valhall

Started by Firetooth, April 29, 2008, 02:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death

No I mean Battle, as in Classic Battle. Just don't clan up to get aid or spread land, lol.

And this isn't something I'm going to bring up in public, but it is something that is starting to really piss me off, add me on MSN if you want me to explain it.

Oh and if it makes you feel better, there have been several times at Valhall where I would have won but was killed. It's half the fun to players there, sometimes.

Firetooth

Lol, thats bad :P what is your msn then?
Ok, lol Im just mixed up. Lol, Ill try. I still dont see anything wrong with receiving aid from someone who wants to aid you, but I admit I was in the wrong the first time.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

I don't think there's anything wrong with it either, but others do.

And just ask Feng, he has it and I don't want to post it here.

Firetooth

Ok. ;) added.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

fyi, I played at valhall for a few months after the clan competition... Although the code is pretty basic and utterly dull, I dont find the player calibre there anywhere near those at redwall.
  Obviously taking the code differences into concideration, I can say with great certainty that redwall has overall better players, and is a much friendlier community.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Death

You played one month after the CC and took 26th place in Strategy. Valhall has all finishes recorded, I guess you didn't know that though.

And they are two different games, two very different games. Comparing them like that is only going to annoy someone, especially when you obviously don't know what you're talking about. I mean you play the CC and say it's dull, I have explained multiple times that the CC is not a Valhall code, it's made to be similar to QMT Classic.

Nabata

Quote from: Firetooth on May 01, 2008, 12:12:48 PM
Whatever. I cant stand valhall or it's players.
And nabata, if you enjoy killing so much (which is very in my opinion strange and wasteful) play battlefield :P
No death, I'm fed up of being killed. If I want to, I could kill him. No skill would be required, but im not gonna join  just for that. Nabata, unlike you I don't sign up to kill others. Get some N/W and a better attitude. Two kills in two months is bad.
I dislike battlefield's code. See the thing is i don't sign up to kill either, I threw away my set to gather all the land so a friend could do his run, with 200mil+ foots i gathered 302k land and my friend ended up having a really great run. After depleting ALL my grains and such running i said [haties] with it and i decided to kill you, whether or not i should have oh well.

As for the two kills in 2 months, it is 1 kill in two months but its the first set i played since January.
But in January I got 3 kills last may i got 11 kills. Big deal. As for net i dislike CB netting.

But if anyone here wants to challenge me in Strat i can keep up. I could use more competition.
Networths aren't great because there is nothing driving me to do any better.
2008     April                2      Youre In My House(#22)                $345,839,581                   Gnome
2008     January     7     Not too late am i? 6days left(#56)...     $176,003,533               Gnome
2007     November      4      Suicide Is Contagius(#74)             $188,490,642             Gnome
2007     March              2       Cash is overrated use creditcard(#1...  $320,051,416              Gnome
2007     February     1     I am Not A Bank.(#15)                         $214,901,998               Gnome
2006     December      8       Strat Adjustor(#21)                         $361,400,512               Gnome

QuoteExactly. They don't know me so there's no reason for them to murder or kill me. It just seems any time I do well at valhall, I get murdered or killed.
And then tell me what's going on. I don't have a clue Tongue

I didn't know who the [haties] you were, [haties] i didn't even know a game called RWL existed.
Nabata, I did not whine. I accepted it. You are whining cos you're an idiot who killed me unprovoked. Killing is an act of war. Valhall considers murders and kills ok to damage someone.

Here is another thing, ALOT of people at valhall get mad at me for doing it as well, but it's my play style if am bored, or start in the last week of the set. And i am not whining about killing you, i was apologizing, because i didn't know you weren't from valhall and i was trying make amends but if you and the rest of the people here are just gonna call me an idiot because i am a unorthodox player then i don't feel the need to extend my apologizes in the future.

