Shadow's Big Suggestion List

Started by Shadow, July 30, 2008, 06:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fang

:D you could always make a new race like that one book that had a wolverine in it

i think it was rakkety tam  ???
28th jokes :D= ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!...atleast every 28th :P
every 28th im beatin mugged and have to start all over O.o

Shadow

Again, let's keep it simple. I am suggesting a lot of changes that will mean a lot of work for the admins, especially Shael, if they take off. No need to make it more cinfusing than it has to be. Everything we need for a balanced game is in the code already, it's just a matter of working with what we have.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

CobyCopper

My primary idea supporting this is include other advantages, beyond just increasing the potency of Lizard, Wildcat, and Painted One. I think Painted One should receive a 10% bonus in most areas to compensate for the lack of a good unique spell and production ability, or should receive another "any-strat" advantage such as additional unique spells. Ensure that it's not overpowered, but can still run some of those other strats for added flexibility (such as an academy-esque spell and a lottery spell or pressgang-esque spell, in addition to the frenzy). I think the other races are balanced as they are--rats can produce a LOT of NW in a run and use the cash to buy just food. Stoats can produce extra leaders. Wolves can make extra food. Martens can make a lot of cash. And so on. I don't know what to do to augment perhaps Lizards (I've not played much with traditional indy strats or indy races--we'll leave that to next round).

Shadow

Quote from: CobyCopper on July 31, 2008, 07:21:17 PM
My primary idea supporting this is include other advantages, beyond just increasing the potency of Lizard, Wildcat, and Painted One. I think Painted One should receive a 10% bonus in most areas to compensate for the lack of a good unique spell and production ability, or should receive another "any-strat" advantage such as additional unique spells. Ensure that it's not overpowered, but can still run some of those other strats for added flexibility (such as an academy-esque spell and a lottery spell or pressgang-esque spell, in addition to the frenzy). I think the other races are balanced as they are--rats can produce a LOT of NW in a run and use the cash to buy just food. Stoats can produce extra leaders. Wolves can make extra food. Martens can make a lot of cash. And so on. I don't know what to do to augment perhaps Lizards (I've not played much with traditional indy strats or indy races--we'll leave that to next round).

i was thinking we could turn lizard into a foragers based farming race that still has potential as an indier somehow. Add another strat that works. Agra-indy is a great strat if food sell prices are set up right. The race specific spell could be one that reduces the amount of food consumed by troops for 6 hours or something to that effect.

CobyCopper

Quote from: Shadow on July 31, 2008, 07:40:26 PM
Quote from: CobyCopper on July 31, 2008, 07:21:17 PM

i was thinking we could turn lizard into a foragers based farming race that still has potential as an indier somehow. Add another strat that works. Agra-indy is a great strat if food sell prices are set up right. The race specific spell could be one that reduces the amount of food consumed by troops for 6 hours or something to that effect.

That would be interesting. If you use that as a farmer race it would make another real strat viable.

Ereptor

Adding more developed defense system needs to be implemented for this game to become more challenging.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

The Lady Shael

I am willing to do anything to make this game balanced. I love seeing you guys debate about how to make this a better and balanced game. I wish I could input but the most I can do is point wolf or Peace to these topics. I'm tired of seeing people market storing and netting so easily, I want to see more challenge in the game. Don't worry about holding your suggestions back for my sake.

I know the military system needs to be rewritten. Hopefully we can start working on that in depth when Peace gets back. I think a lot of these changes should be made when Peace gets back.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Holby

I think there is no feasible reason to have attacking groups anymore.

Given the skill level where it is, no single person could ever be unbreakable, so having the groups is pointless. It COMPLETELY eliminates any possibility for defense, which takes all the fun out of the game. I don't think getting a few k off the top guy actually works, given that it opens the door for him to be slammed. Even without groups, holding land is still exceptionally difficult, and an Ereptor occurrence (2nd Era) could never happen again.

I like that different Races actually do different things, there's no point to them otherwise. Rat actually gave a lot of power back to the indyers, and we needed that. So just strengthen the others and give them use rather than nuking them all.

Aid within clans should be up to 10 times higher. Is that the current setting? It used to be that. I don't think there have been enough strengths in having a clan in the past, and sending unlimited aid and and sharing troops actually working makes for a far more interesting game.

The only VITAL thing we need to change is getting rid of the groups. No compromise, they need to be zapped, never to return. Then the other stuff can happen.
I will not deleted this

The Obliterator

I would suggest nuking only 1 or 2 of the groups
Reason being the chances of having a good defence are doubled but it it is not just as simple as only getting 1 troop type unbreakable and then haveing super defence.
Also i think we still need the NW difference in the troops and how much of what they consume.
Cause as an indyer i can choose what troops type to use and that effects almost everything in my strat for that run.
I also like how i can choose a troop type that will not take as much cash when i am running low on cash and other things like that.
I dont think this idea has been thought about before so we should think about it instead of just going to the extrems straight away.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

Quote from: The Obliterator on August 01, 2008, 01:51:08 AM
I would suggest nuking only 1 or 2 of the groups
Reason being the chances of having a good defence are doubled but it it is not just as simple as only getting 1 troop type unbreakable and then haveing super defence.
Also i think we still need the NW difference in the troops and how much of what they consume.
Cause as an indyer i can choose what troops type to use and that effects almost everything in my strat for that run.
I also like how i can choose a troop type that will not take as much cash when i am running low on cash and other things like that.
I dont think this idea has been thought about before so we should think about it instead of just going to the extrems straight away.

i dont think you understand what we are talking about here. Taking away groups still means you need all 4 troop types to have good defense.

I am not saying get rid of three of the troop types, I am saying get rid of the option to split an attack into 4 separate groups of the same troop type.

Shadow

Double post, can't believe I forgot to add a blurb about clan hopping....

Issue 7 has been added to the first post.

taekwondokid42

1) Food net solutions:

I like the idea of basing how much you get from sacking based off of someones ratio. Instead of 40-200, why not 100-200? We don't want to weaken sack any more than it already is. Reducing sacking down to 40 would give indiers a greater advantage.

Also, I know there is a way to minimize sacking by 80%. Perhaps we can keep this here, but increase the penalty?

2) Open atk op:

Only opening 1 attack would be quite a pain. Perhaps 2 per if defenses raised and 3 per if they aren't. As a side, we could increase the loyalty costs of opening opportunity some.

3) Defense:

The group attack thing has to go before general defense can be a strategy again. I know it is condensed right now, but even having the option takes away any possibility of having a good defense. I know it would be a very hard change to make in the code, but it should be something that is looked at if there is ever time to do it.

4) Market:

There is a simple solution here. Nerf market NW. Then all players who take refuge in the market would have no reason to. Keep everything else the same, and see how it plays out. 20% loss is enough, I believe. If the market still has problems, we can reassess (spelling?).

5) Race Changes:

Wildcat: double worker income (not only does this increase troops, but it has other advantages/disadvantages)

Lizard: double special strength, increase forager and market output by double or triple

Wolf: (never done wolf, but I have guesses) double spell strengh  ???, increase loyalty output by 20%.

Marten: change loyalty to +20%

6) Aid limits:

10 for everybody. Solo's won't be greatly effected, clanned will have to suck up the loss. 1 gained per hour (not sure what the rate is now)

7) Clan hopping:

You have to be accepted into a clan by the leader (you join with pass, leader gets mail with accept button). Once accepted, you are locked in for 72 hours on reg and 48 on turbo.