Greatest Genre ever

Started by Saladin, May 21, 2008, 04:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is (are) the greatest musical genre ever?

Classic Rock
9 (75%)
Ska
1 (8.3%)
R&B
1 (8.3%)
Jazz
3 (25%)
Blues
2 (16.7%)
Motown
0 (0%)
Punk
1 (8.3%)
Reggae
0 (0%)
Circus Punk
1 (8.3%)
Hardcore
0 (0%)
Death Metal
2 (16.7%)
Black Metal
2 (16.7%)
Thrash Metal
3 (25%)
Crappy Emo music
1 (8.3%)
Rock
3 (25%)
Irish Folk
1 (8.3%)
Folk Punk
1 (8.3%)
Pop
2 (16.7%)
British Invasion
2 (16.7%)
Ethnic Punk
1 (8.3%)
Country
1 (8.3%)
Rap
0 (0%)
Old School Rap
1 (8.3%)
Hip Hop
0 (0%)
Swing
2 (16.7%)
Bebop
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Saladin

Starfish love you

Ashyra Nightwing

Where are:

'lame indie'
'real indie'
&
'the prog rock'

...?

:P

Martin the warrior

there is no such thing as lame rock  :P
Who thinks that I am dead
Knows naught at all.
I-- am that is.
Two mice within Redwall.
The Warrior sleeps twixt Hall and Cavern Hole.
I-- am that is.
Take on my mighty role.

Ashyra Nightwing

Saladin

Indie! I knew I forgot something!
Starfish love you

Alazar is Back

Rock and classical rock owns everything, you also forgot classical country, you forgot many but thats ok because there is so many genres of music!!!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Gen. Volkov

Classic Rock owns all for sure.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

bjornredtail

Hummm... Most interesting. Many variates of rap, rock, punk and metal, but not one for so-called 'classical' music. I think I shall abstain from voting as a result. That, and I never really figured out what the distinction between pop, rock, punk and metal really is anyways.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Gen. Volkov

Well, can you even consider classical music a single genre? Besides which, while there is some truly great classical music, such as Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, etc., there is also that section of it which is just horrible to listen too.

By the way, if you listen to Slayer and then Death Cab for Cutie, I guarantee you'd know the difference between the two.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

bjornredtail

Not really... I would break it down by era, or by type.
Eras being: Medieval and before, Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, the early 20th Century (everything up to Shostakovich) and contemporary.
Types: Concertos, Chamber music, symphonies, tone poems and other symphonic works, songs (solo), works for choirs, unaccompanied works.

Btw, I for one cannot stand Mozart. Not entirely sure why.. but I just don't like his music.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Marell

Its gotta be the three metal's for me....death, black and thrash, each as good as each other.
Obviously from the votes there aren't many who agree with me. Any other big metal fans here at redwall?
Still, good to see thrash metal getting a few votes - Metallica = Best band ever (my opinion).

Bjornredtail it hurt me to read that comment about not being able to distinguish between pop and metal lol.

Arguia Zsah

pippin the mighty

Standing up for emos, as I have a few friends of them, it isn't fair to say it is 'Crappy'. It is basicly rock, but just changed a little, that's all.

Sharptooh

soo many too choose from...

Martin the warrior

Who thinks that I am dead
Knows naught at all.
I-- am that is.
Two mice within Redwall.
The Warrior sleeps twixt Hall and Cavern Hole.
I-- am that is.
Take on my mighty role.