Bounty

Started by Saladin, June 08, 2008, 09:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomaskreisman

I am not gay but I am a little bit homophobic

wolf bite

I live not far from Hollywood. Nowadays people think it is strange if you are not gay. Hehe. I have 2 gay brothers, tons of both lesbian and gay friends. I even have a friend who is a well known female impersonator. In all my time with all these gay friends, not once has one made a pass at me. It is a myth that just because someone is gay that they are also promiscuous. I believe this is where a lot of the phobia comes from, thinking being around a gay person means they want to push their beliefs on you. But just because you are straight and have a friend of the opposite gender does not mean they are only your friend in the hopes to date you. The same goes with gay people, they just like having friends because they are people too.

But yeah, in grammar school and a bit of junior high school being called gay was the ultimate insult. I felt so sorry for the kids that the bullies would pick and label gay, even if they were not leaning that way, their school life was destroyed. I feel sorry for the twin brothers mentioned above. Because they have been labeled gay, no guys will want to be their friend because the same label will be put on the friend.

On our forum we have representatives from many religions, lots of races, and all kinds of home environments. The interesting thing about our people is that we have a very high rate of people going on to college. Something about our site is that it attracts intelligent and thoughtful people. I take great pride in all our members.

Wolf Bite
Edit:
I thought I should add (for Austin) that I also have a friend that is a full catholic priest (he played a few sets here under the name of Leader). Likewise I am NOT catholic. Not once has he tried to convert me to his religion. I am sure that some parts of my life would not meet with his very strict viewpoint of the world. Sometimes people just want a good friend.
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

Intesting post wolf :)

I feel a bit sorry for those twins, there identical, only one is gay but the other gets blamed as well just cos they're identical.
However, when they pull down boys trowsers, the sympathy doesn't go far when they get decked ::)

I agree, it's like just cos you date a woman if you have a woman friend you want to date them ::)

Also, in the simpsons episode with weird al, homer turns gay. It gives you a negative images of gays (they love all men and are pansys)Popular culture doesn't help...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Scarwake

Gay, straight, bisexual or transgendered.  No person should have to live in fear in their day-to-day life.  If you are homophobic...keep your comments to yourself about the gay community especially here.  Its the easiest way to avoid conflict, and in response to those that think they could be getting hit on by someone that is gay...the only thing you need to say to that person is "Sorry, but I am not gay and it would be better if we were just friends."

We are all people and nobody deserves to be abused because of who they are.  If someone were to come out to you, its not because they like you its because you are their friend and they feel that they could trust you.  They don't want it announced all over God's green earth that they are gay.  That is their place to inform who they choose that they are gay.

Basically, what I am saying is that it all comes down to the simple matter of showing respect to everyone and it does not matter what background they come from or religious views they may have or ethnicity or color of skin.  Show respect to all and treat everyone with the kindness that you wish to be treated with.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

General Austin

back on topic...

hahahaha...gotcha back smile clan! except i think we were on a truce, so I'm off to the land of the clanless to avoid sparking another war.

Firetooth

Tough luck, your ex-clan is gonna get stompled, I cant stop that. Im sure your old clan will be rushing with arms open to greet you after the end of this ;)
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

General Austin

lol, good point...perhaps unneeded kills doesn't keep a whole lot of friends. You've got to admit, it's pretty fun though. Both our clans have enjoyed the thrill, you've got to admit. In actuality, I caught you at about 400 acres...Juskabally took most of your land, and told me he was going to finish you off the next morning if I hadn't. Looks like you've made more than just one enemy this round...=/

Firetooth

I dunno, but Im away for one day and my ally is killed ::)

Juska

He stole my money, so I hit him.

He then promised to kill me, and didn't.

I can handle people stealing my money, what I don't like is people who don't keep their promises.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19