Failure

Started by Alazar is Back, June 24, 2008, 10:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

A)you've tried getting around filters saladin, doesn't hypocrite mean anything...
b)death is from valhall. Nearly every post on their forums has a swear, so rwl forums are unusual to him, that warning was harsh.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Saladin

Quote from: Firetooth on June 26, 2008, 11:22:00 AM
A)you've tried getting around filters saladin, doesn't hypocrite mean anything...
b)death is from valhall. Nearly every post on their forums has a swear, so rwl forums are unusual to him, that warning was harsh.

1) Give me two (2) examples of where I attempt to get around the filters (pointing out what something means doesn't count).
2) You, my friend, are the hypocrite. Who has consistently sent "shut up" and "get out of my face," thrown insults around at others, and baited for the last few weeks? Firetooth has.
Starfish love you

Firetooth

Others started it. I was accused of spying when I wasnt even in the clan at the time, lol. :-*
hmm, ok. Ill look, btw, just to show you the extent of valhall swearing..
http://forums.valhallgames.net/viewtopic.php?t=11272
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

Who are you to tell me what I mean Saladin? I know exactly what I mean when I say things. I wasn't swearing, I wasn't being vulgar, it's not my fault that the only definition of the word you know is a slang term that is vulgar.

The Lady Shael

Leave it, Death didn't mean "prick" in that way. (If he said something like, "you have a small prick!", THEN he'd get a warning) Prick can also just mean an annoying person. Lifting the warning.

Firetooth, Saladin, calm down.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Saladin

Quote from: Death on June 26, 2008, 11:28:33 AM
Who are you to tell me what I mean Saladin? I know exactly what I mean when I say things. I wasn't swearing, I wasn't being vulgar, it's not my fault that the only definition of the word you know is a slang term that is vulgar.

Let me get this straight. When you said "I don't mean to sound like a prick, but what is being done? , you in fact were trying to say, "I don't mean to sound like a sharp point, but what is being done? "

C'mon Death, stop being so stubborn.
Starfish love you

Firetooth

lol, leave it saladin, sorry if I sound like a idiot, but death knows what he meant more then you do :P I cant be asked to get into another arguement over the word "sharp point"

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Saladin on June 26, 2008, 11:35:40 AM

Let me get this straight. When you said "I don't mean to sound like a prick, but what is being done? , you in fact were trying to say, "I don't mean to sound like a sharp point, but what is being done? "

Then you're implying he meant to say this:
"I don't mean to sound like male parts, but what is being done? "

How does that make any more sense?

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Death's version made more sense imAo
^.^
Anyway, cool down saladin, we're arguing over one word ::)

Death

This will be easier. A little English 101.

prick     Audio Help   /prɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[prik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.   a puncture made by a needle, thorn, or the like.
2.   a sharp point; prickle.
3.   the act of pricking: the prick of a needle.
4.   the state or sensation of being pricked.
5.   a sharp pain caused by or as if by being pricked; twinge.
6.   the pointed end of a prickspur.
7.   Slang: Vulgar.
a.   male organ.
b.   an obnoxious or contemptible person.
8.   Archaic. a goad for oxen.
9.   Obsolete. a small or minute mark, a dot, or a point.
10.   Obsolete. any pointed instrument or weapon.
–verb (used with object)
11.   to pierce with a sharp point; puncture.
12.   to affect with sharp pain, as from piercing.
13.   to cause sharp mental pain to; sting, as with remorse, anger, etc.: His conscience pricked him.
14.   to urge on with or as if with a goad or spur: My duty pricks me on.
15.   to mark (a surface) with pricks or dots in tracing something.
16.   to mark or trace (something) on a surface by pricks or dots.
17.   to cause to stand erect or point upward (usually fol. by up): The dog pricked his ears at the sound of the bell.
18.   Farriery.
a.   to lame (a horse) by driving a nail improperly into its hoof.
b.   to nick: to prick a horse's tail.
19.   to measure (distance, the size of an area, etc.) on a chart with dividers (usually fol. by off).
20.   Horticulture. to transplant (a seedling) into a container that provides more room for growth (usually fol. by out or off).
–verb (used without object)
21.   to perform the action of piercing or puncturing something.
22.   to have a sensation of being pricked.
23.   to spur or urge a horse on; ride rapidly.
24.   to rise erect or point upward, as the ears of an animal (usually fol. by up).
—Idioms
25.   kick against the pricks, to resist incontestable facts or authority; protest uselessly: In appealing the case again, you will just be kicking against the pricks.
26.   prick up one's ears, to become very alert; listen attentively: The reporter pricked up his ears at the prospect of a scoop.

Saladin

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 26, 2008, 11:38:12 AM
Quote from: Saladin on June 26, 2008, 11:35:40 AM

Then you're implying he meant to say this:
"I don't mean to sound like male parts, but what is being done? "

How does that make any more sense?

The correct version would be "I don't mean to sound like a P%ni$, but what is being done? "

Quote from: Death on June 26, 2008, 11:40:39 AM
This will be easier. A little English 101.

prick     Audio Help   /prɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[prik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.   a puncture made by a needle, thorn, or the like.
2.   a sharp point; prickle.
3.   the act of pricking: the prick of a needle.
4.   the state or sensation of being pricked.
5.   a sharp pain caused by or as if by being pricked; twinge.
6.   the pointed end of a prickspur.
7.   Slang: Vulgar.
a.   male organ.
b.   an obnoxious or contemptible person.
8.   Archaic. a goad for oxen.
9.   Obsolete. a small or minute mark, a dot, or a point.
10.   Obsolete. any pointed instrument or weapon.
–verb (used with object)
11.   to pierce with a sharp point; puncture.
12.   to affect with sharp pain, as from piercing.
13.   to cause sharp mental pain to; sting, as with remorse, anger, etc.: His conscience pricked him.
14.   to urge on with or as if with a goad or spur: My duty pricks me on.
15.   to mark (a surface) with pricks or dots in tracing something.
16.   to mark or trace (something) on a surface by pricks or dots.
17.   to cause to stand erect or point upward (usually fol. by up): The dog pricked his ears at the sound of the bell.
18.   Farriery.
a.   to lame (a horse) by driving a nail improperly into its hoof.
b.   to nick: to prick a horse's tail.
19.   to measure (distance, the size of an area, etc.) on a chart with dividers (usually fol. by off).
20.   Horticulture. to transplant (a seedling) into a container that provides more room for growth (usually fol. by out or off).
–verb (used without object)

21.   to perform the action of piercing or puncturing something.
22.   to have a sensation of being pricked.
23.   to spur or urge a horse on; ride rapidly.
24.   to rise erect or point upward, as the ears of an animal (usually fol. by up).
—Idioms
25.   kick against the pricks, to resist incontestable facts or authority; protest uselessly: In appealing the case again, you will just be kicking against the pricks.
26.   prick up one's ears, to become very alert; listen attentively: The reporter pricked up his ears at the prospect of a scoop.

*sighs* Fair enough.
Starfish love you

Saladin

I've got a quote for you Death:

"It's not what you say, it's what I hear."

-Someone
Starfish love you

Firetooth

Edit your other post please ;)

Death

I watch what I say on this forum because of the ages, it's not my fault you didn't know what I meant.

And this has been derailed like crazy.

Saladin

Quote from: Death on June 26, 2008, 03:31:22 PM
I watch what I say on this forum because of the ages, it's not my fault you didn't know what I meant.

And this has been derailed like crazy.

Yup yup. Might as well lock the topic.
Starfish love you