So, which clan is the most loaded?

Started by Checkerpaw, July 02, 2008, 09:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobyCopper

Quote from: Alazar is Back on July 11, 2008, 10:54:23 AM
Quote from: CobyCopper on July 11, 2008, 09:21:46 AM
Other than that, Alazar, there are still MANY tricks and advanced strategies. I don't share those that I usually find or learn of, as it's the knowledge that grants you a nice advantage.

So you just decide to never use these tricks? Well if you know so many of these nice tricks that give you such an advantage then how come you never finish high in a round, or anything like that? Oh and dont say its because your teaching, because i teach someone every round.
I've been top15 for most recent rounds--last was because I aided away all my NW. Other than that, I have finished quite high in rounds--as Pacer at Imperium (similar code) I finished #3. Sicarius can attest to my lack of running. In the last week I ran once with the help of Wolf Bite--I finished lower NW because I wanted to raise shields one last time. Had I ran during the last week of gameplay (discluding times Imperium was down, which was often), I would have been a good bit higher NW than my finish.

Quote from: Alazar is Back on July 11, 2008, 10:54:23 AM
Quote from: CobyCopper on July 11, 2008, 09:50:26 AM
On the other hand--the extra knowledge is what I'd usually call a feature of your code. You can figure out different ways to do things--lest you run out of resources, have land locked, &c.. I know Alazar is a good indy player here, though I don't think he's demonstrated his ability to use leaders particularly well.

Thanks for the compliment, but I can guarantee you that i have been leadering since before you ever THOUGHT about playing promisance. I never ran an indy strat until like 6months ago, first time in my life was that long ago. Believe me i know what I am talking about.
Watch what you say. I was here back in... hm... 2002? 2003? So in that respect, you're quite wrong.  Other than that, I said you're good indy--meaning I've not seen you do well leadering or using specific and deliberate parts of the code to your advantage. I know I've used some tricks and features. Show me your skill--or are my estimations correct?

Juska

More to leadering than that?

What could possibly be refering to?

The fact that spell returns become lower as your net increases? (10mil-100mil-etc.etc.) How loyalty costs are determined? How to break other leader players perhaps? All leader players boil down to here is either, food massing, or massive resource hording in order to jump networth.

I did find it funny how Alazar decided to lecture me on leaving a hole in reg. though.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

meestir amayzing

Quote from: Saladin on July 05, 2008, 12:34:21 AM
Quote from: David on July 05, 2008, 12:25:16 AM

Clan Rankings - By Total Networth (3 Member Minimum)
Clan Name    Tag    Members    Average Networth    Total Networth
Army of Ublaz    Army    14    $141,938,129    $2,129,071,939
Trident Guard    Trident    14    $146,804,787    $2,055,267,016
Corsairs and Pirates    Corsairs    15    $132,225,341    $1,983,380,120
Woodlander Vermin    Woodlanders    14    $22,448,496    $314,278,940

Poor woodlanders still can't get it together...
look who's on top now...

Wolf Snare

Bob, you are ignorant to assume that you know more than Alazar. I know you are confident in your studies as shadow took you under his wing, but he can't teach you anything that I haven't first hand preformed alongside Alazar. Thing is, Allys been around for years, and has witnessed, and performed, some of the greatest moments in history. He has witnessed, and assisted first hand as we take over time and time again.... Shadow can give you pages of strategies, but the actual EXPERIENCE is what you lack. Other than that, you have made too many assumptions based on your biased outlook on ingame matters.

I know you are proud about imperium; this is only the 7th time I've seen you directly brag about your finish... but in all honesty, imperium was nothing more than a child's playground. The code was incredibly easy, and it was based off of RWL before many balancing changes occurred... Meaning it was extremely easy to exploit. As far as I can tell, that was your bread and butter in true promi experience, and it's nothing special. I won't even venture to brag about what I did in my run out of protection on that site, because it's simply too easy. Play QMT or valhall for a round and see how that goes.

Juska, there is much more to leadering than that. There are a million little tricks in the code that allow me and a few others to boost far beyond the rest of the pack, simply because we know how to use the code in our favour. I'll teach you a few things if you like.

Oh, and checker, I am not even going to ask where you got the info to back up what you say.. because although I enjoy your witty banter, and have alot of respect for you, I know you like to hop on the bandwagon with anything game related.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Wolf Snare on July 11, 2008, 03:06:55 PM

Oh, and checker, I am not even going to ask where you got the info to back up what you say.. because although I enjoy your witty banter, and have alot of respect for you, I know you like to hop on the bandwagon with anything game related.

Not all the time, though.  Sometimes I like to hop in front of the bandwagon.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Firetooth

Quote from: Wolf Snare on July 11, 2008, 03:06:55 PM
Bob, you are ignorant to assume that you know more than Alazar. I know you are confident in your studies as shadow took you under his wing, but he can't teach you anything that I haven't first hand preformed alongside Alazar. Thing is, Allys been around for years, and has witnessed, and performed, some of the greatest moments in history. He has witnessed, and assisted first hand as we take over time and time again.... Shadow can give you pages of strategies, but the actual EXPERIENCE is what you lack. Other than that, you have made too many assumptions based on your biased outlook on ingame matters.

