What happened?

Started by Saladin, June 23, 2008, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

It's a noble action, but people exploit bugs all the time. This isn't the first time it's happened, and it's not the worst bug that's been exploited. It'll keep happening, there's nothing we can do about it except fix the bugs we know about and move on. Like I said earlier (and Snare has also been saying), this wasn't even an issue until we tried to fix it.

The players won't stop abusing it because you refuse to play. Clan hopping won't be an issue next Turbo round because clans are mandatory and locked, but you won't be here for the start of it anyway. =/
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Quote from: Alazar is Back on June 24, 2008, 10:24:01 PM
The truth hurts. ;)
Gonna ignore that.
FEE was abused by a bug until it literally imploded, check the top ten if you want ::)
http://www.fireemblemworld.com/feempires/promisance.php?action=top10

"dumpas" and "bugger off" are what Im refering to.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 25, 2008, 09:49:53 AM
It's a noble action, but people exploit bugs all the time. This isn't the first time it's happened, and it's not the worst bug that's been exploited. It'll keep happening, there's nothing we can do about it except fix the bugs we know about and move on. Like I said earlier (and Snare has also been saying), this wasn't even an issue until we tried to fix it.

The players won't stop abusing it because you refuse to play. Clan hopping won't be an issue next Turbo round because clans are mandatory and locked, but you won't be here for the start of it anyway. =/

I've exploited the bug too this round, to my shame. If I can't stay competitive without doing that, I choose not to compete. I hope you don't take that personally.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

I have no choice but to take it personally. If you don't play next round, I will be very very unhappy. And that goes for everyone.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Shadow

Please see my reply in the Shael is not happy topic. I would be happy to play a peaceful game teaching people, yourself included if i can convince you to keep playing. The earliest I could possible rejoin is July 4, although i won't be able to be active until the 8th or later.

I have no wish to let my pride offend you, so I will play for your sake. I am starting to realize that much of my argument is an indirect attack at you for not doing something sooner, and I apologize, that was never my intention.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

I think shael is awsome and put so much work into the forums and ingame. I think though that this argument about clan hopping is altogether rediculous. It has been around for so many years and now of all times people choose to bring it up and make a big deal of it.

I think it would have benn way more fun to have played with the oldbies as they didnt complain the forums to bits.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Firetooth on June 25, 2008, 10:19:17 AM
"dumpas" and "bugger off" are what Im refering to.

Whats bad about that?

Quote from: The Obliterator on June 25, 2008, 05:24:37 PM
I think shael is awsome and put so much work into the forums and ingame. I think though that this argument about clan hopping is altogether rediculous. It has been around for so many years and now of all times people choose to bring it up and make a big deal of it.

I think it would have benn way more fun to have played with the oldbies as they didnt complain the forums to bits.

Word.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Saladin

Bugger off = F%$# off
Starfish love you

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Saladin on June 25, 2008, 06:16:56 PM
Bugger off = F%$# off

Well i learned something today then, because i honestly thought it was just a saying referring to bugs and being annoying....

The Lady Shael

Personally I'm alright with "bugger off"...it's less obscene than the alternative.

But it's still rude, and I don't recommend using it on the forums.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 25, 2008, 07:23:21 PM
Personally I'm alright with "bugger off"...it's less obscene than the alternative.

But it's still rude, and I don't recommend using it on the forums.

Fair enough now that i understand what it means i will not use it again.