care even slightly if I am being annoying, and I fail to see the point of you telling me that I am when I have already made that abundantly clear.