Failure

Started by Alazar is Back, June 24, 2008, 10:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

I am sorry to post this, but the staff has failed in preventing a kill fest. I am not posting this because of me (or any of my friends for that matter). There has still been far to many kills. If everyone is so hyped up on clan hopping being done away with than i think that this needs some fixing too.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Wolf Snare

Honestly, the clan hopping issue is only being made out to be such a big deal because the admins are trying to do something about it. I believe all of the kills, and the big dramatic speel from shadow, are directly stemmed from clan hopping issues. If it was left alone there would be no problems, guarenteed. Either that, or shadow cant retal in any other way, but I doubt the latter is entirely the reason.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Checkerpaw

Shadow needs to get over the clan hopping thing.  We get that he doesn't like it, but the current system is hardly a total failure that ruins the game.

And as for the kills -- I don't mind all the kills.  It makes the game more interesting and entertaining.  With that said, I'm sure I might think differently if I were the one being killed.
;)
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shadow

Quote from: Wolf Snare on June 24, 2008, 10:58:07 PM
Honestly, the clan hopping issue is only being made out to be such a big deal because the admins are trying to do something about it. I believe all of the kills, and the big dramatic speel from shadow, are directly stemmed from clan hopping issues. If it was left alone there would be no problems, guarenteed. Either that, or shadow cant retal in any other way, but I doubt the latter is entirely the reason.

wold bite you know I can, you already apologized about it over msn... don't continue it here after that. I simply don't have time at the moment to organize takedowns, and frankly I don't have enough repsect for people who clan hop to bother with anything other than kills.

From the look of things you are having trouble with clanless takedowns as well. The only difference is that I haven't tried to do one all set ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Death

Clan hopping has never been the most fair of noble tactic, but you have to admit, it works. If it's a big deal I would suggest making a poll, seeing what the general consensus is, then go from there with suggestions to fix it. It couldn't be hard, most Prom sites fixed it ages ago, so there is already a plethora of options to look at and possibly improve upon.

As for kills.. it's a war game.

Shadow

Quote from: Death on June 25, 2008, 10:23:49 AM
Clan hopping has never been the most fair of noble tactic, but you have to admit, it works. If it's a big deal I would suggest making a poll, seeing what the general consensus is, then go from there with suggestions to fix it. It couldn't be hard, most Prom sites fixed it ages ago, so there is already a plethora of options to look at and possibly improve upon.

As for kills.. it's a war game.

Shael has already stated that it will be fixed when she has time to do it and Peace has agreed, which could be in the fall when Peace gets back. So it is an admin acknowledged broken feature that clan hopping even works.

Death

Ah, thanks. So it's people taking advantage of the fact that it can't be fixed right now, and I guess people abusing it to fight the abusers?

I don't mean to sound like a prick, but what is being done? I mean this seems like an incredibly clear case of bug abuse, and not punishing those who have done it is encouraging others to do it.

Shadow

Quote from: Death on June 25, 2008, 11:20:49 AM
Ah, thanks. So it's people taking advantage of the fact that it can't be fixed right now, and I guess people abusing it to fight the abusers?

I don't mean to sound like a prick, but what is being done? I mean this seems like an incredibly clear case of bug abuse, and not punishing those who have done it is encouraging others to do it.

That's pretty much the basis of my entire argument, but Peace is gone, wolf isn't around much and Shael is busy, so there isn't much that can be done besides start kill fests and flame wars.

Firetooth

Give them net penalites or disable their accounts temporarily if they're running turns. Without this feature being broken, wrath wouldnt be in first at all, its shameful, I haven't unclanned all set, so I had no clue.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Alazar is Back

Next time if there is a bug than it needs to be posted. This is BS how in the world are we supposed to know if its a bug or not?
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Scarwake

Death this is your first warning.  Watch your language, we are a community to all ages and vulgarities will not be tolerated.

Alazar, while BS is less obscene do NOT use it again on the forums.

~Scarwake
~Mod duties
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Death

Did you get usernames mixed up? I didn't use any vulgar language.

And Alazar, well it was posted on the forum that the feature should work that way, and it was not. I think part of the problem is that people didn't report it right away.

Saladin

Prick = Male gena... you get it.
Starfish love you

Death

A prick is a sharp point. Get your head out of the gutter, hahah.

Saladin

Quote from: Death on June 26, 2008, 11:17:55 AM
A prick is a sharp point. Get your head out of the gutter, hahah.

Look at the context genius.

I don't mean to sound like a prick, but what is being done?

You clearly don't mean "sharp point."
Starfish love you