A heads-up for next round

Started by The Lady Shael, June 26, 2008, 11:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Normally I'm very tight-lipped about the details of a new round, but I'll make an exception.

There will be forced clans next round. We've had this before, but this time clans will be decided randomly instead of by warlord number. This is to prevent people from trying to get into the same clan as their allies or in a different clan than their enemies.

If you do try to delete your account and make a new one to get into the clan you want...it will be HEAVILY frowned upon. I suggest for this round, try to forget or relax your differences with your enemies and "get into the game", don't all these feuds carry over. Heck, make new enemies. Join under an alias and pretend to be a different person (I don't mean impersonate someone...yeeeah).

This is a whole new round, with a whole new plot, so I'd hate to see it get taken over by everyone's personal grudges on their enemies.

For those who are concerned that the randomness will unbalance the clans...it won't. No clan should get significantly larger than another.

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Checkerpaw

I for one am looking forward to this new round.  I love the idea of the forced clans and warlords being assigned to a clan randomly.  It'll make for an interesting couple of weeks!
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

taekwondokid42

You could even have Wolf Bite decide the clans.

I'm not sure how closely he has been following all of the events, but I think that he knows us all well enough to

1. Balance the clans (so no one clan has a significant advantage)

and 2. Place enemies together in a fashion that will prevent the round from being ruined.

And, I think that it would be good if you weren't allowed to leave your clan.

Death

I think I'm going to have to play under my Muslim alias again. Lol

Firetooth

I dont like this part of the theme, I clan every round with allies so it's to me exactly the same except possibly with enemies. ::)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

Well look at it this way, there will probably be mass aid so there will be huge empires, and if one war starts the server is at war.

Firetooth

lol.
most talented player: _____, they did a massive skill and got aid whored!
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

wolf bite

Sheal has done a LOT of work on this upcomming round. a lot of new and very cool stuff.

As she said, it is the playing field that will be fun. And the teams will need to work together. There is a lot of missions in this round. Just hold off on the feuds for a month and restart them next round if you want.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Death

I actually have a question now that I think about it. How will leaders and officers be decided? If it is left completely random then there is a very good chance clans will be led by someone incapable, or at least less capable than someone else under the same tag.

Firetooth

Leaderships weird in forced clans:
You could get someone incapable if randomly picked
If by vote, some people have no chance.

The Lady Shael

I coded a vote feature where people can vote for a clan leader (can't vote for yourself). Voting will be closed after the first week.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Ok. I dont think Ill play anyway, but I wouldnt get any votes  :D

wolf bite

The idea of this game started many months ago.  It is so different than anything we have done before! It will be the talk of the town.

Everyone will want to check it out.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

I've decided to play as Ive concoted a master plan which will secure me a win :-*

Sharptooh

I really like the idea for this round, a lot of people will go under different names, and people may realise thier enemies are actually quite nice people.
  Let's just hope not as many people get killed.