Bro Rule Violation – Disabling

Started by wolf bite, July 25, 2008, 11:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death

I guess you missed this bit of information. During the kill, they were both online on different computers in that house. The fact that there are multiple computers in that house has been mentioned on multiple occasions because they both try to get the good one.

And I never said anything about a democracy.

ImperialPhoenix

QuoteThey are only disabled on reg and are not gagged on the forums, thus welcome to post their opinions.

I been sent something as well. I don't even think they even be allowed to use this forum unless these things can be filtered(words and pictures).

About the bro rules, I find it stupid that you can't even see it on this forum. If that player also know the bro rules, that player could of finished the kill them self.

The Lady Shael

They should know that we maintain this forum at a PG-level rating, wolf is always willing to talk to unsure parents. I'm sure everyone is very familiar with our strict word filter.

As for posting the bro rules in a public place, I'm sure after this, we will post them somewhere publicly. We just never thought there was a problem with sending the rules to the players who it applied to.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

ImperialPhoenix

Oh and in case they forgot and unsure about it, how would they be able to immediately get the rules they need to know? This makes a huge difference in game. That's the point of having it up in public. So everyone sees it exists. Not just rules immediately made up to fit a situation to give a reason to ban a few players.(At least that's how I see it.)

Emailing the rules isn't good. Emails is always piling over the next so it will not be easy to find, especially in time to get the kill job finished.

The Lady Shael

Wow, you really seem to think we have it out for Wiseclaw and qee. And we don't! We, under no circumstance, WANT drive away new players. Please stop making those accusations. It's not even a ban, is a temporarily disable. Five days is nothing compared to how long Reg lasts for anyway.

Arguing about this isn't going to make us change our minds. The deed is done, the time you spend arguing about it will be more than the actual punishment.

And I already said in my last post, we'll post them publicly on the forums! Your point is made. We just figured they were obvious: don't work together in a way that poses an obvious advantage over people who don't live in the same house!

Believe it or not, people do check their email. Not only do we email, but we message them in-game with the same warnings when we undisable their accounts.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

kell

founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Gorak

Quote from: Death on July 28, 2008, 09:20:56 AM
I guess you missed this bit of information. During the kill, they were both online on different computers in that house. The fact that there are multiple computers in that house has been mentioned on multiple occasions because they both try to get the good one.

And I never said anything about a democracy.

what's to stop me from logging into 2 accounts, one with my desktop, one with my lappy?
I could easily run turns on 2 accounts at same time by myself, making it appear that there are 2 of us online at same time.
this is why the "bro" rules exist
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Death

There is no way to be sure, that's a given. Why not just disable everyone with a relative playing while you're at it?

Also, the rules posted, the staff is not even following them.

Edit, that post was edited today to include the offense in question. I am done here, no point in wasting my time.

Wolf Snare

Death has a valid point, as even two compys under one roof give the exact same IP. I admit I skimmed over alot of this topic, so I don't know what was already covered... but I think the culprits should be rightfully informed of the bro rules, and given another chance.

I know ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law, but these likkle guys surely aren't intentionally harming the site or anything...
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

wolf bite

Death, I find it an insult if you are indicating that because I had made an edit to a rule topic 40 minutes before I started this topic about disabling that I had edited the Bro Rules to justify my actions and am now lying about it. (Why don't I find it surprising?) That edit was an addition of 2 new facts, the bro rule had been there weeks before. Besides, it was after I had edited that topic that I was informed of the violation.

Besides, I personally sent them both the bro rules when we allowed them to play as an exception to the stated rules of no multiple accounts from the same location.

The reason the Bro rules are not posted is because multiple accounts from the same location is NOT allowed as stated on the create account page:

Multiple Accounts ARE NOT ALLOWED in this game, including sharing accounts, baby-sitting, looking-in, etc... If you are found to have multiple accounts, they will be disabled. If you have a special situation, contact us with an explanation.

It is only if given an Admin exception may there be 2 accounts from the same location. We elect not to spell out how easy we give the exception or everyone would have a "bro" account and we would have a lot of watching to do. Each time we give the exception the people are sent the "bro" rules. I don't need to post them on the forum.

But just to show they existed before that post everyone keeps pointing at, here is one from April 09, 2007 where Peace disabled accounts for a violation of the bro rules.

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=8142.0

Adding the full rules as it was put in the letter I sent to them, just so these rules will be clear to all.

"We do allow "bro" accounts on the servers if people tell us nicely as you did. Please understand that there are some rules for Bros. We watch the accounts closely and them working too much together is not allowed. In will be against the rules for bros to use the 2 accounts to kill people or to overly attack the same enemies. Bros may send aid to each other, but it is not allowed to have one making all the resources and constantly sending to the other one. Basically anything that makes them look like one account is not allowed."

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Death

Yeah, everybody's out to get you. Mind you I never said you edited it to lie, I just said it was changed so I didn't feel a need to debate this.

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Death

mhm. Because knowing that there is nothing to debate now that the rules have been changed is so an attack on Wolf Bite.

You guys are a little ridiculous, I get why this site is dying now. I'm just going to stop posting being as I can't go a few months without someone saying I am attacking someone.

windhound

Quote from: Death on July 27, 2008, 04:22:02 PM
Anyways, that's old news unrelated to the topic. I'm sure nothing is going to be done because RWL is some kind of dictatorship, I just wanted to put my two cents out there.

Quote from: Death on July 28, 2008, 01:38:13 PM
Edit, that post was edited today to include the offense in question. I am done here, no point in wasting my time.

And eh, its probably because you enjoy taking potshots at the admins Death
That and you like putting minor flame in your posts.  Minor enough that it cant be fairly edited, but they build up overtime.  ie, constantly pointing out that RWL is dying, contradictory to the fact that its actually quite active.  We had a good crowd for the last round of turbo, and the forums have a slow but steady stream of posts...  much more than can be claimed for nearly all other similar websites of RWL's age. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

wolf bite

Quote from: Death on July 29, 2008, 05:15:48 PM

... there is nothing to debate now that the rules have been changed ....

Trying to have a reasonable debate with Death is useless. You could show him pictures and documented proof the sky is blue and he will still say it is yellow.

Above I pointed to a post (non edited) from a year ago stating the same rules and still he says I changed the rules recently. GEEZZZZ

Frankly this is all none of his business. The disabled people received the rules when they were granted an exception and wrote me back agreeing to them. I have showed at least one other account that was disabled for the exact same reason. I know of no other time Bros (from the same location) have done a kill. This IS the punishment for breaking the Bro rules to do a kill.

All the other people (who were team mates and friends of Wise Claw and Qee) have seen the evidence and stopped posting. Wise Claw and Qee could post on the forum, could PM from the forum, could PM from turbo, or could email the staff from the main sign in, but have elected to take their punishment in peace.

Done. Over. The End. Nothing to debate.

I plan on bringing both accounts active at around 9 AM PST on Wednesday.

Wolf Bite
Edit: typo
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles