Avitar

Started by taekwondokid42, August 16, 2008, 05:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

should I get an avatar?

idunno

Does this belong in general discussion?

taekwondokid42

Where else would it go? I don't think it needs to be in the spa arena.

So should I get one?

taekwondokid42

oh darn. I guess it does belong in the spa arena  ::)

So should I get an Avitar?

thomaskreisman

Yes I think avatars are great and almost required.

taekwondokid42

I usually don't like avitars, because they can create bias about you. If you don't have an avitar, all they have to go on from you is your words.

On the flip side, if you have an avitar, you are easier to remember.

Example: the first avitar I saw that you had, was of a ferret. From then on I associated you with a little kid. (like, age 9 or 10).

:P

The Lady Shael

I haven't changed my avatar since the first couple months I joined RWL. I think I actually created it for the RWL forums. And I don't ever intend on changing it. =p
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

taekwondokid42

That's the other thing. It always annoys me when someone changes their avitar. Because then I have to re-associate a person with their new picture.

Sharptooh

Just put a picture of something that interests you and try not to change it too much, I've only changed it once to a pic of a plane (I'm really into aviation) although I could probably have got a better pic lol, I don't particulrly like the one I have.
  But I do agree with you, if you get an avi, then keep it, it does get a bit confusing unless they're all on the same theme, and even then it throws you off.
  Anyway, I don't think I've answered the real question, um, yes I think it's a good idea to get an avitar as long as it's a good picture that portrays you.

taekwondokid42

But what picture would portray me  ???

How can you fit a person into one picture!?!

Maybe I'll make a spore avitar of one of my creatures and post that.

thomaskreisman

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on August 18, 2008, 10:19:42 AM
I usually don't like avitars, because they can create bias about you. If you don't have an avitar, all they have to go on from you is your words.

On the flip side, if you have an avitar, you are easier to remember.

Example: the first avitar I saw that you had, was of a ferret. From then on I associated you with a little kid. (like, age 9 or 10).

:P

That was my pet Ferret Ruffles, and BTW I'm 14.

Haydee

I was too lazy to make my own avatar. XD

taekwondokid42

How did you get that avitar?

Haydee

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on August 18, 2008, 08:54:58 PM
How did you get that avitar?
I just rotated my sister's avatar, colored it green, and added a border. ^_^

taekwondokid42

Oh. I was wondering if there was some site where you could build butterflies or something.

In hindsight, that actually seems somewhat ridiculous.