I know you are proud about imperium; this is only the 7th time I've seen you directly brag about your finish... but in all honesty, imperium was nothing more than a child's playground. The code was incredibly easy, and it was based off of RWL before many balancing changes occurred... Meaning it was extremely easy to exploit. As far as I can tell, that was your bread and butter in true promi experience, and it's nothing special. I won't even venture to brag about what I did in my run out of protection on that site, because it's simply too easy. Play QMT or valhall for a round and see how that goes.

Juska, there is much more to leadering than that. There are a million little tricks in the code that allow me and a few others to boost far beyond the rest of the pack, simply because we know how to use the code in our favour. I'll teach you a few things if you like.

eh, alazar makes a idiot of himself sometimes, but so do I. He is quite an underestimated player, I've worked with him in several sites and he adapts to he code pretty fast, usually faster them me. Ive fought against him as well he's no pushover when it comes to fighting...but well defending is a...different matter :P

EDIT: Snare, bob has reason to be proud of his 3rd, I knew he was pacer and watched through the top ten and imo he was the best player playing imp isnt a playground either look at the lengths rwl and methos went to win. Order could've won but both clans were against us, I quit, and we were passive. lol this sounds like ages ago...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

lol you misunderstand how easy it is to win there solo. the only reason RWL and Methos fought so brutally was because there was an obvious war at hand, and both sides were clanned. Taking the top would be no amazing feat by just passively massing or any number of other strategies.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

CobyCopper

Quote from: Wolf Snare on July 11, 2008, 04:34:10 PM
lol you misunderstand how easy it is to win there solo. the only reason RWL and Methos fought so brutally was because there was an obvious war at hand, and both sides were clanned. Taking the top would be no amazing feat by just passively massing or any number of other strategies.
My general challenge to all Imperium players is beat me though clan work.It's easy code, so why not go over there and beat me hands-down? I was solo the round as I said before--I aided away a nice portion of NW for Shadow before--and only actual help beyond new-table diplomacy was Wolf Bite holding stuff so I could run quickly. Beyond that, it was diplomacy and finding tricks to each code and using it effectively. I would have been more impressed with other players there, though all clans hindered themselves seriously--to the point that it took a few days of a large clan running to exceed me.

It's Sicarius' Promisance, so I won't tell him he has to balance or whatever. If he wants to balance things out (and I see he preferred code as it is), that's his choice. Till then, beat me at that game. Other than that, I don't currently have the time for another Promisance. While not just time (I can get on often recently--as in a few times a day if only for a few minutes to manage Corsairs and run), I don't have the energy to do everything to learn another Promisance.

Anyway--Alazar, impress me with your skills. That's my challenge to you. Do it solo, do it clean. It's your choice on how to do it, if you accept this challenge.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: CobyCopper on July 11, 2008, 06:01:38 PM
Anyway--Alazar, impress me with your skills. That's my challenge to you. Do it solo, do it clean.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for either of those conditions to actually be followed through on.

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Checkerpaw on July 11, 2008, 07:18:14 PM
Anyway--Alazar, impress me with your skills. That's my challenge to you. Do it solo, do it clean.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for either of those conditions to actually be followed through on.

Had you came here like 4months or maybe a bit longer than that you would have noticed that by nature i am an extremely nice player by nature. When all this warring between sides first started i suggested just peacefully netting and was shut down.

Anyway--Alazar, impress me with your skills. That's my challenge to you. Do it solo, do it clean. It's your choice on how to do it, if you accept this challenge.

This round i will not. I am in a team. I might try next round depending on the theme, but the fact of the matter is that i prefer teams. My skills as a promi player are multiplied greatly when im put into a team, many others can and have protested to this. If i answer your challenge than i would expect you to finally quit beating around the bush and answer just ONE of my challenges.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Alazar is Back on July 11, 2008, 07:48:24 PM
My skills as a promi player are multiplied greatly when im put into a team

So you're not that great of a player by yourself but you're a much better player when you can rely on clanmates who actually know what they're doing?  Or have I misunderstood what you're saying?

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Checkerpaw on July 11, 2008, 07:53:24 PM
Quote from: Alazar is Back on July 11, 2008, 07:48:24 PM
My skills as a promi player are multiplied greatly when im put into a team

So you're not that great of a player by yourself but you're a much better player when you can rely on clanmates who actually know what they're doing?  Or have I misunderstood what you're saying?

I am not the best solo player. That is not what i am trying to get across. My skills greatly increase in a team, meaning i can perform better and I know how to fit in right to make a smooth operating team. I was basically the first person here to really start using the "team indy" strat. If you dont believe me ask Peace when he gets back, he will vouch for me. Does that make more sense now?
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Holby

There is nothing more unimpressive than to have someone ram down your throat how great they are and all the strats they know. If you're good, you don't need to prove it, nor do you have to respond to the idiots baiting you over it. It gives off an arrogant, self-important air that is rather hard to forgive.

READ: Stop the pissing contest.
I will not deleted this

meestir amayzing

Blobfish

Worship the mighty Blobfish

Quote from: Blobfish on May 01, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.59

Rights are for the weak.