Crazy round

Started by Firetooth, May 05, 2008, 02:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Mon, 05 May 2008 12:18:33 -0600
From Sabriel (#21) (?)

My run went well too - I managed to make 4m of skiffs, they are all on market now. Btw, someone bought all the skiffs I put up previously on the market and then stole all the money back. Grrrr...

New players being market thefted and terrible land spreading. Feng had 88k earlier, I had 80, now max land on any player is 56k...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

Its entirely his fault if the money was stolen
I've tested it.  It /only/ gives you market money when you login.  So even if you're online and someone buys something, you don't get the proceeds till you log in again

He may have logged in to check messages and not noticed he had money, or someone was very quick and stole from him as soon as they saw he was online

Really, there's no excuse for being market-thefted from this round. 

And eh.  The land always spreads out

No worse than any other round.  Better infact, as market theft is very hard to pull off.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

LOL Windy, Sabriel is a she :P
Oh, so now it's okay to market theft new players? Their arrogant and perhaps a little foolish, so am I.
I think I might give up turbo if that's the attidude all round.
I stole back the cash off the culprit-and more, that's acceptable cos they had their shields down in my opinion and unprovoked market thefted.

Mon, 05 May 2008 13:55:22 -0600
think before market thefting :-p I bet you the money I took off you that you dont want to market theft anyone again.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

No Firetooth.
I said there was no reason for it to happen.  Not that it was ok to do so.

Because you only get cash when you login, there's no time for somone to steal it.  If you leave oodles of cash out in the open then that's a silly move.  Now she knows better.  Use the cash.
The market is lively this round.  If someone buys your troops, buy them back and put them back on the market.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

Well not many people have had a round anything like this windy :P You're post defended peryites actions, almost praising them. Whether that was intended or not isn't clear. And Peryite may have bought the troops off Sabriel while she was offline, then when she logged off they stole it. I dunno the details, but c'mon market thefting shouldnt be done. Just cos you can do something doesn't mean you should. You can shoot someone, doesn't mean you should.

taekwondokid42

I just got onlined...

Someone thought they were being noble by saving ArmyofOne. Little did they know that I had espied him to check that he had 0 turns. I would've spent the whole run murdering them, but then I wouldn't be any better off then when I started. He/she lucked out.

Firetooth

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on May 05, 2008, 03:52:16 PM
I just got onlined...

Someone thought they were being noble by saving ArmyofOne. Little did they know that I had espied him to check that he had 0 turns. I would've spent the whole run murdering them, but then I wouldn't be any better off then when I started. He/she lucked out.
heheh I helped you wreck him, he sacked me a load. Minus 4bil cash and a ton of troops, next step:market theft :P

You have learned the following information:
ArmyOfOne (#17)
Turns (?) 10 (max 550)
Turns Stored (?) 0 (max 200)
Rank (?) #9
Workers (?) 233,276
Acres (?) 27,990
Cash (?) $6,394,957,225
Food (?) 35,610,620
Loyalty (?) 1,145,702
Networth (?) $56,278,233
  Location (?) Southsward
Race (?) Rat
Health (?) 100%
Tax Rate (?) 10%
Rats (?) 2,140,188
Weasels (?) 6,002,642
Stoats (?) 2,972,899
Skiffs (?) 2,000,906
Leaders (?) 233,316

windhound

Quote from: Firetooth on May 05, 2008, 03:30:54 PM
Well not many people have had a round anything like this windy :P You're post defended peryites actions, almost praising them. Whether that was intended or not isn't clear. And Peryite may have bought the troops off Sabriel while she was offline, then when she logged off they stole it. I dunno the details, but c'mon market thefting shouldnt be done. Just cos you can do something doesn't mean you should. You can shoot someone, doesn't mean you should.

I'm not sure you're aware of how the round is setup, even though I just stated it twice.
True Market Theft is Not Possible this round.

