I'm confused?

Started by Sharptooh, June 06, 2008, 03:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

Ok I'm a little confused.... basically I set off to this game thinking ok no murders etc, but I'm too easily influenced, which is stupid I admit myself, I won't say who this is you can probably guess.
  You remember snare the time I got killed for murdering you, well that wasn't my idea, doesn't mean it wasn't m fault though, it was, basically someone I would consider experienced said mr to me, yeah murder him off it will be fine, don't worry.
  Then another time mr x said to me, "steal it will be fine, don't worry," there have been other times he's influenced me.....

Could I get some help here, when are murders and steal and poisons justified!!!! some experienced players tell me, it will be fine don't worry, where as others say, what where you thinking you idiot, this will not go unoticed

I'm really confused, could somene please tell me when they are justified  :-[

Try to guess who mr x is, I might just tell you if you get it right

Firetooth

Generally, do what you think is right. If another far more experienced player tells you too do something judge yourself if their right.
Unless someone literally has no defences and incredibly high net or loads of cash in the open etc. Id say don't do anything.
If your provoked, do whatever you like. This is what I'd do anyway.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Offensive missions for destroying net are only for retaliationg when someone does it to you, or to take down someone who is locking land or otherwise affecting your own gameplay in a negative way. Sometimes at the end of the round to take down the guy in first. In the course of normal gameplay, they are not acceptable, especially against someone like kell who has most of the oldbies in the game backing him.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sharptooh

Ok just to clear this up, you can murder someone as long as it is at the end of a turbo round..... I understand everything else, but this makes no sense to me?

Shadow

Well no, you will still piss them off badly, but sometimes it's the only way you can win yourself or have the person you want win. The last few days of turbo are often very bloody.

Firetooth

*remembers storehouse round*
Thats a beautiful example. Windy and Alazar were completely ruined. Just when it looked like feng would win, sharptooth murdered him <_<
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Quote from: Shadow on June 06, 2008, 03:38:37 PM
Well no, you will still piss them off badly, but sometimes it's the only way you can win yourself or have the person you want win. The last few days of turbo are often very bloody.

Oh ok I get it now.

So basically, don't damage someone unless you have a really good reason or they did it to you first, it is justifyable to damage someone at the end of the round but they'll probably get you back next round, ok I think I get it, anything else I need to know?

Firetooth

Extra hints:
NEVAH mess with SEVAH!
Nevah mess with a whiner: The insults in return are pathetic ;)

This is my new favourite online pic :)

Sharptooh

A very helpful post firetooth.
  but I would never even think of trying to damage seva, he would own me as he knows every strat ever though up, lol.
  Seriously though, when would a steal be accountable? I know most people did them last round, and I know a few people have tried this round, when are they justifyable?

Shadow

Firetooth

Sevah:
Achievements: Running 10 mutlies on the same server.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Shadow on June 06, 2008, 03:29:03 PM
Offensive missions for destroying net are only for retaliationg when someone does it to you, or to take down someone who is locking land or otherwise affecting your own gameplay in a negative way. Sometimes at the end of the round to take down the guy in first. In the course of normal gameplay, they are not acceptable ....

Offensive missions are fair game for everyone against anyone.  It's funny how some people make a big deal out of those, however, when -- as Ashyra pointed out in another thread --- dozens of attacks against a single opponent in a run has become the norm.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shadow

Dozens of attacks don't do any permanent damage and directly benefit the attacker, whereas offensive missions cause permanent damage at no gain to the attacker, which makes it personal.

Ashyra Nightwing

As... I think Ragefur... put it so well -This is Redwall: WARlords, not Redwall: Happy Pony Raising. Attack who you like, do what you want... Be prepared for retaliation, though.

Shadow

Exactly. And in the case of Sharptooh, he isn't prepared for the retaliation that the oldbies can dish out, so he should not do anything foolish.