Strategies

Started by septimus7claw, June 25, 2008, 09:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

septimus7claw

are there any other strategies besides indying nad making leaders?
just wondering...beginner ??? ???

thanks
Septimus Sevenclaw ///////

ImperialPhoenix

I can show you the strategies I know.

There is the cashier, a farmer,a reseller  and a hybrid strategy. There are many more strategies but these here are the standards.

thomaskreisman

next round I am going to try a farmer stratagy

Juska

Good luck, too bad the code is so broken that leaders can make you 10x the net if you mass food, and even if you do mass food as a farmer it'll just get poisoned.

And the market is so broken that there is no movement on it, it is used solely to store food and troops, so you'll never make any money.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Death

*points at suggestion type area*

Do you want to do the honors or should I?

Juska

The suggestion area?

Be my guest.

You have to be Peace or Wolf Bite for anyone to care about what you say, no matter how much sense you really make.
Current Empires:

Death

I'm forced to ask, why don't you just go back to QMT if it's that bad here? I would but it's kind of boring these days.

taekwondokid42

Are you familiar with the wildcat strategy?

It takes preparation, or two people, but I think that it is powerful enough.

Juska

Because QMT is no fun Death.

Even though the code is broken here the people who continue to play make the game fun. I had a lot of fun at QMT 3 or 4 years ago, but now it's not even worth it.

I'll continue to play here because of that.
Current Empires:

Shadow

Quote from: Juska on June 28, 2008, 08:16:58 AM
Because QMT is no fun Death.

Even though the code is broken here the people who continue to play make the game fun. I had a lot of fun at QMT 3 or 4 years ago, but now it's not even worth it.

I'll continue to play here because of that.

How is the code here broken? There are a lot of little things that need changing, but I don't think anything is actually broken.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Why is the code broken?

First off the races are extremely screwed up, to the point where some have an excess of +200% more bonuses than deficits, because things are wrongly labeled bad because they are minuses, when minuses are good in some cases. Next, the races make you choose one of two strategies to play, leader or indy, casher, farmer, and reseller are not even allowed by the race dynamics here. In addition, the code is written so that leader players have nearly every advantage, namely the fact that leader land gain is equal to troop attack land gain and the ridiculous leader attack opportunity option. Next, the market code is borked, with this store troops and food and still have it on your net BS. Speaking of the market there is absolutely no game economy through it, it is used to store net safely and for no other reason. Now that food has come up, lets see: It is incredible easy to mass, has a huge networth, and with the market is nearly impervious to destruction.

I could go on.
Current Empires:

Shadow

Quote from: Juska on July 30, 2008, 11:54:19 AM
Why is the code broken?

First off the races are extremely screwed up, to the point where some have an excess of +200% more bonuses than deficits, because things are wrongly labeled bad because they are minuses, when minuses are good in some cases. Next, the races make you choose one of two strategies to play, leader or indy, casher, farmer, and reseller are not even allowed by the race dynamics here. In addition, the code is written so that leader players have nearly every advantage, namely the fact that leader land gain is equal to troop attack land gain and the ridiculous leader attack opportunity option. Next, the market code is borked, with this store troops and food and still have it on your net BS. Speaking of the market there is absolutely no game economy through it, it is used to store net safely and for no other reason. Now that food has come up, lets see: It is incredible easy to mass, has a huge networth, and with the market is nearly impervious to destruction.

I could go on.

1) not all bonuses have the same effect on the game, so a total of zero doesnt mean a balance
2) labels dont matter, they are just there for show
3) agreed, we need more strat diversity
4) partially agreed - open atk op should be affected by raised shields, but leader land gain comes at the cost of your ratio, so that is a balance - play a leaderer using nothing but leader attacks and youll see what i mean
5)agreed, market is screwed and needs to be put back to the old code, slightly modified
6) not agreed, it's actually more of an incentive to get your food destroyed if you market it.

Juska

You assume I've never leadered because I don't play one here, which is wrong.

It doesn't even bother your ratio, why? Because of the land drop code! Dropping land takes no turns, is incredibly easy and nearly every leader player does it. Why is it bad? Because it destroys top tier land masses and locks nearly all land in the lower ranks, making storing or teaming FAing the only feasible way to get to the top.

Land drop should be removed, then we'd see some downside to leader attacks.

However, leader attacks are also messed up, because it's so easy to destroy your enemies with failed attacks, so leader losses really need to be based upon the smaller number (whether the attacker or defender), which then emliminates that downside to leader attacks, so leader land gain needs to be nerfed to 25% of current gains to be fair.

All bonuses effect the game in the same way, and a 0% is fair, the game currently has a 0% system, however, the wrong percents are red, making a false 0%.

Storing your food on the market makes it invulnerable to anything but massive leader attacks, which need huge bankrolls to come about. And if your playing the game you woud have seen no one even tried taking out the massive food markets storers.

This is not a turbo discussion.
Current Empires:

Shadow

Sure you can drop land, but if you kill half your leaders before you do it with leader attacks, you are going to get only a fraction of the output you would get if you had kept those leaders. Sure your ratio will be high again, but there is more to output than ratio.

Not all bonuses affect all strats the same way. A leaderer doesn't give a [darn] how good his race is at producing armies.

Market storing is incredibly easy to rob, especially if they are clanned. Indier suicides, leaderer steals. Simple. As for the bankrool, that's nothing a bit of hard work won;t get you. Market stored food is far from safe.

thomaskreisman

I am still relatively new here so could somebody explain the reseller strategy to me?