Clean slate

Started by Shadow, April 30, 2008, 02:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Last round was awful. Murders left right and centre with no provocation. I did a fair chunk of them, too, which is shameful. This round I will be attempting to bring some of the old values back into the game. I will not go to war unless someone does something mean to me first, and I will not murder people simply because they have a lot of net. I will be playing competitively, but doing so by advancing myself rather than slowing down others. 

The game needs some values or the community falls apart, as I have seen at several other prom games. So. My apologies for last round, and I hope that people will be able to move past it.

As for the new theme: interesting idea, but severely unbalanced. Indy is completely useless now, since leaderers do not buy troops nearly enough to finance runs.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sharptooh

Very good point I will be trying to do the same, also yes the new theme is interesting but it does render indy nearly completely useless

Sabriel

And disadvantages new players, because leader strategy is really hard. Indy is way easier to learn.

Quote from: Takara on August 08, 2009, 12:50:19 PMHOWL IS AWESOME. YOU ARE SAD BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT HOWL.

Quote from: Genevieve on November 11, 2009, 02:38:03 AMAsian food is also usually inanimate.
USUALLY.

Sharptooh

Yeah you're right there, indy is much easier to learn, I suppose you could kind of indy if you put your troops on the market for really cheap prices, might have to wait a while to sell them though  :-\

Wolf Snare

I believe the point of this round is to promote/force teamwork. I admire you're dedication to bringing honour back into our society, Shadow. I will play likewise.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

I dont like this round. I cant leader well at all and am going to have to heavily rely on other players, which makes me feel uncomfartable.
Meh. Despite not actually commiting any murderes, I had my fair share to do with them :P Mainly directed at wind for murdering off a student of mine and me. I may have gona bit overkill, but meh, no hard feelings?
Quote from: Sabriel on April 30, 2008, 02:35:46 PM
And disadvantages new players, because leader strategy is really hard. Indy is way easier to learn.
Yeah. After one quick convo on msn Sabriel already changd from 48mil net with something lke 60k land to 78milnet with 60kland. You could've finishd 180mil net but you aided stuff to bob which he aided to shadow.
So, as you can understand, I might end up giving up this round if I fail to make an impact.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

pippin the mighty

Errm, might be my mistake but there is no merces, but barracks...

Firetooth

I know. That's why Im annoyed :o
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sabriel

???
This round is mercs-less.
Merciless... :D

Quote from: Takara on August 08, 2009, 12:50:19 PMHOWL IS AWESOME. YOU ARE SAD BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT HOWL.

Quote from: Genevieve on November 11, 2009, 02:38:03 AMAsian food is also usually inanimate.
USUALLY.

Firetooth

Words cannot express my feelings, but the name of a smily can:
:D lol

windhound

Eh.  Targeted murders are still fair game.
Random massacre's not so much.

It doesn't really matter imo
This round is going to work very oddly.
-Market theft is no longer doable (unless you online attack)
-A much higher cap on troop storage (I believe I just stored about 9/10's of my army)
-Marketed troop net is still added to total net
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

CobyCopper

Quote from: windhound on April 30, 2008, 07:33:53 PM
Eh.  Targeted murders are still fair game.
Random massacre's not so much.

It doesn't really matter imo
This round is going to work very oddly.
-Market theft is no longer doable (unless you online attack)
-A much higher cap on troop storage (I believe I just stored about 9/10's of my army)
-Marketed troop net is still added to total net

Marketed troops have almost always been added to total NW, but not accounted for it in NW Breakdown. Ever notice removal? Something like 30% of it is lost to merchants, even though some/none were sold. It's really in there, but it's just not seen.

ImperialPhoenix

A round like this seems interesting.

General Austin

Looks like the market will become ridiculously important...indies might have a place in all this, though. If they put all their troops on the market for a ridiculously inflated price, the leader massers will have no choice but to buy them when they're trying to get defenses to hold a strong nw. This gives the indyers alot of money...but, then again, they'll still get massacred when their food runs out, etc..

-sigh- my poor indy strat...my poor, poor, indy strat...-weeps-

Peace Alliance

sack sack mass mass sell sell sack sack.