To clarify

Started by Death, May 15, 2008, 06:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death

I have been sent some things, and apparently some people think I have been playing here. So I'd like to just state to avoid confusion, that I played RWL for 1 day a couple of years ago, and 1 day a few months ago. Not this set, not last set, no full set, never.

wolf bite

... which makes one wonder how a person that does not play our game has such strong feelings concerning our code and the abilities of our members.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

bjornredtail

Well, it's quite simple for someone who isn't a player here to have a strong view on RWL's code. Quite simply, prominence sucks from a software engineering prospective. No documentation.. They don't even follow the rules of structured programming (thank goodness they never heard of the goto statement...)
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Shadow

Quote from: bjornredtail on May 15, 2008, 02:53:28 PM
Well, it's quite simple for someone who isn't a player here to have a strong view on RWL's code. Quite simply, prominence sucks from a software engineering prospective. No documentation.. They don't even follow the rules of structured programming (thank goodness they never heard of the goto statement...)

That has nothing to do with the abilities of our members.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Quote from: bjornredtail on May 15, 2008, 02:53:28 PM
They don't even follow the rules of structured programming (thank goodness they never heard of the goto statement...)

Amen to that. FaF did a pretty good job of cleaning it up though.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

wolf bite

When I said "our code", I meant how our game works with the different features and upgrades compared to other games he does play that are also from the prom code.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Alazar is Back

Heh, we have proved before how well our members can perform in other servers. I am doing quite well in all the servers i play except for qmt...its really hard lol
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Death

I keep editing, blah, but someone gave me an idea, which was to not allow this to go on. You are all entitled to think whatever you want, so if you honestly believe that I don't like all RWL players or your game, go right ahead. For the record, I did play Imperium and did not like it, and I have played games with race specific spells before.

I made this because I was sent something that an RWL player that I will not name said. "I like to rob them, it's Death" which is fine, I have no problem with it, but it was not me so some random guy was getting raped by someone with a grudge against me. So I made this.

The Lady Shael

Mm, just don't let your run-ins with RWL members leave you prejudiced about our community as a whole or the quality of our game, even if it's not your taste.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Death

I have said on several occasions that I think RWL is a good game, it's just not what I like. And I am friends with many RWLers, there are only a couple that I keep bumping heads with no matter how I avoid them. ;)

btw There is a new SMF version out, they just fixed a security hole.

The Lady Shael

Understandable. =p And thanks, need to make a backup of the forums anyway.

bjornredtail

Amen to that. FaF did a pretty good job of cleaning it up though.
It's better, but it's still not that great. FAF added some more complicated stuff (take a look at the config file for example), but at least that stuff is documented. Oh well... Summer Project #532.1, Document Everything... (and all the while you are at it jobs that go along with that)
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!