Battle of the kings tourney 2008

Started by Mawerick, August 07, 2008, 05:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

I am I am trying to lose I lost intrest so I tested in CB I did ok I suppose (I spent early cos I was getting bored lol :D)...but eh Idk if I can be bothered to play botk
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Obliterator

Heh and they said an indier couldn't do good at this game.
Im in 7th postition with almost all the land and a huge army and only leaderers above me.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Gorak

I've held first there for 3 weeks straight once as an indy, most of that time with more then double the net of second
I ended up finishing 6th, with less then a 3rd the net of 1st
the moral, only the last few days of the set mean anything there
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Mawerick

Well, I am not agree with you about that one, Gorak.

The last few days counts a lot. No doubt about that. But, how good you do depends a lot on your strategy.
- You have farmers that uses the first weeks to farm, and then sell and resell the last weeks.
- Indies can do it very well on short time. But their upkeep will prevent them for getting very good net.
- Magers stores. Longer time = More cash. But they are vulnerable to bezzles.
Most strategies require playing from the beginning.

Even though the magers are nerfed in BOTK, I think a mager will win the tourney at the end. An elf, drow or a mager gnome. Something else would suprise me.

Gorak

you miss understand me
I don't mean that running turns doesn't matter
only the ranks and networths do not mean much till the last few days
if you get 1st easy in first week, it means nothing
what matters is your rank at the end of the set
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

The Obliterator

one thing i reckon you should put a sack in the game cause at the moment magers are untouchable by indiers if you had sack put in i think you would find the results would be much different. Then indyers could sack off storers and get a ton of cash hurting the magers and helping the indyers to gain a better rank.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Mawerick