QuoteDeath, be my guest and play. Nabata, I think you are a complete idiot. Ruining other players gaming experience because "you like to kill" is completely retarded. How would you like it if I killed you?
See that doesn't hurt, I don't know you, or have the interest to.  You don't even know me and you call me an idiot because my playing styles is different pity, and i heard the community here was decent. And to be quite honest you could try to kill me, i doubt you would succeed. And if you did kill, i would be a man and re-create just to kick your [Behind] back. I am only ruining the experience of those who take the game too seriously.

QuoteI did not kill you for ANY OTHER REASON than the fact that I LIKE to kill
exactly.... that goes against everything that most people are RWL consider a prom game to be.

As i said, i didn't know that some random empire with no hit limit to be a RWL player, i didn't know there was a RWL. But they wouldn't have a kill feature in a game if it wasn't meant to be used.
If you dislike the fact i do it for no point at all, well i am sorry that you can't get over that. But as i said i am not going to change my style of play because one player from another game got mad.

wolf bite

Gentlemen, gentlemen,

A few things here.  First I want to welcome a new member Nabata to our forums and maybe someday to our games.

Many new people don't know some of our rules. Because we get a lot of the very young from the Redwall books that find us, we keep a strict PG13 rating and never any personal attacks.  Talk about someone's actions but don't make conclusions about the person's abilities or intelligence. I excuse Nabata because he did not know and was only reacting to posts by our members who should know better.  Calling someone an "idiot" after their first post is ... well ... just kinda wrong.

Next, I want to address that arguing about some other game on our general forums is against the rules. Sure, advertising goes in the spa room, some chat (without advertising) comparing other games to ours is allowed in the general discussion. But arguing about their game actions is not allowed.

The third thing to bring up is a personal note. We have had people that randomly killed people on our game. I think peace even ran a clan before he became staff that just killed random players. I don't like it, but it is not against the rules. Why are we arguing about what is legal on this game and the game you played in just because it is frowned on? 

If you guys want to continue to talk about the differences in our code or the aggressiveness of their players ... fine. Go past that and this topic will shut.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)

Edit: Notices Scarwake moved this as I was posting. Good thing he is on the ball.
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Wolf Snare

Well, sorry to say, but before I apologize, I would like to take a few minutes to get my point across properly. It's people like Nabata that tear apart closely nit community's like ours, chase new players away, and annoy everyone else.

I'd say the sole reason that the Redwall community is a better environment than Valhall is because we lack people like that.

I wish I could say I respected him for his playing style and ability, but that is hardly the case. I find it takes very little skill to make a kill run, especially on their server. And just because it takes 250 turns to do someone in on Valhall, hardly gives anyone a better excuse to randomly kill people.

Evidently, Valhall doesn't welcome newcomers in the same fashion as we do here at Redwall.

If killing newbs off is fun and /or even tolerated by the vets there, so be it, but the community and playerbase will never flourish.

Let's face it, no one likes to log on and see their account red.
I don't see why anyone would want the reputation and actually pride themselves on killing people.
Personally, knowing I am responsible for my home servers decline in activity; just not my cup of tea.

I don't believe Valhall has the same morals on their server either, and I don't think there is a code of honour of any sort to respect your fellow man. Hey, why not just kill him instead? ???

Firetooth's death is a prime example of the sort of sportsmanship Valhall has to offer.

Now, before the lot of you start attacking me, let me state a few things.

First, I have nothing against Valhall whatsoever. I will apologize for my negative comments towards a few aspects of the Valhall community. However, this is my personal opinion on the happenings on the Valhall server. I ask that if you do not agree, at least respect my opinion; my points are valid.

