Acquiescence

Started by taekwondokid42, August 14, 2008, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

You guys are too consistent now for me to continue locking land. Good job taking me down.

Well, that, and I was losing too much sleep over this to keep going  ::)

Anyway, here is the adventure from my perspective. Some of you may be quite surprised.

Late one night, taek was sitting in his tent, sipping his foreign wine.

"Sir, we have the stats! I think you will like them."

Raising his eyebrows, he notices that there is a large amount of land in the surrounding area. Perhaps enough to control entirely? And there was now billions of food on the market, ripe for the taking. Enough to support a large army of rats. Adrenaline pumping, he follows through, wondering the outcome of the run. Once finished, he notices a great weakness in leaders. Too late now.

Taek tries to sleep, with little success.

Day 2: Looking up, he sees that he still has all of his land. AND enough turns to run again. And so he does, this time securing his spot with leaders. And so the adventure truly started. Trading, back and forth and back and forth. Always staying with the most land, but not always with the most NW.

Day 5: Taek pours over his papers. 200 turns. 110k land, down from 140. Not good. Sitting down, he knows that it's over.

Late Day 5: 60k land. Game over. Wanting to stay friendly, he gives up his leaders and frees up the land he had been stubbornly holding.

Friends:

Gorgon: Not much of a friend really. Responsible for the first few major breaks. Says he will be an ally, but inside info reveals otherwise...

Kell: Actually Shadow. Sent lots of food (the billions that you guys keep seeing). Very helpful.

NiZ: Destructive, but helpful in his own way. He generally hurt others more than he hurt me. Actually, he was probably the whole reason this thing could start.

Ponies: Were helpful at first. They maxed me by murdering me. That actually protected me  :P     On day 5, there were enough murders that protection was no longer the right word. They, in the end, were what stopped me.

Apollo: Annoying. Why? Never had enough leaders when I captured him. And, he had more NW than me almost 1/4 of the time!!

Pony Express: hey may i have some of that land when your done with your run? [day 2, third run of land lock]

Gorgon: no mate i just needed to grab some land to get my account in the clear, then id help you landlock haha. Im all set so long as there are at least 3 ppl with 20k loand or over, ill start sending troops next run [after taking half my land, also after promising not to take land]

Phony Pony: think of it as a compliment that im murdering you ^_^ its only because you will prolly suceed to lock otherwise [these were the murders that protected me]

Gorgon: by paying NiZ to do that to me, i will now suicide you until the end of the round...my bro told you to stop and you didnt, you had fair warning. Good Day. [I never paid NiZ anything]

Gorgon: if you want peace and want a clean win send me 30m rats, 700mil food and 5bil cash cause thats what was taken from me, only then will i leave you alone [this made me lol. I didn't realize that he sent it because he thought I had paid NiZ, I thought it was because I was holding land]

Apollo: It can talk! [I had been sending messages all the time]

Phony Pony: nice notice too bad it lies (I have no weasels.) hehe   [day 4, notice up since before land lock  ::)]

Anonymous: [xxx] will take out your 2mil leaders via suicide and than murder your troops, [xxx] will be massing rats all this time and then he will thake all your money and food via sack so you cant re-build your army then they will both move in for the kill. [sack!?! How about poison. that is all you needed to do from day 2 to finish me off. Guess you all still have a lot to learn]

Phony Pony: that take on taek was a mistake taek XD geddit? [ ::)]

thomaskreisman

What about me, I helped you considerably and I still want that large pay you promiced me! >:(

meestir amayzing

xD i was telling everyone about the massing of your resources but they kept saying that it wasnt enough to do anything with... :P :P :P :P :P

thomaskreisman

Checkerpaw

Quote from: thomaskreisman on August 14, 2008, 10:35:10 PM
I want my pay  :P

Go sit in the corner and be quiet, please.  You don't want Taek getting ticked at you!
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Marell

Well done taek on a great effort. Its no easy task locking land for over a week in turbo.

I was Apollo by the way for anyone who didn't know.

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Marell on August 15, 2008, 08:51:01 AM
Well done taek on a great effort. Its no easy task locking land for over a week in turbo.

You did great to marrel.

taekwondokid42

Who were you and what am I paying you for?

(anybody else who thinks I owe them something tell me what and why. I'll pay you if I think you deserve it)

thomaskreisman

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on August 15, 2008, 09:40:12 AM

(anybody else who thinks I owe them something tell me what and why. I'll pay you if I think you deserve it)
I am Engineer47 and I maxed you perpousfully every day just like you said, and I was the one that told you about the takedown in the first place, if it wasn't for me you would never of had that land locked up.

kell

Quote from: thomaskreisman on August 15, 2008, 09:42:13 AM

I am Engineer47 and I maxed you perpousfully every day just like you said, and I was the one that told you about the takedown in the first place, if it wasn't for me you would never of had that land locked up.

you intended to and did max him everyday at his bidding? that's a ban
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Wolf Snare

Several cases of intentional maxing happening lately....

Anyhow, nice effort and all Taek, but had I been around, or if anyone was really active, I doubt you would make it past a few hours. Locking with a rat is impossible at this stage in the code.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Checkerpaw

Quote from: thomaskreisman on August 15, 2008, 09:42:13 AM

WOW.

Nice job, Thomas!  In your effort to get paid, you just admitted on the forums to performing an illegal practice, and implicated Taek in the process.  If he was going to pay you before, I doubt he's going to do it now.

Of course, maybe you brought this up on purpose because you're disgruntled and want to get back at Taek.  Either way ...
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Wolf Snare

I want specific proof before labelling Taek as a cheater... He has been here far longer than Tom and to me his word means alot more. However, the admins need to check this.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Quote from: Marell on August 15, 2008, 08:51:01 AM

hehehe, as usual Im the one doing all the hard work who gets no credit :(
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

taekwondokid42

Actually, I did do such a thing :(

But before you ban me, let me tell you I've never heard of such a rule (must be from before I joined the forum). Regardless, another player warned me that this was a violation. So before telling people to max me, I checked in with Wolf Bite. This is a direct quote from him:

"Before people would lose land to someone if they only attacked with a small army, and that was against the rules. That should have been changed so no land will be lost to the attackee anymore. It is highly frowned on to max someone to keep others from attacking them. Almost a killable offense. But I don't believe it is against the rules at this time."

So in my mind, no harm was done. I see that you disagree, ergo I will refrain from such actions in the future.