Peace

Started by The Obliterator, April 11, 2008, 01:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

This after the fact speculation is embarrassing. Everyone talking about how easy it was has months of living with Peace on top under their belt without succeeding. A few more days, a few more weeks, whatever, it's irrelevant, nothing was done.

Now shush and let's hope someone else does something fun.
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThis after the fact speculation is embarrassing. Everyone talking about how easy it was has months of living with Peace on top under their belt without succeeding.

Yeah, but I wasn't trying... and as far as I could tell, neither was the rest of the top ten.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on April 28, 2008, 10:28:44 PM
QuoteThis after the fact speculation is embarrassing. Everyone talking about how easy it was has months of living with Peace on top under their belt without succeeding.

Yeah, but I wasn't trying... and as far as I could tell, neither was the rest of the top ten.
Most pathetic excuse I've ever heard :P
I will not deleted this

The Obliterator

me and ally did believe me it wasn't easy gathering 150-200 mil weasles
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

QuoteYeah, but I wasn't trying... and as far as I could tell, neither was the rest of the top ten.
Just because you laid back and took it doesn't mean you got any less owned. Stop making excuses and admit that Peace had a great run considering it was usually only him and one other person running at a time.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Alazar is Back

Quote from: CobyCopper on April 26, 2008, 03:13:43 PM
60k land, 100% rats, only barracks, and a few billion food. I think it'd be quite possible to do. I don't the PA had that many towers either--he had to have a huge number of huts or he would have never been emp for so long. I decided against trying to break PA for a two weeks more, so I could continue running a strat.

Wow, you can state the obvious! I think everyone in this discussion knows how to indy...
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

CobyCopper

Quote from: Alazar is Back on April 29, 2008, 02:07:51 PM
Quote from: CobyCopper on April 26, 2008, 03:13:43 PM
60k land, 100% rats, only barracks, and a few billion food. I think it'd be quite possible to do. I don't the PA had that many towers either--he had to have a huge number of huts or he would have never been emp for so long. I decided against trying to break PA for a two weeks more, so I could continue running a strat.

Wow, you can state the obvious! I think everyone in this discussion knows how to indy...
I have another way to do it too--but I won't say it. It's more profitable too...

Peace Alliance

Volkov your understanding of the game is often surprisingly limited.

I withstood thousands of attacks, it wasn't as though I could have been broken by so few rats for very long, i patched that hole up on my next run. Meanwhile i kept a keen eye on everyone since i could espionage the entire game. If anyone WERE going to use rats, i would have seen it coming (as i did with stoats).

To hold off the entire game i had to have every area secured, that includes leaders and all 4 troop types. I didn't hold everyone off simply because people were lazy. Wrath was on my case the entire time, switching to different troop types, and i was suicided against with leaders to an extent where at times i was as low as 6 million leaders on 250k land!

If YOU were being lazy then so be it. It might be true that you are in fact lazy in the game. As you haven't learned any of the new strats, and you're still running the same old sure-fire-lazyboy-easy-newb-leader-strat you've been running for years ;)

Shadow

6 mil leaders on 250k land can be open att op's by 50k land with 175 ratio. You guys missed a full 24 hours of golden opportunity. As far as I am concerned, that was the moment you were officially owned.

CobyCopper

Quote from: Shadow on April 29, 2008, 04:33:39 PM
6 mil leaders on 250k land can be open att op's by 50k land with 175 ratio. You guys missed a full 24 hours of golden opportunity. As far as I am concerned, that was the moment you were officially owned.

On the other hand, there are two different ways to run leaders--cutting your land or heavily expanding it. As it works out, when you're much bigger, you're immune to more missions then when you're small, since their attacking ratio drops (it's the average of land) compared to your defending ratio that stays the same. That being said, it'd be nearly impossible to gather as much or more land than PA had and thus be able to break through like that.

To tell you all the truth--I wasn't really trying to break PA. I got in near or after he became Emperor, and I was focusing on running my strategy. If given another few weeks, I'm sure every member could have beat PA if they focused on that. I did some math to demonstrate bad ideas on the parts of several members.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIf YOU were being lazy then so be it. It might be true that you are in fact lazy in the game. As you haven't learned any of the new strats, and you're still running the same old sure-fire-lazyboy-easy-newb-leader-strat you've been running for years

Right now? Yes, I am. I am perfectly capable of running any strat I want though. The operative word in that string was "lazyboy", for that is exactly what I am. Lazy. I wasn't lazy in League, Prot, or when I was emp. And I did very well all those times. So you can just bugger off.

QuoteMost pathetic excuse I've ever heard

True enough, but that is the truth. I've got other stuff to do, RWL comes last after school, work, and real life friends.

QuoteJust because you laid back and took it doesn't mean you got any less owned. Stop making excuses and admit that Peace had a great run considering it was usually only him and one other person running at a time.

Shadow, I never said he didn't have a great run, in fact I stated it several times. However, I don't think he would have has as long a run if I and others had really been committed to his downfall. The plain fact of the matter is that I did not give a hoot about Peace being emp. I was too busy with other things in my life to care about what someone was doing in a game. If you want me to admit I was owned, fine, I was owned, but not by Ollie. By real life. I have been under too much stress in the last few weeks to sit here and take crap from some guy I only know online over a game that I am playing merely as recreation.

QuoteVolkov your understanding of the game is often surprisingly limited.

Ollie, shut up, I am not in the mood.

I withstood thousands of attacks, it wasn't as though I could have been broken by so few rats for very long, i patched that hole up on my next run. Meanwhile i kept a keen eye on everyone since i could espionage the entire game. If anyone WERE going to use rats, i would have seen it coming (as i did with stoats).

To hold off the entire game i had to have every area secured, that includes leaders and all 4 troop types. I didn't hold everyone off simply because people were lazy. Wrath was on my case the entire time, switching to different troop types, and i was suicided against with leaders to an extent where at times i was as low as 6 million leaders on 250k land!

Yeah, fine, you did good. Never said you didn't.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Shadow

Volk you need to relax. You are too easy to get a rise out of.

Holby

Quote from: Holby on April 28, 2008, 04:44:21 AM
This after the fact speculation is embarrassing. Everyone talking about how easy it was has months of living with Peace on top under their belt without succeeding. A few more days, a few more weeks, whatever, it's irrelevant, nothing was done.

Now shush and let's hope someone else does something fun.
I knew my prococative post would give me future minutes of controversial happiness! :D
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

QuoteVolk you need to relax. You are too easy to get a rise out of.

I'm in a bad mood. I've just had two killer finals in two days. Zoology and Calculus 2 are not for the weak-willed. I'm going to go out and blow off a lot of steam now.

Peace Alliance

Phaw, how could a Zoology exam be anything but fun? You get to walk around petting cute animals all day!