2nd. As you can see, I despise random kills, because thats not what this game is about. kills take NO strategy or skill. However, if you are one of the few that has chosen that style of play, I really have nothing against you. Namely Nabata, I am sorry for calling you an idiot; I was out of line insulting you on a personal level. but I do not think you and I could ever truly see eye to eye. I only really reacted so harshly because this is the 2ND time Firetooth has complained about being randomly targeted and killed. I guess to be honest, I just don't really understand what you aim to accomplish by killing off newcomers.
I realize it is a game, the definition of which is to have fun. Kinda missing the point in how being killed is fun. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Thirdly, I do realize that it is nearly impossible to properly compare the Redwall and Valhall code, so forget what I said about player calibre. It would take too much time and effort to even get my point across, so scrap it. However, I believe I can freely state without controversy, that we have a much friendlier environment here.
Instead of killing off newbs, we greet them warmly. We see every new player as a possible addition to our society, and we take the time to mold them into the next generation of Elite player. I guess that was what I was getting at.

In closing, I hope we can more or less end the petty arguments back and forth, and either compromise, or agree to disagree.

-Wolf Snare

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

wolf bite

Snare, Thanks for stepping up.

I agree with you about what you say. All our members work to make a better place for all. I said long ago that if you chase way other members then you will be the emperor of no one.

I made a polite post on their forums about how they are killing their own society by immediately jumping on and insulting new people. For that I was massively insulted. Hehe.

The one point I disagree with you is about Nabata.  We must look at the environment where someone does an act. Sure, George Washington the great American owned slaves. But it was legal at the time. Likewise on Valhall kills are acceptable ways of playing.  I don't think Nabata knew his target was a new player, just one more target in their way of playing.  Nabata could have been the next person to be killed for all he knew and just did so first.  It is the underlining rules of play that are the problem.

I fully agree with you that they have some problems over there. Maw works his tail off to make a nice place, writes a news letter, etc. Then a bunch of people have nothing better to do then to fight amongst themselves about who is best and insult each other. It would take determination to really want to be a member to stick around after that treatment. 

Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Death

None of you are Valhall players, you just know about a couple of arguments that happened recently. It used to be a nice place, but the players that were there back then don't feel like playing anymore.

And no I did not read the previous posts, because again, you are not Valhall players therefor your opinions about Valhall hold no weight in my eyes. I don't tell you guys what to do here, I expect the same.

Firetooth

Well snare, I think I enjoy being killed by now :P lol
firetoothy the third is my third cb, lets see if I get the hat-trick of kills in three months :-*

And it's unfair other rwl players should be insulted on my account. They're only sticking up for me.
And nabata, whatever. Snare could easy kill you if it takes you 250 turns.
And yeah, the admins at valhall are working hard, its a great site, but lacks community

Death

...What? Valhall has one active Admin who is too busy to do everything that needs to be done. I don't know where you're getting this "hard working team of Admins" bit from.

Who is insulting RWL though? I must have missed that.

And Valhall just doesn't have an active forum because of a few things

1. We all have the MSN/AIM of any player we would like to contact
2. We don't feel the need to complain about everything ingame on the forum, we have MSN
3. The players there are almost all 18+, meaning we have many things to do that take priority over Promisance.

Another edit,

So I was just contacted by someone I used to play Prom with, something very fishy is going on and I intend to find out exactly what it is, and the first step is going to be me not discussing the game with anyone to see who does what, if anyone does. There is a lot of false information being put out about Valhall and people who have played there (myself included) by someone, and it is recent.

Carry on.

Nabata

Quote from: Wolf Snare on May 02, 2008, 07:10:42 AM
Well, sorry to say, but before I apologize, I would like to take a few minutes to get my point across properly. It's people like Nabata that tear apart closely nit community's like ours, chase new players away, and annoy everyone else.

I'd say the sole reason that the Redwall community is a better environment than Valhall is because we lack people like that.

I wish I could say I respected him for his playing style and ability, but that is hardly the case. I find it takes very little skill to make a kill run, especially on their server. And just because it takes 250 turns to do someone in on Valhall, hardly gives anyone a better excuse to randomly kill people.

Evidently, Valhall doesn't welcome newcomers in the same fashion as we do here at Redwall.

