Race Ladder theme

Started by The Lady Shael, May 28, 2008, 07:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobyCopper

Quote from: wolf bite on May 28, 2008, 10:04:16 PM
Ummmm, but these races are NOT the same as the ones we normally use. All strats should work with any race. Each race is better than the last one (that is all we will say). Oh, and each time your race changes, go to General's Hut to check what leader magic you have.

Wolf Bite
You mean all major strategies should work.

wolf bite

The attributes should work for all strats. But yeah, if your sub-strat is dependent on a type of Leader mission and that mission may or may not be given with the race change, then no.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

Umm so basically you could leader with a rat and indy with a marten?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

taekwondokid42

easily! just not effectively.

Firetooth

No because the races are different I think both indy AND leader will be effective.
This will give indiers higher defences, for once they've been given a defence boost :o
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

wolf bite

Some people still seem to be confused on this set up. Let me make it clearer.

The race names are just names. They are not the same as in other games.

I can not give out what each race does. But I can tell about the first race and give an example of what is going on.

Each race on the race graph has red (negative) and green (positive) attributes and some form of magic. Everyone started this game as a Pained One that is EVEN in all attributes. The next race (no matter what name we use) will have all Attributes slightly better (green) and some magic. Each race change will have the attributes and magic grow. Never is any attributes going to go down (red).

Attributes changes things such as how much loyally you make, how much it costs to feed your army, How well your markets and foragers work, how much mercs cost, etc.  Each change in this theme will have all the attributes better for your playing. You will make more loyalty, cost less to feed your army, Your markets and foragers will be more productive, and your merc prices will go down, etc ....  By the end of this round, everyone will be very powerful.

No matter what strategy you are using, you will be more powerful with each race change. The only part of this that may affect a sub strategy is if you are depending on some type of magic, because the race may not have the magic you want.

Enjoy,

Wolf Bite
Edit: added more
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Firetooth

Thanks for verifying wolf, I was one of the confused ;)

The Lady Shael

Yep, also (spoiler), none of the next race names are race names that are currently being used in-game. Painted One was the only one. Just so you guys won't get them confused with the real races. ^_~
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Cool, you guys have been working really hard. *firetooh and his phoenix avatar salute the hard working admins*

wolf bite

Oh, and if someone starts late, they do not start with painted one, they jump up to whatever race everyone else is to make this fair for late starters.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Marell

Going by game time, its now the 1st of June, and we're still all Painted Ones  :-\

Firetooth

Alazar is Back

Is there a race guide we can look at or is everything 0's?
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

each change gives a 10% bonus in the positive direction, be that up or down.

Although i am curious... are merc prices going to rise or fall? Because both are good depending on the strat.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Actually, there are two attributes that get worse as they get higher, Cash and Mercs. Cash is how much cash is needed to upkeep your army, and Mercs is the price of mercs. Right now, both of those are 0.975, and they will get steadily lower as everything else gets higher. I just need to find a better way to display that information...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.