Is it just me...

Started by The Obliterator, June 25, 2008, 07:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Quote from: Saladin on June 25, 2008, 11:38:11 AM
Quote from: Firetooth on June 25, 2008, 11:27:19 AM
Shadow has no followers, thats a lie. They have allies, but thats because they work hard and are respected at rwl. They run eire, but that's like saying corsair are your followers. Get over yourself.
He isn't favoured at all, unlike you he just doesnt spam every topic or do a me and flame people so he hasnt got a warning.

Firetooth, you have always seemed to me one of Shadow's followers. You run around, praising his every word, denouncing those who disobey him. You do everything he tells you to, so get over yourself. And I only spam in the Spa Room, so bug off.

where do you get the obey crap? I DO NOT ORDER PEOPLE AROUND. If someone chooses to agree with my point of view (and there are only 2 of them in this case, so it's likely that at least half of them will) then that is because they agree with me, not because I have influence over them.

You don't see me denouncing Shade and Snare for having people follow their point of view do you? Because it seems to me that's exactly what you are doing yourself.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

Shadow has said there is no rule against it and the rule you are talking about is still in place and it stopped me from joining a clan yesterday.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Alazar is Back

I agree with Oblit and Saladin whole-heartedly. Shadow has ALOT of power around here. There has been many things that he has said that are changed immediately. If you don't think so then you must be blind.

Shadow has followers. I guarantee you that he could snap his fingers and then a few of the newer players would snap to attention. A round similar to this comes to mind....hmmm, firetooth do you remember that round? How does it feel? Your being used again.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Scarwake

First off, I would like to address the point that Saladin made in reference to having some kind of favor with the admins/mods.
-We do NOT take favor upon any member at RWL and that includes Shadow.

Secondly, Death we are aware of the issue concerning the faulty code and it is being addressed.

Thirdly, Firetooth EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion here as long as it remains clean and free of insults as well as any other gestures that are against the rules.  It does not matter how long someone has been a member here for them to come to a conclusion about something that is their right to do so.

~Scarwake
~Mod Duties
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Death

Quote from: Alazar is Back on June 25, 2008, 06:19:19 PM
I agree with Oblit and Saladin whole-heartedly. Shadow has ALOT of power around here. There has been many things that he has said that are changed immediately. If you don't think so then you must be blind.

Shadow has followers. I guarantee you that he could snap his fingers and then a few of the newer players would snap to attention. A round similar to this comes to mind....hmmm, firetooth do you remember that round? How does it feel? Your being used again.

I'm going to assume you are talking about changes to the code or ingame rules for the first part of your post. Do you think maybe he just has good ideas? I mean.. look at FaF or Valhall, there are members on both of those sites who make a suggestion and it is either added or given a lot of thought. Not because they are favored, but because they make good suggestions.

As for his followers, having people in a game who support you can go by another name, friends. Hell Shadow and I barely even speak and if he told me about some of the things that happen in this game I would jump in in a heartbeat. It's not like he brainwashes people or tells anyone what to do, like he has said. I think Shadow would know the situation a little better than you or I.

CobyCopper

As a tiny bit of defense... everyone has the ability to diplomacy. Some people use it to get favors, some use it to put together clans to work together. Shadow is the same as anyone else around here--but he uses that diplomacy to give his allies an edge. Sorry, but diplomacy is a valid and useful skill around here.

The Lady Shael

Diplomacy is my only skill. XD
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

CobyCopper

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 26, 2008, 11:00:28 AM
Diplomacy is my only skill. XD
Diplomacy is a make-it-or-break-it skill in most strategy games--especially ones where you can carefully collaborate efforts. I've learned quite a bit from Shadow and got his input with a good number of things. The other thing is Shadow is a good player--and by being a good player will hold some influence in word and action.

Last round, Shadow approached me about setting market controls. We made up a set of rules for in-game market prices and then basically told our allies to follow them (so they'll be more effective) and then told some other people we thought it would pertain to, to follow them. Within about 24 hours, our rules were being completely enforced. A few days later, we updated the rules and those became effective.

Rules made by players in-game are hit or miss. If the player is respected or known for being powerful and has the right friends, the rule will likely be enforced. If the player is new or unskilled, it's unlikely that the rule will be enforced.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Death on June 26, 2008, 10:25:52 AM

I'm going to assume you are talking about changes to the code or ingame rules for the first part of your post. Do you think maybe he just has good ideas? I mean.. look at FaF or Valhall, there are members on both of those sites who make a suggestion and it is either added or given a lot of thought. Not because they are favored, but because they make good suggestions.

As for his followers, having people in a game who support you can go by another name, friends. [haties] Shadow and I barely even speak and if he told me about some of the things that happen in this game I would jump in in a heartbeat. It's not like he brainwashes people or tells anyone what to do, like he has said. I think Shadow would know the situation a little better than you or I.

What i am saying for the first bit is that there is always two sides to things and it seems like even if he is out numbered in that opinion than his changes are generally still made.

Shadow has had many slaves. He convinces people to do his bidding for him, many more then people know because he is clever enough to erase and hide his own tracks.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

lol, this is pretty amusing ally.
Its an online war-game, its not real(obviously) how does shadow get slaves?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

Quote from: Alazar is Back on June 27, 2008, 12:13:40 AM
Quote from: Death on June 26, 2008, 10:25:52 AM

As for his followers, having people in a game who support you can go by another name, friends. [haties] Shadow and I barely even speak and if he told me about some of the things that happen in this game I would jump in in a heartbeat. It's not like he brainwashes people or tells anyone what to do, like he has said. I think Shadow would know the situation a little better than you or I.

What i am saying for the first bit is that there is always two sides to things and it seems like even if he is out numbered in that opinion than his changes are generally still made.

Shadow has had many slaves. He convinces people to do his bidding for him, many more then people know because he is clever enough to erase and hide his own tracks.

The day I see proof I'll listen to this. Until then it's just one player saying baseless things about another, which I have seen for nearly half a decade.

Firetooth

eg.
death's obnoxious because they said "prick" in a context where it could mean anything.

That isn't evidence :P

likewise, saying shadow has slaves because they're respected isn't real proof...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Saladin

Quote from: Firetooth on June 27, 2008, 09:42:11 AM
eg.
death's obnoxious because they said "prick" in a context where it could mean anything.

That isn't evidence :P

likewise, saying shadow has slaves because they're respected isn't real proof...

I never said he has slaves, he just has people running around praising his word. Whether or not they agree with it, I don't know. It just seems that Shadow's "diplomacy" has turned into a mass pro-Shadow propaganda.
Starfish love you

Shade

Quote from: Saladin on June 27, 2008, 12:44:35 PM
I never said he has slaves, he just has people running around praising his word. Whether or not they agree with it, I don't know. It just seems that Shadow's "diplomacy" has turned into a mass pro-Shadow propaganda.

He has gained quite a few followers based on the Shade-is-evil-incarnate platform

Death

You guys are starting to sound a little jealous over the fact that he apparently gets along with people well and has people who agree with him.