The Military System

Started by taekwondokid42, August 08, 2008, 08:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

I keep hearing talk about fixing the military system. While I agree that there are some problems, I was wondering exactly what we are changing, and what the new system will look like.

The Lady Shael

It will look exactly as it does now (the condensed version), but behind the scenes it will be extremely different. Your army will no longer be split up into four groups. Land loss will be adjusted after we get rid of the groups so that it's more consistent (ie, so you don't get 7000 acres on one attack and 50 acres on the next).
And output will of course just say if you were successful or repelled, instead of "Group 1 won through opponents. Group 2 etc etc".

There might be other fixes but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

thomaskreisman

Quote from: The Lady Shael on August 08, 2008, 10:18:55 AM
It will look exactly as it does now (the condensed version), but behind the scenes it will be extremely different. Your army will no longer be split up into four groups. Land loss will be adjusted after we get rid of the groups so that it's more consistent (ie, so you don't get 7000 acres on one attack and 50 acres on the next).
And output will of course just say if you were successful or repelled, instead of "Group 1 won through opponents. Group 2 etc etc".

There might be other fixes but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.
That would be great!

But I have one question, would it be potable to do 1 rat attacks?

Scarwake

I believe 1 rat attacks are currently not allowed...

~Scarwake
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Scarwake on August 11, 2008, 09:35:58 AM
I believe 1 rat attacks are currently not allowed...

~Scarwake
oh then i have been braking that rule allot.

idunno

thomaskreisman

Quote from: idunno on August 11, 2008, 09:49:40 AM
You can't break that rule.
Yes you can and I did, it worked fine for me, actualy I used 1 skiff attack because I hate Rats and done't have any.

Shadow

You just admitted to an offense that gets you autoatically disabled for the rest of the round, no questions asked.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Shadow on August 11, 2008, 03:39:23 PM
You just admitted to an offense that gets you autoatically disabled for the rest of the round, no questions asked.
Really? I didn't know that, oh well I still did it; I am honest they can ban me.

taekwondokid42

Quote from: wolf biteBefore people would lose land to someone if they only attacked with a small army, and that was against the rules. That should have been changed so no land will be lost to the attackee anymore. It is highly frowned on to max someone to keep others from attacking them. Almost a killable offense. But I don't believe it is against the rules at this time.

That was a recent PM. So he does not need to be disabled. Perhaps killed though...   :P

edit: and when he says you can't attack with 1 rat, I think he means that the site will say "must attack with something!"

idunno

My point was you can't physically attack with just one rat, you will get the message "must send something."

Shadow

only if one rat is all you have - if you have more than one rat you can send them one at a time, but it will get you banned.

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Shadow on August 11, 2008, 04:31:29 PM
only if one rat is all you have - if you have more than one rat you can send them one at a time, but it will get you banned.
That's what I did with skiffs so, disable me Shael; c ya all next round.

I only did it in Turbo.

Shadow

If you ddin't know I'm sure she'll let it slide

taekwondokid42

Did you not read what Wolf Bite said?

He said that intentional maxing w/o taking land is not a ban. It's up to the players to deliver the justice.