Guitar Hero

Started by The Lady Shael, July 17, 2008, 02:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorak

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on July 17, 2008, 11:32:17 PM
I can actually play the guitar. Consequently, I rather suck at Guitar Hero which bears little similarity to actually playing the guitar. I do like to watch people who are good at the game play though, because the songs are good.

By the way, did anyone see the Guitar Hero episode of South Park? The end of that episode was my first thought when I read Shael's first post.

I laughed my @ss off when I saw that ep

and yeah, I freaking hate guitar hero
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

thomaskreisman

It's not that hard to do once you get the hang of moving your fingers fast enough, it also helps your typing skills to, but I think that you Sael should dump Guitar Hero in the garbage and go buy Halo 3, it is 50 times better than any other game. ;)

The Lady Shael

Psh. I've played Halo 3 and just couldn't get into it. I'm a girl, I don't care much for shooting games.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Sharptooh

I've played guitar hero, but only once at a friends house, we haven't bought it, the controllers cost too much! it was ok though, it was quite fun to play, I just find it slightly depressing that while the popularity of guitar hero rises, it seems to me that less people are actually learning to play the acoustic guitar, I mean imagine if everyone who plays guitar hero frequently learned to play the guitar...

idunno

Quote from: The Lady Shael on July 17, 2008, 11:38:58 PM
Awesomeeeeee!! I definitely need help with TTFAF, I still can't even get past 1% of the song because of that crazy intro. I've seen videos of people doing it, so I vaguely know how to do it, I just can't do it fast enough. My goal is to beat it before GH4 comes out (Oct 28).

Are you trying to one hand the intro or tap it?

The Lady Shael

I'm trying to tap it (trying to perfect it in practice mode right now), but I feel like it'll take forever to get it down. Got a little better at it today though. Just sucks cause once I miss a note, I'm done for.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

thomaskreisman

Quote from: The Lady Shael on July 18, 2008, 09:38:52 AM
Psh. I've played Halo 3 and just couldn't get into it. I'm a girl, I don't care much for shooting games.

It doesn't matter if you don't like shooting games, the social part of the game is awesome! If you have x-box live halo is the best game ever, bungie did a great job on the online part of the game

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI laughed my @ss off when I saw that ep

Yeah, me too.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on July 18, 2008, 03:52:06 PM
QuoteI laughed my @ss off when I saw that ep

Yeah, me too.
there are much more funny South Park episodes....but not very many, that was hilarious.

The Lady Shael

I JUST realized you can actually hold down the green button through the whole intro...wow. Trying that first thing tomorrow.

idunno

Yeah, that usually helps!  =p  Then you only have to push half of the buttons and use only 4 fingers.   This is how I tap it, I hold down the green with my left index, and hit all of the reds with my left middle.  With my right hand I use my index on the yellow, middle on the blue, ring on the orange and, strum the first note with my right elbow (lol.)  Im guessing your doing it a similar way?

The Lady Shael

Wow, with your elbow? o.0 Right now I strum the first note really quickly with my right hand, then move up and use that hand to press red, yellow, blue and orange, and left index on green. Your way sounds easier though.

Shadow

I'd like to see a real guitarist play a song with their elbow o.0
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gorak

Quote from: Shadow on July 19, 2008, 09:28:09 AM

*starts practising*
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Gorak on July 19, 2008, 03:08:59 PM
Quote from: Shadow on July 19, 2008, 09:28:09 AM

*starts practising*
haha, when you get that down post it on youtube and send me the link to my E-mail.