market storing revisited?

Started by Shadow, May 01, 2008, 03:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

No mercs could make for a fun code, but i was under the impression that we were trying to get rid of market storing. This theme makes it absolutely necessary. Getting rid of market theft means that indy can now make insane troops at practically 0 cost to themselves and they are completely safe from any attack other than an online attack. I think the idea has potential, but right now it is severely unbalanced.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

CobyCopper

Agreed. I was looking forward to a real challenge for the indy'ers, instead of this which (to me) seems like it's a handout for storing troops. The fact that market theft doesn't work this round is icing on the unbalanced cake.

Firetooth

I'd rather just indy normally then insane market storing but no mercs.
And bob, try solo indying as rat with no mercs and only normal market settings. LOL it's imposible.
And sorry, how are we safe from market thefting? You can still buy troops off us and steal?Im confused (as usual)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Peace has realized this and so we've made a change to this round: market goods can only be put on the market for 4 days.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Cool. That could work. But I think there should also be a while before goods can be out back on the market, because even with penalties, an indier can still go nuts this round.

And market theft needs to come back if this round is to be even remotely balanced.

CobyCopper

Yeah--the problem is an indy'er can, for example, run 10 turns, store on the market, run 10 turns, store on the market... &c. In short, they can make it so there are nearly no maintenance costs. I would rather that they can be store for 3 days and it's capped at 75% or some number lower than 100%. Market theft really was a balancing factor--it was a place Indy'ers were always exposed to and leaders could take advantage of, much like indy'ers could always attack leaders for land, but leaders had a disadvantage for the price of loyalty.

Firetooth

Leaders always have advantages over leaders, for once, I say power to the indies!lol :P
But market thefting should be allowed.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: CobyCopper on May 02, 2008, 02:03:45 PM
Yeah--the problem is an indy'er can, for example, run 10 turns, store on the market, run 10 turns, store on the market... &c. In short, they can make it so there are nearly no maintenance costs.

Wow, how do you think wind got so many troops last round? i could make 200mil rats a run on like 2bil in cash if that....or like 40mil skiffs a run so on and so on...
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

CobyCopper

I'm saying in this round, they can store all their troops and incur nearly no maintence costs. If you haven't noticed, this thread is about the current Turbo Round 10 game, not about the prior Turbo Round 9 game.

Shadow

If I put a bunch of rats on the market on day 1, and then a bunch more on the market at the same price on day 2, the groups combine. What day do they come off? All at once, 4 days after day 1? or after day 2? Or does it split up?

Alazar is Back

Quote from: CobyCopper on May 02, 2008, 02:33:55 PM
I'm saying in this round, they can store all their troops and incur nearly no maintence costs. If you haven't noticed, this thread is about the current Turbo Round 10 game, not about the prior Turbo Round 9 game.

From now on do yourself a favor and actually read the post. I was giving a supporting example of how many troops you can make when you don't have to support them....
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

CobyCopper

Quote from: Alazar is Back on May 03, 2008, 07:46:16 PM
Quote from: CobyCopper on May 02, 2008, 02:33:55 PM

From now on do yourself a favor and actually read the post. I was giving a supporting example of how many troops you can make when you don't have to support them....
I looked over it a few times--and it comes over to me that you were just using the market to store 25%--not exactly the point I was making about being able to get everything gone at the same time. It is similar--but my point is that you can quite literally incur no maintenance and have 5-6 runs of army all available. With a good rat and high land, they can generate $200m+ NW very quickly--and that means $1+b NW to work with at any given time.