Bounty

Started by Saladin, June 08, 2008, 09:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

Tom you shouldn't jump to conclusions, he simply mailed you saying he was gay, he could have been joking, he says on his page, I muck around a lot.
  I admit I would see someone differently if I found out they were a homosexual, but I would try hard not to offend them.

I think we all make mistakes, maybe you should just delete the post Tom and never do that again, then we can all forget this, otherwise everyone will get annoyed.

wolf bite

(Understands that the topic is way off topic. However feels that the turn of discussion at this point is justified. Does not move or split topic.)

However this topic is ONLY open to discussion concerning prejudice and discrimination. If anyone wants to talk about the view points of the evangelist or gay rights, then I point to the ultra moderated discussion forum.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

Aww, can't we just all be friends? Peace makes the world go round?(Im not a hippy ::))

C'mon, we've all said stupid things. *snigers at a message from last round*

Can't we just forgive and forget, I admit, Im one to talk and insult alot of people, but can't we just stop insulting each other because of simple things like spelligs.*eyes checkerpaw* ;)

Edit: Incase you didn't get the puncline I bolded it :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Saladin

Quote from: General  Austin on June 13, 2008, 09:45:52 AM
Yeehaw, Thomas! Way to add to everyone's prejudice against evangelicals!! No, no, wait!! I'll tell them that they should all smear pig's blood on their firstborn! And whoever doesn't do that can't be in MY clan!!

Yes, evangelicals believe that homosexuality is a sin. But this sin is no worse than cheating someone in a deal, or taking God's name in vain- evangelicals just blow it up into this huge thing because it's a political rallying cry, IMO. My mother has worked with helping people who want to get out of the gay lifestyle at my old church, and I know it's not something as simple as "choice". I believe that through God's healing power it can change, and has changed people. But I know that alot of this stuff is based on a faith in a Christian God that most of you don't subscribe to, so this reasoning is impossible to justify in a forum like this. I will not respond to any flames, or comments on this because I'm not trying to justify Tom's position, or the position of the evangelicals. I'm trying to show that while we view it as a sin, we care about the people, we don't judge them, and we understand that it's not as simple as a "Oh, I think I'll stop now" moment.

..-sigh-..you guys do realize that saying thing like "god-damne evangelical friends" is just as bad as thomas saying "god-damne gay friends"?

No. His homophobic comments were unprovoked and uncalled for. My insult was a mere retort.
Starfish love you

Checkerpaw

I'm amazed that no one has yet (publicly, anyway) thought of the possibility that this Thomas chap is acting this way not because he's actually a Christian, but because he's trying to be funny and get a rise out of people.  I mean, come on.  His post on the previous page was so over the top it's the first thing people should have thought of.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Firetooth

Nah, he's not, Im sure. ;) Still, bravo for the thought :D
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Saladin

Quote from: Checkerpaw on June 13, 2008, 03:22:22 PM
I'm amazed that no one has yet (publicly, anyway) thought of the possibility that this Thomas chap is acting this way not because he's actually a Christian, but because he's trying to be funny and get a rise out of people.  I mean, come on.  His post on the previous page was so over the top it's the first thing people should have thought of.

Insulting gays is not a way to get a rise out of people... just a way for you to become hated and get the $#^# beaten out of.
Starfish love you

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Saladin on June 13, 2008, 03:26:31 PM
Quote from: Checkerpaw on June 13, 2008, 03:22:22 PM

Insulting gays is not a way to get a rise out of people... just a way for you to become hated and get the $#^# beaten out of.

There's quite a bit of overlap in those things ....
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Firetooth

Well saladin, at my school, were you gay you'd get beaten up :P Not saying gays dont deserve equal rights, just some people can't accept gays.
Back on to my topic.

Let's be friends! :P

Saladin

Quote from: Firetooth on June 13, 2008, 03:28:30 PM
Well saladin, at my school, were you gay you'd get beaten up :P Not saying gays dont deserve equal rights, just some people can't accept gays.
Back on to my topic.

Let's be friends! :P

Even though it's hypothetical, I'm not gay.

Here in NJ, people don't take kindly to others insulting gays. in some schools, people will get beat up FOR insulting gays.
Starfish love you

thomaskreisman

I would never accuse saladin of being gay unless he downright said it and admited it and as for General Austin, he is right because in the bible it states that no sin is greater than another.

Go Austin!

Firetooth

I didn't say you were gay saladin ;) American and British culture are different.
Hehehe, someone pushed someone, then walked off, then two people beat the person who got pushed up, then the person who pushed got in trouble? Shows how justice is warped...

Sharptooh

Quote from: Saladin on June 13, 2008, 03:31:03 PM
Here in NJ, people don't take kindly to others insulting gays. in some schools, people will get beat up FOR insulting gays.

Well it's a different story here in England, there are two, (supposedly) gay twins in the year above me, thay are continually made fun of, bullied, beaten up and made fun of, being gay here is a sentence to being bullied, it's obviously different in NJ though.

Just to clarify, I am not gay, and I'm not a homophobic.

Saladin

Quote from: Sharptooh on June 13, 2008, 04:35:54 PM
Quote from: Saladin on June 13, 2008, 03:31:03 PM

Well it's a different story here in England, there are two, (supposedly) gay twins in the year above me, thay are continually made fun of, bullied, beaten up and made fun of, being gay here is a sentence to being bullied, it's obviously different in NJ though.

Just to clarify, I am not gay, and I'm not a homophobic.

This is only a few parts of Northern NJ. And NJ is the only state remotely like this. Most parts of the U.S. are as screwed up as England in the homophobic world.
Starfish love you

Shadow

Quote from: Juska on June 12, 2008, 07:57:41 AM
Well, they are still dead set against killing anyway. The market has no movement either, at least on turbo, so I'm not sure what kind a major indy movement there is.

Completely off topic, but I think the lack of market movement is due to the wierd setup we have now. I've been trying to get it changed back to something resembling the traditional prom market, but to no avail. I think the reason for this is that there is no defense in RWL, so the people with cash (leaderers) have no reason to buy troops beyond what they need to break people for land, which in most cases is almost nothing. Before the market can have any major role in the game, defense needs to make a comeback, which calls for almost complete restructuring of the game, so I doubt it will happen.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..