Storehouse
1 (4.3%)
Half-Land
1 (4.3%)
Ladder
0 (0%)
Race Ladder
3 (13%)
Battle for Mossflower River (Mossflower)
0 (0%)
Return of Ublaz (Pearls of Lutra)
6 (26.1%)
Other (specify!)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

The Lady Shael

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=8534.0

Check the topic above for descriptions! I'm pretty sure I put all the themes we've had so far, but I put the 'Other' choice just in case...

Now this is your favorite THEME, not your favorite round. Though they are related.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Race ladder but I like emperor rounds as well.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

thomaskreisman

what is Battle for Mossflower River (Mossflower)

The Lady Shael

Read the topic that I linked to in my first post. It was a round kind of like the one now, except based off Mossflower and not quite as awesome. =p
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

idunno

My favorite round was my first, that being a no leaders round.  I found it really fun and I want to try it again.

Wolf Snare

I used to really enjoy leaderless rounds, but since the race tweaking it lost its touch.. I find them rather boring now.

I think I'd have to say, my favourite setup was probably the SUPER emp round. It was insanely challenging, and in the end we did not manage to surpass him in NW. I reckon we could have if I wasn't so bull headed in the first month, refusing to work with windy and co., ahh, great fun it was though.

I voted for race ladder, since it was a load of fun and super emp wasn't specified in the lineup..  :P

I also really enjoyed the no mercs round, because it was very different and everyone had to addapt slightly. It was a good idea overall, although some members tend to think it was unbalanced.

personally, I'm looking forward to our next storehouse round with locked clans, as I think it would be great fun for all if we can all set our differences aside.

I'd like to see the clans made a bit more evenly, as the randomized clans and other ways of dividing don't always work well. Maybe we can make a lineup put together of all of the players planning to play, then the admins could hand build each team to make sure no stacking occurs?

Fun poll.  ;)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Saladin

I like the round we're doing now.
Starfish love you

Shadow

half land round kicked butt
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

I'm biased, I voted for the Pearls of Lutra round. But my reasons for liking certain rounds are completely different from everyone else's. I've come a long way code-experience-wise in the past year, and doing something like the Pearls of Lutra round now last year would have been almost impossible with what I knew. We did have the Mossflower round, but there were SO many bugs throughout the whole round and I just had no idea what I was doing.

Though if I played I'd probably choose Pearls of Lutra anyway. My second favorite would probably be Storehouse, I thought that was such a cool idea when we first did it.

Choosing clans is a tough matter. We tried make it a little better this round, but obviously any dependence on randomness doesn't guarantee anything. Handpicked-by-admins clans would be interesting, we might try that in the future.

Btw feel free to detail your opinions about themes, Snare's post was interesting. =)

wolf bite

I have had my hand in working out the parameters for just about all the games. I give this latest game Pearls the biggest praise, not only because of all the very hard work our own Sheal did for it, but because it has multiple levels of play with more strategy than just the playing strategy.

I also like the ladders rounds, all of them. Mostly for the same reason, it adds a dimension beyond simply controlling your hordes finances.

I don't really want to pick the members for any clan game. Someone will still come back and say it is unfair or there would be too many demands of who should and who should not be on what team.

However, I long ago suggested to pick clans like they do in the school yard. The members get together and vote for 4 team leaders. Then all people who will play in the game sign up under their FORUM name. Each leader makes a list of what order they would want players. The admins then take the lists and as best they can hand members by the order they were requested.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Wolf Snare on July 10, 2008, 04:34:34 PM
I think I'd have to say, my favourite setup was probably the SUPER emp round. It was insanely challenging, and in the end we did not manage to surpass him in NW. I reckon we could have if I wasn't so bull headed in the first month, refusing to work with windy and co., ahh, great fun it was though.

I also really enjoyed the no mercs round, because it was very different and everyone had to addapt slightly. It was a good idea overall, although some members tend to think it was unbalanced.

personally, I'm looking forward to our next storehouse round with locked clans, as I think it would be great fun for all if we can all set our differences aside.

I'd like to see the clans made a bit more evenly, as the randomized clans and other ways of dividing don't always work well. Maybe we can make a lineup put together of all of the players planning to play, then the admins could hand build each team to make sure no stacking occurs?

Fun poll.  ;)

I agree. These were all fun including the race ladder, which i loved. I voted for Emp though because of the super emp round.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Martin the warrior

Who thinks that I am dead
Knows naught at all.
I-- am that is.
Two mice within Redwall.
The Warrior sleeps twixt Hall and Cavern Hole.
I-- am that is.
Take on my mighty role.

Wolf Snare

I am enjoying this round quite a bit now that my clan is working together. I will have to see how it plays out in the end, but it will definitely be one of my favourites. I for one really enjoy themed rounds, it adds an entire new element to the game, and it's darn exciting when you aren't just playing for yourself.

I would love to see themed rounds continue to be played. They make RWL even more unique, and I think everyone enjoys them as much as I do.

I was sceptical at first about the clanned war going on for 3 weeks, but I guess each clan has to addapt as they grow. It has so far been proved that netting and piling on one empire will not work. I'm intrigued to see how it will play out in the end.

Salamandastron, or ungatt trun, would be amazing themed rounds IMO. We could split the game into good and evil and make a goal for each side to either defend the mountain, or capture it, before the set ends. We could even make a series of goals for each side, to really make it interesting and relatable to the book.
Surely we could brainstorm and come up with boundaries to make it a good round!

Thanks Shael, for all of your hard work in coding each round for us.
I'm absolutely thrilled to hear that your coding has improved so much in the past year. Things like this remind me of how lucky we all are. Not to sound ungrateful, but thinking back to Retto's time, well, he was a very busy guy.. and although I like to think he cared about us, he nearly killed the community with his inactivity. Thinking back to those days, I realize how lucky we really are, and I want to say thanks to our 3 saviors. keep up the good work!
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Ungratt trunn would be a good round one clan could be in salamandstron the other mossflower the aim is:
Kill the other clans acc with the same function as tears of all oceans
then you switch locations
the clan who's in salamandstron in the end wins one award, the other is highest net.
Just an idea.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: wolf bite on July 10, 2008, 08:39:35 PM

However, I long ago suggested to pick clans like they do in the school yard. The members get together and vote for 4 team leaders. Then all people who will play in the game sign up under their FORUM name. Each leader makes a list of what order they would want players. The admins then take the lists and as best they can hand members by the order they were requested.

I like that idea myself.  We should give it a try.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)