Normal rounds, when you buy something the owner gets the cash immediately, and you can proceed to steal the cash while they're no there.
This round the owner does not get a penny till they log in, and only when they log in.  If you dont notice you have oodles of cash, that's entirely your fault.  Logging off while leaving billions of cash out has never been a smart idea

You're just being stolen from this round.  Its not proper market theft, as it cant be done immediately and without the knowledge of the owner.  You can only steal the cash after its given to the owner, and that only happens when they log in.
Again, even if you're online you dont get the cash.  You get the notice someone has bought troops, but you do not get the cash until you log out and back in.

Is that plain enough?
I'm not defending market theft, I'm saying its not doable this round.  If you leave cash out, yes.  There's a good chance it will be stolen.  But you'll have seen the cash and know you have it, therefor its your fault that you get stolen from...  Whereas true victims of market theft never had a chance to do anything about it.
= P

Shadow

I think leaderers now have an upper hand with the market changes. Meh, at least free net without upkeep was nerfed.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Firetooth on May 05, 2008, 03:54:04 PM
heheh I helped you wreck him, he sacked me a load. Minus 4bil cash and a ton of troops, next step:market theft :P

Yeah he sacked me today too...
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on May 05, 2008, 09:29:22 PM
I think leaderers now have an upper hand with the market changes. Meh, at least free net without upkeep was nerfed.
hehhe one of my reasons to switch to leader :P of course there's several others, I merely need to save up cash...
Quote from: Alazar is Back on May 05, 2008, 09:43:58 PM
Quote from: Firetooth on May 05, 2008, 03:54:04 PM

Yeah he sacked me today too...
meh, he's learnt his lesson. he knows what happens if he does again :P

Sabriel

Market-thefting isn't possible this round, as you receive money from bought goods when you login, and not immediately like before. I forgot that, the point is that in my logs stealing came right after notification which said my goods were sold. I didn't check the time :P
Firetooth, thanks for your support

Quote from: Takara on August 08, 2009, 12:50:19 PMHOWL IS AWESOME. YOU ARE SAD BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT HOWL.

Quote from: Genevieve on November 11, 2009, 02:38:03 AMAsian food is also usually inanimate.
USUALLY.

Firetooth

no prob, hehe i cant get that smiley up, how d'ya do that?lol :P
And alazar, I think I ruined ArmyOfOne's run :-p

Group 1 won through their opponents.
Group 2 won through their opponents.
Group 3 won through their opponents.
Group 4 won through their opponents.
Your Army breaks through ArmyOfOne's defenses and captures 2,227 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
1 Stoats
In their defense, ArmyOfOne lost:
7,941,476 Stoats

Sabriel

8 mills on one attack?! And you lost only one stoat, lol...
Btw smilie is from Cosgan, copy the UBB code in your post (they have some freakin' awesome smilies). And if german confuses you, there is a tiny link in the top right corner for English.

Quote from: Takara on August 08, 2009, 12:50:19 PMHOWL IS AWESOME. YOU ARE SAD BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT HOWL.

Quote from: Genevieve on November 11, 2009, 02:38:03 AMAsian food is also usually inanimate.
USUALLY.

Firetooth

His health was a mager factor :P only 8%, less health, more troops you lose. Ok, its also on deviantart, my bad :P
updated, now he's scared to lose his troops, this is to good! That was some sport to pass the time.
Lesson: Indies, dont pick a fight with a leaderer, Im in love with leader ehehehe. I might go marten next round as well :P

You have learned the following information:
ArmyOfOne (#17)
Turns (?) 10 (max 550)
Turns Stored (?) 35 (max 200)
Rank (?) #13
Workers (?) 211,292
Acres (?) 46,111
Cash (?) $10,341,910,703
Food (?) 40,196,372
Loyalty (?) 4,577,919
Networth (?) $30,953,211
  Location (?) Southsward
Race (?) Rat
Health (?) 80%
Tax Rate (?) 10%
Rats (?) 0
Weasels (?) 0
Stoats (?) 0
Skiffs (?) 0
Leaders (?) 1,077,909