Race Ladder theme

Started by The Lady Shael, May 28, 2008, 07:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

In case you haven't read your mailbox:

The theme for this round is Race Ladder (created by wolf!). Every three days, the race of everyone will be changed (at midnight, game time) to something a little more powerful, with a different ability.

You can check the Manage Army page to see the blank list of races and stats that will be filled out as the round goes on. =) The "Stats" column refers to every single race bonus. So Painted One is set to what it is normally set to, 1.00 for all bonuses. The ability will change too with the race (no amazing awesome new abilities, sorry =p)

The anti-killing measures we have put up are:
-Standard attack only after 500 acres
-an extra cost of 10 health for attack under 100 acres

This may change as the round goes on, as the admins see fit. Details about cities will be added later.

Here are the dates that race changes will occur (all at midnight, as in 12:00 AM of that day):
June 1st (evening of May 31st)
June 4th
June 7th
June 10th
June 13th
June 16th
June 19th
June 22nd
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

lonewolf1817

why are u making it harder to hurt ppl.... why dont u just put us padded room and leave us there....

personal opinion ~ make turbo a more agressive game where people dying and people loosing all there hard earned work is the norm.

idea for next round.- make the attack % greater as the person rises in rank.
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Shadow

Kills drive new players away. Kills are something that should only be done in retaliation to major offensives. Now kills actually take skill, do it's unlikely new players will be able to ruin it for others.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

And just a heads up, if you are really pissed at someone, you do not need to kill them to destroy everything they have worked to get all round.

Just thought you'd like to know.

And, I love the idea of race ladders.

lonewolf1817

you guys arnt getting he point.... im saying without loss and hardship, the games kinda like kindergarten and everything is very politicaly correct and we dont wanta hurt anyones feelings.....
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

taekwondokid42

YOU aren't getting the point. The changes are not to stop hardship and loss. It's to stop death.

If you log on and find that someone stole 85% of your cash, destroyed 70% of your army, 90% of your food, and/or took everything you had off the market, would you consider that hardship? Especially if you had been storing some of that stuff since the beginning of the round. Note the lack of death.

lonewolf1817

um..... its happened to me... and u know what i say... "my own fault, i then go back and examin what i did to alow myself to get hurt. Its a learning experinces and my lack there of made me deserve it.

wolf bite

I had promo-ed this theme last month. It just took a bit longer to get it up. Your staff (mostly sheal) has done a lot of work to make this one work.

Enjoy!!!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

taekwondokid42

Wolf Bite!

Your back! (at least this is the first I noticed)

windhound

Eh.  Kills are bad.  Most people who kill others are low-skill players who are frustrated they cant keep up.
Kills never took skill.  Now they take more effort.  View it as a dumbing down if you want, the point of the game is to compete against others, not destroy them.  If your goal is to kill others honestly I dont want you playing here.  There are kill friendly promis, go there.

Looks like a fun round, thanks Shael, Wolf
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Saladin

This is just the thing I was hoping for! Now I'll be exposed to new strats and races.
Starfish love you

wolf bite

Ummmm, but these races are NOT the same as the ones we normally use. All strats should work with any race. Each race is better than the last one (that is all we will say). Oh, and each time your race changes, go to General's Hut to check what leader magic you have.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Wolf Snare

This should be an awesome round! great thinking  :P
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Alazar is Back

Im excited to play this round, sweet idea.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Nice idea. I think it will be confusing for new players and have mucked up my food massing plans, but eh, now I get to try out some new strats.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.