Moral question

Started by The Lady Shael, July 07, 2008, 09:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Read the scenario. What would you do?

Don't say anything and keep the $20
Give the $20 back

The Lady Shael

Say you went to Starbucks and ordered a venti Java Chip frappuccino. You only have a $20 bill, so you pay with that. When the cashier gives you your change, she mistakenly gives you your change PLUS the $20 bill you just handed her. What do you do?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Alazar is Back

I'm not going to lie, it would be hard to not keep it but i honestly do not need money bad enough to be dishonest about a mistake. My vote is give the $20 back.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

windhound

Give it back.
The cashier is responsible for her till, so she would be responsible for missing cash
IE, it doesnt matter that its Starbucks...  its the gal that takes the fall
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Saladin

This happened to me at a Mexican restaurant (except the difference was instead of 3 quarters I got 3 silver dollars). Though the 20 is temping, I would return it.
Starfish love you

Shade

Here's an answer no one would expect from Shade, I'd actually give it back without hesitation

Gen. Volkov

I'd keep it. Bet you weren't expecting that from me. Heh.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

I once went to the bank with 2 checks, one check was for $500 and the other was for $100. I cashed them one at a time and put the money into different envelopes. When I got home I noticed I had $500 in each envelope! It seems the teller was still thinking $500 when she cashed the second one. The next day I went back to the bank and gave them back the extra $400. Good thing too, they were firing the girl at the same time. I saved her job and her reputation.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Sharptooh

I'd definitely give it back, although I'd probably not notice at the time  :-[

Firetooth

give it back, unless the fact they exsisted suddenly made me resent life. :o
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gorak

depends how quickly I notice
if right away, I give it back
if it's after I go out the door, I ain't goin back in to correct the cashiers mistake
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Martin the warrior

Thats why you alway check your change before you leave. mmmmm venti Java Chip frappuccino :P
Who thinks that I am dead
Knows naught at all.
I-- am that is.
Two mice within Redwall.
The Warrior sleeps twixt Hall and Cavern Hole.
I-- am that is.
Take on my mighty role.

Scarwake

Working at a credit union(a non-profit bank in other words)  and knowing what happens when a teller is missing cash from their drawer...I would give it back.  The person can literally have a break down and I have known a few that end up going home and crying because they think that they could get fired.

Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Arguia Zsah

Shadow

If it was a little chain of stores I would give it back, but I hate Starbucks. I'd keep it, but only from there.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Martin the warrior

Quote from: Shadow on July 09, 2008, 04:40:45 PM
If it was a little chain of stores I would give it back, but I hate Starbucks. I'd keep it, but only from there.
You know that if you do that you are not actlually hurting the store but the cashier?
Who thinks that I am dead
Knows naught at all.
I-- am that is.
Two mice within Redwall.
The Warrior sleeps twixt Hall and Cavern Hole.
I-- am that is.
Take on my mighty role.