If killing newbs off is fun and /or even tolerated by the vets there, so be it, but the community and playerbase will never flourish.

Let's face it, no one likes to log on and see their account red.
I don't see why anyone would want the reputation and actually pride themselves on killing people.
Personally, knowing I am responsible for my home servers decline in activity; just not my cup of tea.

I don't believe Valhall has the same morals on their server either, and I don't think there is a code of honour of any sort to respect your fellow man. Hey, why not just kill him instead? ???

Firetooth's death is a prime example of the sort of sportsmanship Valhall has to offer.

Now, before the lot of you start attacking me, let me state a few things.

First, I have nothing against Valhall whatsoever. I will apologize for my negative comments towards a few aspects of the Valhall community. However, this is my personal opinion on the happenings on the Valhall server. I ask that if you do not agree, at least respect my opinion; my points are valid.

2nd. As you can see, I despise random kills, because thats not what this game is about. kills take NO strategy or skill. However, if you are one of the few that has chosen that style of play, I really have nothing against you. Namely Nabata, I am sorry for calling you an idiot; I was out of line insulting you on a personal level. but I do not think you and I could ever truly see eye to eye. I only really reacted so harshly because this is the 2ND time Firetooth has complained about being randomly targeted and killed. I guess to be honest, I just don't really understand what you aim to accomplish by killing off newcomers.
I realize it is a game, the definition of which is to have fun. Kinda missing the point in how being killed is fun. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Thirdly, I do realize that it is nearly impossible to properly compare the Redwall and Valhall code, so forget what I said about player calibre. It would take too much time and effort to even get my point across, so scrap it. However, I believe I can freely state without controversy, that we have a much friendlier environment here.
Instead of killing off newbs, we greet them warmly. We see every new player as a possible addition to our society, and we take the time to mold them into the next generation of Elite player. I guess that was what I was getting at.

In closing, I hope we can more or less end the petty arguments back and forth, and either compromise, or agree to disagree.

-Wolf Snare

The point is, I do not find myself skilled in killing, i just said i like to do it, that does not imply i am skilled. I only posted what i did because Firetooth said it was lame i only got 2 kills in 2 months.
The reason i didn't mind killing firetooth is, exactly as you put it
QuoteValhall doesn't welcome newcomers in the same fashion as we do here at Redwall.
So i was surprised that it was something new, i hoping to kill someone from valhall. What you fail to know is i dislike the valhall community in general. I play for the sake of playing. I have another reason to i plat valhall for the time being, i have disclosed this matter with wolf bite, between admin and admin. I never said i take pride in killing, i just said i like it. I know i am a noob despite what death says. I accept your apology, i didn't mean to start anything. I only came to apologize to Firetooth.

Lastly, how is one supposed to great a new member, if he/or she does not reveal themselves as new members. When i look at valhall i see the same bunch off jerks set after set. I am only hoping to kill them nothing more.

Quote from: Firetooth on May 02, 2008, 10:37:04 AM
Well snare, I think I enjoy being killed by now :P lol
firetoothy the third is my third cb, lets see if I get the hat-trick of kills in three months :-*

And it's unfair other rwl players should be insulted on my account. They're only sticking up for me.
And nabata, whatever. Snare could easy kill you if it takes you 250 turns.
And yeah, the admins at valhall are working hard, its a great site, but lacks community

I am not trying to insult any RWL player, i came to apologize, wolf bite thinks i was very professional about it so there is nothing more to say. And as Wolf bite said, do not make conclusion's on my abilites, i think i could give wolf snare a good go at a friendly competition.

In closing, I apologize for stepping in this topic to apologize, i didn't think it would create so much, arguements. I only sought to make amends.

Firetooth

Quote from: Firetooth on April 30, 2008, 10:41:12 AM
lol, no worries, Im just ticked off, both rounds I've cb'd ive been killed and I didn't do anything wrong other then playing decent this time 0.o
Read, I accepted your apology. :P