What does your firefox look like?

Started by ImperialPhoenix, June 24, 2008, 05:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

Someone persuaded me to try firefox 3, woa it's weird compared to IE 7, this could take some getting used to lol  :D
  Overall quite a good web browser, I could grow to like this, however I still prefer IE 8.

Gorak

IE is absolute crap

using it is like putting up a sign saying all spyware welcome
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Sharptooh

I've tried firefox and IE 8 and personaly I prefer IE, I don't get to many problems with spyware and I've never had a virus before, it seems safe enough to me.

Coral

What does IE have that is better than Firefox? Is it just the interface that you like?
Figure Apes are running about.
New here.

Death

Sharptooh

The intereface at the moment is the most important thing for me, I have many antispyware programs anyway so even if I do get some it doesn't matter + I have a fast internet anyway so that's not too much of a problem.
 At the moment I'm just scraping knowledge about internet browsers, I heard about firefox a while ago but didn't think much of it.

Please could someone tell me what firefox has that IE doesn't and which one is faster and why? Because at the mo I'm confused  ???

The Lady Shael

I saw some statistics that said Firefox 3 is 9.3 times faster than IE 8...don't remember where it was though...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Lol, I got bored so I used both at the same time xD
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

Quote from: Sharptooh on June 28, 2008, 02:25:58 PM
 The intereface at the moment is the most important thing for me, I have many antispyware programs anyway so even if I do get some it doesn't matter + I have a fast internet anyway so that's not too much of a problem.
 At the moment I'm just scraping knowledge about internet browsers, I heard about firefox a while ago but didn't think much of it.

Please could someone tell me what firefox has that IE doesn't and which one is faster and why? Because at the mo I'm confused  ???

If I remember correctly;

1. Firefox is faster
2. Firefox helps you steer clear of spyware
3. Firefox has more add-ons that can improve the interface, security, and general look of it.

Coral

Firefox has a myriad of plug-ins, add-ons, skins, you name it. Firefox complies to standards, IE barely does and was essentially forced. Standards compliance is important because it determines how webpages are displayed across different browsers. And why stayed plugged in to the Microsoft machine? Break away! Be free! *cough*
Look around the web for some benchmarking tools that can tell you how fast a browser renders webpages.
http://webkit.org/perf/sunspider-0.9/sunspider.html - javascript
and there are some others really easy to find.
Figure Apes are running about.
New here.

Sharptooh

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 28, 2008, 02:34:27 PM
I saw some statistics that said Firefox 3 is 9.3 times faster than IE 8...don't remember where it was though...

I saw some statistics which said that safari was 1.9 times faster than IE and 1.6 times faster than firefox, but then that was on the apple website, weird most of the statistics seem to be different

windhound

Yep Coral, I heard about the webkit nightlys...  but they dont seem to like my box.  I'm running OS X 10.3.9 right now, though I could upgrade to 10.4...  just havnt felt the need.  Firefox 3 also requires 10.4, but the latest camino is fine in 10.3.9
As 10.5 is out and 10.6 on the horizon I suppose most apps are going to drop support for 10.3.9 and force me to upgrade...  but eh, if it aint broke...

Adblock is a much appreciated firefox plugin as most of my hardware is elder (three of my boxes are 2001) and several heavy flash banners can bring a browser to its knees...  its about the only plugin I really use, though there are many many more that are useful for various things depending on what you use teh internets for

Also, I'd trust statistics from Apple as much as I'd trust statistics on smoking from a cigarette website
Use thirdparty sources that generally dont much care either way...  ie, unbias
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Saladin

Is Firefox the same thing as Mozilla Firefox?
Starfish love you

windhound

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Saladin

Starfish love you