Guitar Hero

Started by The Lady Shael, July 17, 2008, 02:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

I just beat Raining Blood on Expert. Which means I only have one more song left to beat: Through the Fire and Flames. =) Just thought you all should know. XD

Any other Guitar Hero players out there? Anyone like me excited for Guitar Hero 4?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: The Lady Shael on July 17, 2008, 02:36:06 PM
I just beat Raining Blood on Expert. Which means I only have one more song left to beat: Through the Fire and Flames. =) Just thought you all should know. XD

Any other Guitar Hero players out there? Anyone like me excited for Guitar Hero 4?

Wow thats amazing. I cant even beat more than one song on hard ^_^

Its that fifth button...

I play guitar hero occasionally, a few times a week that is. I also play rock band though which is a sweet game.

There is a Guitar Hero 4 coming out?!?! When? I'll have to get it then.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

eh, guitar hereo's quite good, dont regulary play, every charecter looks depressed or gothic in some way or other  :o
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Firetooth on July 17, 2008, 03:47:51 PM
eh, guitar hereo's quite good, dont regulary play, every charecter looks depressed or gothic in some way or other  :o

Don't be dissin' on one of the greatest guitar players ever. For all of you who don't already know who I am talkin about. Its Slash of course.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

I
Hate
Guitar Hero

I'm not even bad at it, before you say it. I just can't justify wasting time playing a plastic guitar for hours at a time when I could learn a real one instead.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Shadow on July 17, 2008, 05:25:55 PM
I
Hate
Guitar Hero

I'm not even bad at it, before you say it. I just can't justify wasting time playing a plastic guitar for hours at a time when I could learn a real one instead.

I hate it to but I am very good at it, I got all the achievements on X-box 360 for it

Shadow

For someone who hates it you must play an awful lot then...
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

CobyCopper

I've only ever played with a Guitar Hero guitar on one weekend occasion... which was on Rock Band. My roommate and a few people I met all decided that we didn't like hip-hop/similar music that much, so we sat inside for a good long time and played Rock Band. I stink at it. No microphone, no drums... period! I can do the guitar/bass guitar thing fine, but only on easy. It's the 4th and then the 5th buttons that kill me.

Other than that, the dorms all have an XBox 360 Arcade... with a few games. I may end up getting better by hanging out with random people in the rec/tv/game rooms.

The Lady Shael

I
Hate
Guitar Hero

I said the SAME thing when Guitar Hero came out! I shunned it and bad-mouthed it for months....and then I played it. -.- So I completely see your point. Guitar Hero is just fun, I don't pretend that it's a substitute for actually learning how to play guitar.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

CobyCopper

Quote from: The Lady Shael on July 17, 2008, 07:01:36 PM
I
Hate
Guitar Hero

I said the SAME thing when Guitar Hero came out! I shunned it and bad-mouthed it for months....and then I played it. -.- So I completely see your point. Guitar Hero is just fun, I don't pretend that it's a substitute for actually learning how to play guitar.

Wait... I can't actually play guitar?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!one!?!?!?!?!?!11?!?!questionmark?!!?!?!/111/11/!?/1/121/!?1/?!?!?/1?!?1///!/!?/1!

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Shadow on July 17, 2008, 06:00:33 PM
For someone who hates it you must play an awful lot then...

I used to, now I play halo 3, once I got that game, my life.......right out the window, RWL contributed to much of that to.

idunno

I agree 100% with Shael.  Guitar Hero is in no way a substitute for real guitar but, it is one of the most fun games I've ever played.  I've finished every song in the game on expert (including Through the Fire and Flames.)  I've also 5 stared every song in the normal set list up until Knights of Cydonia, 5 stared Cult of Personality and, 4 stared One. If you need any help with Ttfaf I could offer some advice.  Oh, and big congrats on finishing raining blood! =p

edit: ohh yeah, I'm excited about gh4.

Gen. Volkov

I can actually play the guitar. Consequently, I rather suck at Guitar Hero which bears little similarity to actually playing the guitar. I do like to watch people who are good at the game play though, because the songs are good.

By the way, did anyone see the Guitar Hero episode of South Park? The end of that episode was my first thought when I read Shael's first post.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

Quote from: idunno on July 17, 2008, 10:24:16 PM
I agree 100% with Shael.  Guitar Hero is in no way a substitute for real guitar but, it is one of the most fun games I've ever played.  I've finished every song in the game on expert (including Through the Fire and Flames.)  I've also 5 stared every song in the normal set list up until Knights of Cydonia, 5 stared Cult of Personality and, 4 stared One. If you need any help with Ttfaf I could offer some advice.  Oh, and big congrats on finishing raining blood! =p

Awesomeeeeee!! I definitely need help with TTFAF, I still can't even get past 1% of the song because of that crazy intro. I've seen videos of people doing it, so I vaguely know how to do it, I just can't do it fast enough. My goal is to beat it before GH4 comes out (Oct 28).

bjornredtail

I suck at guitar hero.. I keep trying to shift as if I was playing my real instrument (which, FYI is not the guitar). That and I personally do not own, nor do I plan to acquire a gaming console, nor the controllers so that I could use the open source equivalent, 'Frets on Fire'. So, meh.

From a mechanical engineering standpoint, I do have to admire their controllers for standing up to the level of abuse that they do.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!