Is it just me...

Started by The Obliterator, June 25, 2008, 07:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Death sounds right to me ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

like many people have said, Shadow doens't have followers, he has people who respect him, and a lot of friends.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Sharptooh on June 27, 2008, 01:38:10 PM
  like many people have said, Shadow doens't have followers, he has people who respect him, and a lot of friends.

You are one of those followers. You and a few others will agree with ANYTHING he or the even the general populas says just to try and stay in good favor. Get your own minds.

Quote from: Death on June 27, 2008, 01:17:09 PM
You guys are starting to sound a little jealous over the fact that he apparently gets along with people well and has people who agree with him.

No, not at all jealous. There are people who agree with me, and i am friends with many people here, including shadow at times. I am just stating what I am seeing with my own two eyes.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Death

So you can have allies on this game but Shadow cannot?

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Death on June 27, 2008, 04:51:27 PM
So you can have allies on this game but Shadow cannot?

Never once did i say that. Allies are key, but Shadow also seems to have people who will do anything that he says, people he uses. They will smarten up eventually.

Death

I don't see him using anyone, I see people who have common interests and some other people who are trying to make it out to be something it is not.

What you are saying is that you can work with people and it's fine, but when Shadow does he is using them.

CobyCopper

Allies are valuable--friends more-so. Just because you have an ally does not mean you have a friend. I define allies as people with common interests in mind--if two people want to get in the Top 5, they'll have an easier time doing so together versus trying to solo their way. Once they hit Top 5, they either stop working together or continue, but only to keep them both in the Top 5. On the other hand, friends are willing to do much more. They'll get each other out of trouble and help one person to a top spot.

The difference with Shadow and that band of friends is everyone can ask each other for help. It's a web, effectively. And that web can tangle around one or more people you don't like to keep them down while putting your own friends up.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Death on June 27, 2008, 04:57:19 PM
I don't see him using anyone, I see people who have common interests and some other people who are trying to make it out to be something it is not.

What you are saying is that you can work with people and it's fine, but when Shadow does he is using them.

God, i really dont feel like digging the topics up...There is proof, firetooth should remember it, and if he has any sense (and he finally realized it) Then he will remember it. He had firetooth beat shade down all one round, promising payment. Firetooth never received that payment. There are other instances. There is a big difference to me working with people. I have helped my allies win the last few rounds, whereas i have not won one in awhile.

Death

That is not using or manipulating someone into doing his bidding, that is requesting a service and then not coughing up the payment when time came around. Big difference.

Saladin

Quote from: Death on June 27, 2008, 05:10:50 PM
That is not using or manipulating someone into doing his bidding, that is requesting a service and then not coughing up the payment when time came around. Big difference.

But he has Firetooth along with others under his thumb. Look at my wat topic. Firetooth and others try to justify Shadow's actions, and not because they agreed with them...
Starfish love you

Alazar is Back

That was only one example. Like i said there are many more.

Death

I'm going to look around the forum for examples so I can get a better argument, or maybe even find something to change my mind, if any of you know where something juicy is right off hand do me a favor and PM it to me.

Saladin

Quote from: Alazar is Back on June 27, 2008, 05:13:41 PM

That was only one example. Like i said there are many more.

I understand that there are many more. I was just pointing out one fresh in my mind.
Starfish love you

Firetooth

rofl, and you're not used alazar? Trying to suck up to shade and the gang you insulted shade and copied snare, when it turned out shade thought the punishment was just along with snare and you were making a fool of yourself.
And shadow taught me alot of stratergies I use today, Id rather make the net myself then be mass-aided ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Firetooth on June 28, 2008, 02:16:53 AM
rofl, and you're not used alazar? Trying to suck up to shade and the gang you insulted shade and copied snare, when it turned out shade thought the punishment was just along with snare and you were making a fool of yourself.
And shadow taught me alot of stratergies I use today, Id rather make the net myself then be mass-aided ;)

Only problem is you do get mass aided.;) I am not used, we take out turns, soon enough it will be my turn. That is how a real team works. I did not insult shade and i did not copy snare. I dont care if i was "making a fool out of myself" because i just dont give a rats behind. Think what you want of me, i have no need to go around kissing butt and trying to be Mr. Popular. I have my friends and my allies, thats all that i need and its more than you will ever have.