What's Steak?
0 (0%)
You look funny!
2 (12.5%)
With syrup and icecream
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Wolf Snare

To be honest, I love my meat. However, being a vegitarian isn't as hard as some may think. In reality, most fake meats taste nearly the same. My older sister is a vegitarian, and one time she made tacos with her fake meat. I stumbled along and ate it up; couldnt notice much difference. Of course, if you are stubborn and refuse to try the lifestyle, then of course the thought of eating the fake stuff is repulsive, but in all honesty if you are unsuspecting, it tastes all the same, even to a meat lover.

medium rare, BTW.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

windhound

Yeah, I r vegetarian
The only time its really a problem is eating out.  Some places like Chilies will sub in black bean paddies for their sandwiches, which are really good.  Some places like McDonalds add meat to products you wouldnt expect, like their french fries. 
Taco bell is good fast food, Burger King has veggie burgers now.  Its not all that hard, you just have to be aware.

MorningStar Farms sells good vegitarian meat-like products, like burgers, hotdogs, corndogs, etc. 

but yeah
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Alazar is Back

Quote from: windhound on May 29, 2008, 08:19:26 PM
Yeah, I r vegetarian
The only time its really a problem is eating out.  Some places like Chilies will sub in black bean paddies for their sandwiches, which are really good.  Some places like McDonalds add meat to products you wouldnt expect, like their french fries. 
Taco bell is good fast food, Burger King has veggie burgers now.  Its not all that hard, you just have to be aware.

MorningStar Farms sells good vegitarian meat-like products, like burgers, hotdogs, corndogs, etc. 

but yeah

Without offending you, may i ask why you are a vegetarian? If "fake" burgers and stuff taste nearly the same then that must mean that you would also like the real thing...
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Saladin

Quote from: windhound on May 29, 2008, 08:19:26 PM
Yeah, I r vegetarian

but yeah

No offense intended, but you are a sad, sad person living without meat.
Starfish love you

windhound

Just curious, could you kill a chicken, defeather, carve, cook, and eat it?  How about a cow? (minus the de-feather, replace with skin)

I know for a fact I could not.
If you can eat something that tastes almost exactly like meat without killing animals, why not? 
Your general mass-produced meat comes from animals treated like crap.  Birds were not meant to live their lives in cages, nor mammals in stalls. 
Plus its generally cheaper...  Steak costs a pretty penny. 

But I've just been a vegetarian all my life. via my mom.  I'm 21, and could now change if I wanted but I dont see the reason to.  Vegetarianism is becoming more mainstream and so its fairly easy to find a variety of good meatless food that doesnt involve slaughterhouses. 

(btw, I do not endorse PETA.  bunch of slimy hypocrites)
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Alazar is Back

Yeah i could. I hunt for deer(whitetail).

After you shoot it, you have to gut it then you skin it then you butcher it. Man i sure do love fresh tenderloins right after you cut them out :P

I understand your reasoning windy, but if we didnt slaughter the animals then we would definetly have an abundance of them. Here in MN where i love there is an abundance of deer, which is why we can shoot multiple deer ever season....
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

windhound

Oh, I'm fine with killing for animal control reasons.  Most meat isnt though.

I mean, I've got the only truck in my family so it fell to me to haul deer carcasses last season
I live in a fairly rural area with a good amount of farmers.  The farmers dont kill what they can't use themselves.  But they dont mind taking out a few more deer if they have people to take them, as the deer can be hell on their crops.  We feed them to our dogs.

Ashyra Nightwing

Don't like steak. I don't really like meat, I just don't like the taste. I'll eat it though.

Gorak

I kill moose for one reason,

their good eating!

I don't try and moralize it, no spin.
I like hunting, I like eating what I kill
I like meat

I have no troubles killing an animal, skinning, butchering, cooking and eating it.
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Martin the warrior

yah i have no problem with eating animals (if cleaned and cooked obviously) mmmm... dead cow.
Who thinks that I am dead
Knows naught at all.
I-- am that is.
Two mice within Redwall.
The Warrior sleeps twixt Hall and Cavern Hole.
I-- am that is.
Take on my mighty role.