This months turbo awards

Started by Firetooth, May 25, 2008, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Ya, but not being attacked doesn't just happen...

I think you're right though, this round was perfect to be passive. And interesting to know what when we rely on the market like this, there is a whole new palette of strategies available, some of which don't even require attacking! And some that do, if you consider the amount of extortion that went on this round.

I am definately hoping we can do this theme again. I was thinking that the next time i do a Super-Market (ahahaha) round, i will make it so that the % of troops the market takes goes into public mercinaries. Thus prices will have somewhat of a regulated price, one that won't exist without frequent market use, and one that could only possible account for 20% of the total market...

Shadow

I didn't like this round. Far too unbalanced in favor of cashers. As me and Bob showed at the end, a few smart chasers can completely shut down the market in a matter of days if they want to, or as Cody showed, make 4bil net jumps in under a week. Indy is completely weak as a finishing strat no matter how easy it is to mass, and food massing takes second place.

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Saladin on May 27, 2008, 08:55:25 PM
Boo Rah! Over 1,000,000,000 solo net. I am the noob king!
Nice job saladin! My record indy was about 1.3bil and indy was far less underpowered that round ;)

I didn't like this round, ah well. Next round I'll be a wolf. Never tried food massing properly yet.

Tom, Snare and Shadow are both good players. I would't like to choose which ones better, they've worked toegther before in the past(They helped PA to empship on reg and they worked toegther and with only about 200mil n.w from me and bob they won the storehouse round)

hehehe, Snare I understand you usually back up what you say, that one bit of speech just sounded sevahish. Im not making any claims on your actual ability. You're one of the best players currently playing rwl hands down.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

CobyCopper

Quote from: Shadow on May 27, 2008, 10:18:34 PM
I didn't like this round. Far too unbalanced in favor of cashers. As me and Bob showed at the end, a few smart chasers can completely shut down the market in a matter of days if they want to, or as Cody showed, make 4bil net jumps in under a week. Indy is completely weak as a finishing strat no matter how easy it is to mass, and food massing takes second place.

Totally agree. I didn't even cash for over a week and I was still able to increase cash by 40%, counting the infusion a few days ago--all by controlling the market. I would have rather shut down the market for the last week, but we decided against it as we too used troops, and didn't want to pay an arm and a leg to some other players.

In short, if we do a round like this again, I would say we have 84.5% or 88.4% of troops able to be marketed at a time (0.155 from mercs times 0.75 from market. Other than that it was relatively balanced, though much in favor of Martens, Wolves, and other leader races.

Sharptooh

Quote from: Saladin on May 27, 2008, 08:55:25 PM
Boo Rah! Over 1,000,000,000 solo net. I am the noob king!
Nice one Saladin you should be proud :) I got around that in my first turbo round but I'd be playing regular for a few months unlike you.

Saladin

Starfish love you

thomaskreisman

nice saladin

my net sucks hahaha

I realy don't care anymore with the re-set in a couple of hours and this was my first indy round and I was doing indy all wrong and hopefuly I can get it right next round

Firetooth

Good luck tom, Im sure alazar can teach you better then me, but if you want help just message me.

I agree sharptooth, I got net from land for at least 3rounds so he should be proud.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Saladin

Yeah, Bob-Sama is gonna teach me how to do leaders this run.
Starfish love you