On quotes

Started by taekwondokid42, July 10, 2008, 07:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

Sorry for sounding dislexic:

When you guys are quoting eachother in a long string, it's very hard for me to follow the conversation. If your going to quote someone, could you remove all of the non-imporant stuff in their post?

Thanks

~taek

Scarwake

Its not hard to follow the conversation with quotes....It actually makes it easier.

Things to remember when you are reading someone that has quoted something....when using a quote in a post the response to that post is written directly below the quote and so on with others.  Hopefully that will make it better for you...

But I wouldn't expect anyone to change their habits as many have been doing this for years and years.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Alazar is Back

Eh, ill try to make it easier on you from now on. ;)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

windhound

I do it out of habit anyways
ie, if I want to respond to Scarwake's last sentence I'd do
Quote from: Scarwake on July 10, 2008, 10:39:12 AM
But I wouldn't expect anyone to change their habits as many have been doing this for years and years.

Habits can be broken ;)
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Scarwake

That they can...but mine are hard to break so...unless I completely forget to use the quote feature which I do frequently and still do...Then I will still use it when I remember and frequently as well...

Hehe
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

taekwondokid42

what I was talking about specifically was when there will be like 4 quotes all jumbled together. Other than that quoting is useful.